Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
egg_fried_rice

Djene Dakonam

40 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

We look short of height with HM going, so it's a no from me.

Harry Maguire - 1,94M

Filip Benkovic - 1.94M 

• Like 2

If you spend 50m on a centre back, then that player is a nailed on first choice starter and will be for their duration here at the club. Not necessarily a bad thing, but when we've just seen how Soyuncu performed against a team that qualified for the Champions League, blowing that much money on a CB might not be the wisest option. We might already have the perfect Maguire replacement in Soyuncu, he's just a bit young and raw and needs games. Maybe even Benkovic is the answer, but his lack of first team game time suggests otherwise.

So instead bringing in a player like Djene for 20-25m so we have cover for injuries, but can still also give opportunities to our current players seems like an appealing idea too. He looks pretty good in the clips in the video, there are a few good tackles on Messi!

I can see the argument either way.

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If you spend 50m on a centre back, then that player is a nailed on first choice starter and will be for their duration here at the club. Not necessarily a bad thing, but when we've just seen how Soyuncu performed against a team that qualified for the Champions League, blowing that much money on a CB might not be the wisest option. We might already have the perfect Maguire replacement in Soyuncu, he's just a bit young and raw and needs games. Maybe even Benkovic is the answer, but his lack of first team game time suggests otherwise.

So instead bringing in a player like Djene for 20-25m so we have cover for injuries, but can still also give opportunities to our current players seems like an appealing idea too. He looks pretty good in the clips in the video, there are a few good tackles on Messi!

I can see the argument either way.

Mike van der Hoorn and Joe Rodon also looked comfortable in Swansea 2-1 win, are they suitable for the step up?

20 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Mike van der Hoorn and Joe Rodon also looked comfortable in Swansea 2-1 win, are they suitable for the step up?

Who knows maybe they are? Haven't seen them enough. That fixture was only Atalanta's second preseason friendly and their first of their UK tour. Swansea's season started today, whereas Atalanta's starts on the 25th August. I doubt Atalanta were anything like as up to speed fitness wise as their opponent's on the day.

Caglar Soyuncu has:

- Played two seasons in the Bundesliga.

- 24 caps for Turkey.

- Premier League experience.

- Has spent the last season training every day against a Premier League striker in Jamie Vardy.

Does that make him ready to step-up? I don't know, I don't see him in training every day. But he might well be, hence why a cheaper CB option might be the route the club go down, and hence why the argument can surely be made either way. Signing Tarkowski, Dunk or Ake, also has it's merits!

Edited by StriderHiryu

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Who knows maybe they are? Haven't seen them enough. That fixture was only Atalanta's second preseason friendly and their first of their UK tour. Swansea's season started today, whereas Atalanta's starts on the 25th August. I doubt Atalanta were anything like as up to speed fitness wise as their opponent's on the day.

Caglar Soyuncu has:

- Played two seasons in the Bundesliga.

- 24 caps for Turkey.

- Premier League experience.

- Has spent the last season training every day against a Premier League striker in Jamie Vardy.

Does that make him ready to step-up? I don't know, I don't see him in training every day. But he might well be, hence why a cheaper CB option might be the route the club go down, and hence why the argument can surely be made either way. Signing Tarkowski, Dunk or Ake, also has it's merits!

5 days difference, point being wouldn't read too much into how a pre season friendly went

8 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Harry Maguire - 1,94M

Filip Benkovic - 1.94M 

I might not have seen Benko play but I was aware. Still dont want a 5'10" centre back.

I'm about as keen on CB's below 6ft as you are on CB's that can't run very well. :D The rest of our team is quite diddy, and I'm worried we might get targeted.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Because he’s African?

Do not understand.  Nothing to do with him being African.  He has no Premier League experience- so a risk, possibly a greater risk than what we have? Any better than Amatey - God knows until we see him play in a Leicester shirt.  Another Molle Wague type signing?  He is cheap, I give you that but personally not confident this is a solution.

• Like 1

Interesting tidbit - made it into the WhoScored team of the season for 17//18 in La Liga, where he kept some pretty good company. 

DduqwODVQAAXAsn.jpg

Last season, Getafe had the joint second best defensive record alongside Valencia, conceding 35. Atletico Madrid had the best defense conceding only 29. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

On 04/08/2019 at 01:53, Vardinio'sCat said:

I might not have seen Benko play but I was aware. Still dont want a 5'10" centre back.

I'm about as keen on CB's below 6ft as you are on CB's that can't run very well. :D The rest of our team is quite diddy, and I'm worried we might get targeted.

Perhaps we could loan out a few to Nottyash Athletic. 

• Haha 1

I like the look of this lad. Very athletic and looks very comfortable on the ball. For the prices being quoted I think he'd be a good option.

Not sure I get the comparisons with Wague above; one was a bench player at a bottom half Serie A side, and the other is a key figure in a team that finished 5th in La Liga.

7 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Do not understand.  Nothing to do with him being African.  He has no Prem6ier League experience- so a risk, possibly a greater risk than what we have? Any better than Amatey - God knows until we see him play in a Leicester shirt.  Another Molle Wague type signing?  He is cheap, I give you that but personally not confident this is a solution.

Maddision never had prem experience