Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Cujek

First manager sacked?

Guest Cujek
8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nailed on Steve Bruce I’d imagine?

Ashley will have to pay him a fortune to sack him mid season, so i doubt that will happen unless they are rock bottom with very few points or goals.

i can see Newcastle being better than the worst 3 in the league.

as i have said before, i really think OGS will be under a lot of pressure as will the guy at Villa after spunking over 100 mil on pretty average players with no prem experience.

I dont think Spurs will sack Potch, but i can see him leaving for man utd if OGS is sacked early on.

18 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Ashley will have to pay him a fortune to sack him mid season, so i doubt that will happen unless they are rock bottom with very few points or goals.

i can see Newcastle being better than the worst 3 in the league.

as i have said before, i really think OGS will be under a lot of pressure as will the guy at Villa after spunking over 100 mil on pretty average players with no prem experience.

I dont think Spurs will sack Potch, but i can see him leaving for man utd if OGS is sacked early on.

Agree with OGS - nailed on if they are not gelling by December.

It's a tussle between Villa Bloke and Brighton Bloke for me.

I still maintain that Villa's signings have been decent if unremarkable, as compared to the journeyman mercenaries Fulham brought in last year, but the sheer volume is ridiculous. You may as well flip a coin at this point to see if the squad actually clicks or not. Dean Smith is either going to be lauded as a genius come season's end or gone by November with a £100 million + hole blown in the club's finances and the squad in tatters.

I've yet to see anything to convince me Brighton won't struggle again. If they do get Mooy over the line today, perhaps they'll stay up by the skin of their teeth with the bite he'll bring to their midfield, but there really isn't anything there to tell me they're going to pull up any trees this year. Admittedly, they've potentially added the goals they were missing by signing Maupay, but if he doesn't click they're stuffed.

And yes, I had to google it again to remind myself who their manager was now, since the club is so anonymous that Hughton leaving completely passed me by. :dunno:

Edited by OntarioFox

Guest Cujek
33 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Agree with OGS - nailed on if they are not gelling by December.

I cant understand the man utd owners employing him on a permanent basis, i got the caretaker thing, but to give a guy whose only experience in management was one of the worst premier league teams of all time and his home town club in Norway, one of the biggest jobs in football is bizarre.

They are now pinning all their hopes  on a 17 year old striker and Marcus Rashford in attack, a volatile Paul Pogba, sho dont want to be there and a new signing at centre back with a huge 80million quid weight on his neck. its a recipe for disaster.

though i could be totally wrong and they will boss the league with OGS' master tactics.

For me there's only one strong candidate – Dean Smith at Villa. 

Not because he is a bad manager, not at all. Did a good job at Brentford and then Villa. 

It's just that they've brought in, what is it now, 12 players for £110m?

They are clearly desperate to stay up after that investment and will get jittery very, very soon if things don't get off to a decent start. 

Also, bringing in an entire team worth of players doesn't exactly scream out "we believe in you" in relation to the players who got them promoted, so replacing the gaffer would probably be considered as one small detail... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

For me there's only one strong candidate – Dean Smith at Villa. 

Not because he is a bad manager, not at all. Did a good job at Brentford and then Villa. 

It's just that they've brought in, what is it now, 12 players for £110m?

They are clearly desperate to stay up after that investment and will get jittery very, very soon if things don't get off to a decent start. 

Also, bringing in an entire team worth of players doesn't exactly scream out "we believe in you" in relation to the players who got them promoted, so replacing the gaffer would probably be considered as one small detail... 

I have to admit I like Villas signings and think they could end up mid-table and the best of the promoted lot.They already have their own Maddison and a player destined to play for a bigger club by way of Grealish and McGinn looks very good in central midfield. Many of their deals are players who had been on loan on English based with prem experience. El Ghazi looked at handful last season and Mings looked accomplished so they are two good loan signings converted to permanent deals. Tom Heaton in goal looks like a very shrewd deal whilst Matt Targett was a regular for England u-21s and is still young at 23. Another younger lad in Douglas Luiz looks like good business as he has been at Man City so should understand England and the Premier League and the same can be said for Hause. Add a couple of Championship players and a few from abroad and you have to say their signings have been less risky than say someone like Fulham s last season.

Back on topic, Id put my money on Dyche at 33s with Ladbrokes would get my money. Im hoping this will be the season they are relegated and not seen again for a while.

• Like 1

Guest Cujek
57 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

. Another younger lad in Douglas Luiz looks like good business as he has been at Man City so should understand England and the Premier League

Not so sure about this one....

Edited by Cujek

4 hours ago, Cujek said:

I cant understand the man utd owners employing him on a permanent basis, i got the caretaker thing, but to give a guy whose only experience in management was one of the worst premier league teams of all time and his home town club in Norway, one of the biggest jobs in football is bizarre.

They are now pinning all their hopes  on a 17 year old striker and Marcus Rashford in attack, a volatile Paul Pogba, sho dont want to be there and a new signing at centre back with a huge 80million quid weight on his neck. its a recipe for disaster.

though i could be totally wrong and they will boss the league with OGS' master tactics.

Manutd..nailed on 3rd..new era starts

OGS.....keeps his job..!!

Really don't see Bruce getting fired early, Ashley usually lets things slide for a long time before wielding the axe. McClaren, despite being utterly hopeless, lasted well into the new year.

Depends if Pogturd decides to play or just saunter and stir shit. If their big players step up it won’t be OGS first. If they don’t it likely will be. 

Bruce is also an option tbf, along with Hodgson if Palace implode. 

They are my too 3 for the bullet. 

Guest Cujek
12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Manutd..nailed on 3rd..new era starts

OGS.....keeps his job..!!

you heard it here first or..

Der fisch stinkt vom Kopf her.

So many people calling Ole to go first. I think he'll be here until the end of the season at least. I don't think any of the Top 6 managers are under threat.

Silva, Pellegrini and Smith will be under pressure to deliver.

I really can't call it. Hodgson maybe, but he has a lot of credit in the bank. Bruce, doubt it unless Newcastle are atrocious in the first 10-15 games.

If I have to pick one, Hodgson. But football is a funny game and as soon as one team is in the doghouse, not performing, the manager will be under pressure. Here's to a good season and I hope no manager gets sacked!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cujek
1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Saw this thread had been bumped I thought someone was suggesting Rodgers lollollol

If he keeps playing this formation... 

Maddison - so wasteful with his decision making. He is so far from Mahrez. Mahrez would have played in Vardy in each of those two glorious opportunities!

Barnes on please!!

Also Ndidi off for Albrighton.  I think Hamza is doing much more than Ndidi this game so I would keep Hamza on.

43 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Maddison - so wasteful with his decision making. He is so far from Mahrez. Mahrez would have played in Vardy in each of those two glorious opportunities!

Barnes on please!!

Also Ndidi off for Albrighton.  I think Hamza is doing much more than Ndidi this game so I would keep Hamza on.

Wrong thread ...