Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

The Politics Thread 2019

28 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Publicising Operation Yellowhammer ( what a stupid name) before the brexit vote instead of lying about 350 million quid a week into the NHS.

It was but it was just dismissed as ‘Project Fear’. 

A lot of people heard what they wanted to hear and nothing else. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Why? We rightly expected our government to implement the decision which they offered, and to do it effectively.

Funny that no-one who campaigned for Leave has bothered, before or after the vote, to come up with any idea that might, y'know, help the government implement that decision effectively though isn't it...

Just a lot of whinging about how they'd have done everything better without explaining how.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If the EU does blink first it will be due to compassion and care for the British people. 

NOT because the Tories played a blinder in negotiations.

But that's not how it will be portrayed.

It would be like stopping someone from killing themselves because it's the right thing to do even if that person is horrible.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If the EU does blink first it will be due to compassion and care for the British people. 

It would be like stopping someone from killing themselves because it's the right thing to do even if that person is horrible.

Haha haha good one.  Compassion. Right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Funny that no-one who campaigned for Leave has bothered, before or after the vote, to come up with any idea that might, y'know, help the government implement that decision effectively though isn't it...

Just a lot of whinging about how they'd have done everything better without explaining how.

Im not going to waste my time proving this to be utter nonsense, go back to your echo chamber.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Im not going to waste my time proving this to be utter nonsense, go back to your echo chamber.

What echo chamber would that be then?

If you can prove it's utter nonsense then it won't be a waste of your time, will it?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Why? We rightly expected our government to implement the decision which they offered, and to do it effectively.

Spot on, this is the whole point and why our government is such a massive failure. They are the ones who dreamt up the idea in the first place, I never heard anyone who I know say we should leave the eu, or come to it, we should stay in the eu. Being in the eu has not done me any harm  whatsoever, but the point remains that the government asked the people if we should remain or leave the eu, the people decided we should leave, rightly or wrongly, and the government should have had some idea about what to do about the result. They are just clueless morons who do not deserve a vote to bolster their fvckin bloated egos. To be honest, I’d prefer it if parliament was completely desolved  and we were run by the eu, they actually seem to know what they’re doing.

Edited by yorkie1999

The euro politicians are looking at an impending global downturn ...... will they hold their bottle and play the long game (not good for us) or cede to imminent domestic political and economic pressures and rush to take the ‘moral high ground’ as someone referenced a few posts ago to relieve the risk of an obvious drop off in their own GDP courtesy of a no deal. 

On 19/08/2019 at 15:47, Buce said:

Am I the only one who finds Priti Patel's enthusiasm for the 'hostile immigration policy' especially distasteful with her coming from an immigrant family?

Never mind her ‘Stop and Search works’ rhetoric, ignoring everything we know about it’s discriminatory outcomes toward, you know ethnic minority groups.... She’s the new Michael Howard.

11 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Have you been drinking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Well either way you’ve got your excuse in in advance hey.

It's a shame that the exiteers didn't have their plan in advance.