Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Cujek

First manager sacked?

Guest Cujek
7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

I expect OGS to be gone by the 1st of Nov.

Haha that would be awesome. 

I wonder who they would get to replace him? 

Beckham? Rooney?

Hell Phil Jones as player manager is worth a shout! 

19 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Someone getting sacked thread for a bit of fun, I find a rather disturbing example of society, that being said, i'll give potter a shout.

Oh it's all pretty innocent really.

Let's face it we could all be up to much worse online. If you want disturbing examples of society the interweb is just about the only place to be :jawdrop:.

And Potter is good shout. Over achieved the last few years under Houghton imo.

Edited by swanlee

I'm wondering will any Prem. manager be sacked this season actually - very hard to call!

It won't be Brendan (I hope)!!! Other red herrings such as Steve Bruce will cost money to rid and Ashley isn't known for being 'trigger happy' to be fair. The trio of promoted managers will probably just have a blueprint to finish 17th (with anything higher being a bonus), although Dean Smith will have the most pressure from the trio due to expenditure (a la Fulham last season). If anything he could be the first to go from that trio if things aren't going well. I suppose the likes of Hodgson, Dyche and Howe are all doing as well as they can with middling resources.....while I'd bracket Pocchetino, Silva and our Brendan all in the above average Prem. managers bracket..... 

Therefore for me the more obvious ones from this outset were likely to be Lampard and Solskjaer : both unproven over an entire season at this level, especially at their particular tiers in the Prem. However I've narrowed it down to Lampard, being that Maguire has since been poached from us :-((((

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Ole :fc:

The only issue I see is Man Utd won't want to be seen as the first club to sack their manager this season, but hopefully it's so bad (And I don't think it's unreasonable to think it will be) that they are forced to be the first to make a move, he will be gone at some point in the coming season, replaced by Poch who really doesn't seem happy at all at Tottenham.

I think it will be Ole, but I'm not sure I want it to be.

If he is sacked early on, then they might replace him with someone decent (probably accidentally) and they could recover in time to finish the season alright. I'm hoping he will keep them on the line of 'just not quite shit enough to sack him' for a while.

In a perfect world, they would tank as hard as possible, sack OGS, and then somehow replace him with someone even worse. I can dream.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Really surprised at the people mentioning Potter, he would be near the bottom of my list for this.

Yeah same here - why would Brighton suddenly change their tact? They kept Hughton in charge for the season despite awful form. 

There's a good argument to say Potter is one of the best British managers full stop - you'd don't take some unknown Swedish team to Europa League knockouts or keep Swansea in their asset stripping state at the moment functional without being decent. 

8 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Surprised at the number of people suggested OGS will be first to go.

From what I can see, he's addressing a lot of the underlying issues at United and is developing a formula for success - with the Maguire being a significant part of that. 

What can you see? I've not been following any closer than seeing who they sign and sell. He seems well out of his depth to me. Do you think he might turn out to be decent?

41 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

What can you see? I've not been following any closer than seeing who they sign and sell. He seems well out of his depth to me. Do you think he might turn out to be decent?

I think he’s got a good coaching setup around him in Phelan and Carrick.

He’s got a clear direction on the way he wants the side to play - and more importantly who will play and where.

The transfer business done so far makes sense - keeping Pogba also seems likely and I regard that as a plus*.

And they have some promising youngsters providing a freshness in the squad - so I think the battle between United, Arsenal and Chelsea will be close this year.

*Despite having an incredibly sulky season last term, Pogba’s figures still look decent - he’s still a talent when in a mood, so imagine what he’d be like if you can get him to fully put it in!

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I think he’s got a good coaching setup around him in Phelan and Carrick.

He’s got a clear direction on the way he wants the side to play - and more importantly who will play and where.

The transfer business done so far makes sense - keeping Pogba also seems likely and I regard that as a plus*.

And they have some promising youngsters providing a freshness in the squad - so I think the battle between United, Arsenal and Chelsea will be close this year.

*Despite having an incredibly sulky season last term, Pogba’s figures still look decent - he’s still a talent when in a mood, so imagine what he’d be like if you can get him to fully put it in!

I really think they could struggle. As far as I'm aware, not all that much has changed since the back end of last season when they were dropping like a stone.

Maguire, as we know, is a good player, but I'm not sure if he's what they need. He's not a leader, which is what they're missing, and his pace means he's not ideal for playing a high line. He's under such immense pressure, not just to perform, but also to fix the club's leaky defence, with nowhere to hide. I wish him well, but I hope he realises what he's got himself in for.

Pogba's an extremely talented player, no doubt, but if anything, I think he'll be even more sulky this season. It's clearer than ever that he doesn't want to be there.

I'm going to predict that one of Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea is going to have a shocker of a season and finish around 10th.

United will struggle to match up to the likes of City and Liverpool - but they’ll be sufficient flat track bullies against the rest to rack up the required points for a champions league birth. 

I think Chelsea will probably be capable of the same.

The question mark out of the three for me would be Arsenal.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

On 06/08/2019 at 00:28, Dave Fishwick said:

quite a lazy opinion to say Potter imo, basically saying "I've never heard of him, so him"

they did their homework on him and would probably even give him a shout at bringing them back up if they went down

meh ...I think Potter is a fair shout tbh. 15th two seasons ago, 17th last season just gone. First season the cohesiveness of the team that got them promoted had a lot to do with the relative success they had. Last season that cohesiveness waned and none of Houghton's newer signing made any kind of impact. And I can't see many of them kicking on this season. And if you look at who've they signed this window - then pretty underwhelming. You never know there maybe some gems amoung the new faces but they need em' to shine quickly. They can't have another season relying on 15 odd goals from their 64 year old journeyman striker Glenn Murray. 

Houghton as well I think is massively underrated as a manager - he's done a terrific job at B&H over the years and other teams he has left have dipped in form once he's gone. So Potters got a job on - and as a more 'established' Premier League team, he'll have more expectation & pressure on him that the other new managers in this league.      

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, swanlee said:

meh ...I think Potter is a fair shout tbh. 15th two seasons ago, 17th last season just gone. First season the cohesiveness of the team that got them promoted had a lot to do with the relative success they had. Last season that cohesiveness waned and none of Houghton's newer signing made any kind of impact. And I can't see many of them kicking on this season. And if you look at who've they signed this window - then pretty underwhelming. You never know there maybe some gems amoung the new faces but they need em' to shine quickly. They can't have another season relying on 15 odd goals from their 64 year old journeyman striker Glenn Murray. 

Houghton as well I think is massively underrated as a manager - he's done a terrific job at B&H over the years and other teams he has left have dipped in form once he's gone. So Potters got a job on - and as a more 'established' Premier League team, he'll have more expectation & pressure on him that the other new managers in this league.      

Hughton :thumbup: