Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

The Politics Thread 2019

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

For me, it's the freedom of movement thing that's the most galling. It's one of the very few pure freedoms we have in life - the absolute right to up sticks and live work in Germany, Italy, Hungary, Denmark... wherever. And the older generation (my parents included) have robbed my kids of that chance and, for me - and i use the word deliberately - imprisoned them career and culture wise in the UK.

Even more galling is the fact that ending FOM won't affect immigration... , swapping generally white, Christian, European immigrants (who leavers don't like) for the sort of immigration most leavers despise beyond belief - non white, non Christian immigration

When I've challenged my parents on this in that they've voted to reduce mine and their grandkids education, career and lifestyle choices .....they retort back with bizarre vagaries....'Boris will sort it out', 'they'll come begging / they need us' 'we won the war' 'it's democracy' etc etc. And I genuinely think their attitude is fairly representative of many (if not most) leavers. It sickens me, tbh

Sickens me too. 

Selfish sods playing Russian roulette with the younger generation's future! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FIF said:

Didn't you hear that Brexit means making Britain great again. Regaining our world status?

Anyway I think I'm pretty safe in regards my statement that the British empire has followed other lesser empires on it's path to oblivion.

The British empire at one time contained very nearly a quarter of the world's population and a quarter of the earth's total land area. We ruled :

Afghanistan -1919

Antigua and Barbuda

Australia-1901 -1986

The Bahamas-1973

Bahrain-1971

Barbados-1966

Belize-1981

Botswana-1966

Brunei-1984

Canada-1867–1982- in 1949 Newfoundland and Labrador voted to join Canada too.

Cyprus-1960

Dominica-1978

Egypt-1922

Fiji-1970

The Gambia-1965

Ghana-1957

Grenada-1974

Guyana pre 1970

Suriname pre 1667, various territorial disputes

India-1974

Iraq-1932-more of a mandate I believe but nonetheless

Jamaica-1962

Jordan-1946

Kenya-1963

Kiribati-1979

Kuwait-1961

Lesotho-1964

Malawi-1964

Malaysia-1957

Maldives-1965

Malta-1964

Mauritius-1968

Myanmar-still seen by the government as Burma though

Nauru-1968

New Zealand-1907–1986

Nigeria-1960

Pakistan-1947

Qatar-1971

St lucia-1971

Saint Kitts and nevis-1983

St Vincent and the Grenadina lines-1979

Seychelles-1976

Sierra lione-1961

Soliman islands-1978

South Africa-1910–1961

Sri Lanka-1948

Sudan -1956

Swaziland-1968

Tanzania-1961

Tonga-1970

Trinidad and Tobago-1962

Tuvalu-1978

Uganda-1962

United Arab Emirates-1971

United States,or as it was then the thirteen colonies which were New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. -gained independence in 1783 but declared it in 1776

Vanuatu-1980

Yemen-1967

Zambia-1964

Zimbabwe-1980

And now it's a couple of remote islands , Wales and Scotland.

No offence but, what on earth are you blabbering on about?  The British Empire (and indeed the age of Empires) ended long before most of us on here were even born.

Also, are you actually claiming Wales and Scotland are occupied territories of the Empire? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

I totally agree.. I'm in that catagory but I voted remain for the sakes of my children and Grandchildren.. Why should they not be able to have the same privileges that my generation have had by being part of the EU?... Selfish older, little Englanders who can't see further than the end of their xenophobic noses! 

I hope they rot in Hell. 

Wow, such bigotry, such hatred, such stupidity, you surely must have voted for Brex....wait...what was the narrative again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

For me, it's the freedom of movement thing that's the most galling. It's one of the very few pure freedoms we have in life - the absolute right to up sticks and live work in Germany, Italy, Hungary, Denmark... wherever. And the older generation (my parents included) have robbed my kids of that chance and, for me - and i use the word deliberately - imprisoned them career and culture wise in the UK.

Even more galling is the fact that ending FOM won't affect immigration... , swapping generally white, Christian, European immigrants (who leavers don't like) for the sort of immigration most leavers despise beyond belief - non white, non Christian immigration

When I've challenged my parents on this in that they've voted to reduce mine and their grandkids education, career and lifestyle choices .....they retort back with bizarre vagaries....'Boris will sort it out', 'they'll come begging / they need us' 'we won the war' 'it's democracy' etc etc. And I genuinely think their attitude is fairly representative of many (if not most) leavers. It sickens me, tbh

"Imprisoned" lol

Good grief the bed-wetting on here has become absolutely SPECTACULAR! :giggle:

You seriously think that nobody lived, worked or studied in Europe before the EU?  Pull yourself together.

Great to throw in the racist and ignorant card in there too.  Yet you still wonder why you lost.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

"Imprisoned" lol

Good grief the bed-wetting on here has become absolutely SPECTACULAR! :giggle:

You seriously think that nobody lived, worked or studied in Europe before the EU?  Pull yourself together.

Great to throw in the racist and ignorant card in there too.  Yet you still wonder why you lost.

Remain hasn't lost anything!.. 

We're still in the EU if you haven't noticed? 

.. Lots of potential to put a stop to this madness yet!.. 

Leaving now is actually against the will of the people (now all the lies and fairytales are out in the open).. so don't forget as you leavers keep preaching.. The will of the people must be respected. 

25 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

But Sovereignity, innit.

I've reached the point where I've given up trying to hold rational discussions with Brexit voters. It's the same as trying to hold a discussion with strongly religious people. When it's all about "feelings" rather than facts and logic, then it's impossible to have a meaningful conversation.

Likewise, you can’t have a rational conversation with a leaver without snears or over the top accusations. Which is why I’ll avoid the subject unless there is actually any real news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Likewise, you can’t have a rational conversation with a leaver without snears or over the top accusations. Which is why I’ll avoid the subject unless there is actually any real news.

The thing I have realised that people are generally stupid

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Remain hasn't lost anything!.. 

We're still in the EU if you haven't noticed? 

.. Lots of potential to put a stop to this madness yet!.. 

Leaving now is actually against the will of the people (now all the lies and fairytales are out in the open).. so don't forget as you leavers keep preaching.. The will of the people must be respected. 

I am a remainer and would vote that way again given the chance, but you are deluded if you believe that another vote could go either way. Reading your posts you don’t seem to add to any debate, in fact posts similar to yours are probably the reason why no counter views are available on this site anymore.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Buce said:

It was on Sky Sports and it is a direct quote. Even in my decaffeinated state it's clear to me what he said.

Maybe trying reading before you start talking bollox.

Just sticking up for the bloke.He was wound up.To him it was a them telling us what to do situation.Hes been in the game for decades.Of course he doesn’t think the EU have anything to do with on field football rules.I believe him because of what he said on TalkSport on Monday,where it was a bit clearer where he was coming from.

23 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think it would, but it'd be 52-48 or something similar, so best avoided imo. 

Yeah that's the issue, would be a few nasty moments most likely and what would it achieve long term? But I'm not sure what can happen, a lot of damage being done already.

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Oh good god I wonder why I read this thread sometimes.  Still three years later remainers have no clue or even interest in why the majority of the nation wants nothing to do the European Union.  

Yes, enlighten us all.

This will be interesting...... 

17 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Please enlighten us.

12 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Yes, enlighten us all.

This will be interesting...... 

Give him time lads, he doesn't know either. lol

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Oh good god I wonder why I read this thread sometimes.  Still three years later remainers have no clue or even interest in why the majority of the nation wants nothing to do the European Union.  

Its cos they were all thick and racist but since then they've all been to university and decided to not be racist. Amirite??

• Like 2