Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I cant see trump not retaliating. He cant lose. He is a winner.

Following the bellicose inflammatory tweets of the weekend, I say this tentatively, but his reaction seems quite circumspect. There is no doubt that the response from Tehran was designed to appease public outrage which is why the Iranian press are immediately reporting casualties whereas there is no confirmation of this, 

The decision to assassinate Soleimani wasn't some rash impulsive act of arbitrary recklessness on behalf of Donald Trump, this goes much deeper and is far more calculated than that. This was a planned objective on behalf of the Pentagon, key military officials and years of intelligence. The fact he gave the order for the air strike conveniently appeals to our  view of his impetuous nature, which is most convenient to the senior advisers and strategists pulling the strings and dangling the Trump puppet on the world's stage, having orchestrated this in the long-term.  

Is the world a safer place without Soleimani? Undoubtedly. Was he a major destabilising influence in the Middle East? Definitely. Does the Iranian government want to go to war with America? Of course not. Will there be further 'officially' sanctioned attacks on US airbases? Probably not.

The concern lies with the imminent response from global state sponsored militia, the threat of international terrorism and once again the innocent bloodshed associated with American hegemony - flexing its muscles as a self-appointed international 'security' force.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know that for the rest of the world, there is more important news... But as we head toward another few days of horror in Oz... i need to post this reminder..... it is NOT arsonists.

From todays Guardian....

....both Donald Trump Jr and Rupert Murdoch’s local News Corp brands have been pushing the “arson emergency” theme to our fires, blaming them on nefarious firebugs. News Corp are citing figures for “arson” arrests that are, politely, 
inconsistent with those released by the police. Again, the Victorian premier has confirmed police information that not a single fire currently raging in this state has been deliberately lit. Yet the arson myth has already been dogging social media commentary for weeks – and a QUT study reported on Tuesday its appearance is no hapless whisper but conforms to the patterns of a coordinated disinformation campaign.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wet Trump said:

A Ukrainian plane has crashed in Tehran, killing all on board apparently.

Sad news. 63 of my fellow canadians and in total 176 of my fellow humans gone. R.I.P thats horrible news for any loved one to deal with today.

• Sad 2

Guest MattP
9 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Sadly the result of electing this unstable "genius." Trillions of tax dollars, thousands of lives gone with one monumentally stupid decision.

Republicans are going to have to own this one. 

As opposed to those who voted for Hillary who I'm sure would be desperate to take responsibility had she won for proxy war we would have ended up in with Russia in Syria.

Seriously get a grip.

35 minutes ago, MattP said:

As opposed to those who voted for Hillary who I'm sure would be desperate to take responsibility had she won for proxy war we would have ended up in with Russia in Syria.

Seriously get a grip.

Hang on. 

Wouldn't we have been better to have let Putin back Assad, a natural western ally, with our tacit approval. Keeps Putin sweet.

Let him and the Russians annihilate Isis. And kept Iran sweet by letting them back Assad. 

In exchange for us allowing that trio to get it on, we broker a deal with Assad, ,Russian and Iran for an autonomous Kurdistan region in. Northern syria....in exchange for the Kurds not claiming Turkish soil, murdering every Isis member on thier patch. In that way,we keep the Kurds and Turks sweet.

Or have I got this all wrong?.... probably!

Guest MattP
8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Hang on. 

Wouldn't we have been better to have let Putin back Assad, a natural western ally, with our tacit approval. Keeps Putin sweet.

Let him and the Russians annihilate Isis. And kept Iran sweet by letting them back Assad. 

In exchange for us allowing that trio to get it on, we broker a deal with Assad, ,Russian and Iran for an autonomous Kurdistan region in. Northern syria....in exchange for the Kurds not claiming Turkish soil, murdering every Isis member on thier patch. In that way,we keep the Kurds and Turks sweet.

Or have I got this all wrong?.... probably!

In theory it may have been right, who knows? I think the problem with that strategy is that the West can't really be seen to be ignoring and then doing deals with genocidal maniacs.

Although getting Turkey or Syria to agree to an independent Kurdish state? Not a chance unfortunately.

Apologies if I dont reply, still on a 5 a day post limit.

57 minutes ago, MattP said:

Seriously get a grip.

First of all, i'm not going to defend Hilary Clinton. If you think I'm some big fan of hers, go back and look at my posts from last year during the democratic primary. So if she did what Trump did, I would be just as critical. 

Second, at some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions. Trump got rid of the Iran war deal. Trump choose to assassinate Solemani. History books are not going to include a section that says "oh, well Hilary would have been just as bad."

Edited by Detroit Blues
accidentally posted before I was done writing.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

In theory it may have been right, who knows? I think the problem with that strategy is that the West can't really be seen to be ignoring and then doing deals with genocidal maniacs.

Although getting Turkey or Syria to agree to an independent Kurdish state? Not a chance unfortunately.

Apologies if I dont reply, still on a 5 a day post limit.

Everyone was pretty bloody happy when Trump was doing a deal with a certain Mr Kim in North Korea.  The reality is that these regimes are only branded "genocidal" when the narrative suits.

This all just looks like a "lets call it quits" move to me.  There was no way that Iran could let it lie as the whole "death to America" was getting way too much traction. They also know that getting into a full scale conflict with the Yanks would be suicide.  instead, lets fire a couple of missiles, at Military targets, cause as little actual meaningful damage (i.e. loss of life) as possible so as not to incur any further attacks from America and Quote the UN Charter demonstrating self defence. This way everyone gets to save face. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, Tommo220 said:

Everyone was pretty bloody happy when Trump was doing a deal with a certain Mr Kim in North Korea.  The reality is that these regimes are only branded "genocidal" when the narrative suits.

I think it's more to do with the fact North Korea were accelerating to the point of being able to wipe out vast parts of the planet rather it just being a different narrative.

If Assad had that sort of capability I doubt there would be much recalcitrance to a deal there.

19 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51012853

Interesting tidbit on how Trump and the US are viewed internationally, as well as other world leaders.

Mr Trump is popular in the African nations surveyed despite his past missteps - including reportedly calling African states "shithole countries".
I know I shouldn’t but lol

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/10/xr-extinction-rebellion-listed-extremist-ideology-police-prevent-scheme-guidance

It says that issues to look out for include people who speak in “strong or emotive terms about environmental issues like climate change, ecology, species extinction, fracking, airport expansion or pollution”.

@leicsmac Might want to watch out :ph34r: