Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Cujek

First manager sacked?

OGS, I reckon. I'll say he'll be gone by November. If Man Utd start the season anything like they finished last season, then they'll have an uphill battle trying to save their season before long. Solskjaer is so far out of his depth, it's unreal.

Lampard will be alright. Expectations aren't as high as normal, and I think he'll be given plenty of leeway.

Bruce is a contender, but Ashley will be happy to scrape 17th, so will probably wait til at least xmas before getting rid.

Potter is by far the most vulnerable manager this season. A bad start and he will be gone by October. Hodgson is second for me as Palace look awful. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Hansenhutl on a short leash if Southampton have a bad start too. Think all the newly promoted sides will sit with their managers until at least Xmas. OGS will probably survive to the end of the season and then be gone as there are rarely top quality managers available during a season. Our getting Brendan during the season was a total master stroke!!

OGS, spending a fortune on players, bringing them into a dressing room that most probably is still carrying the same problems that has seen a few gone since Fergies time ended and a fan base that  thinks they should be top just because.

On 01/08/2019 at 22:59, Cujek said:

Bit early I know but a bit of fun. 

I predict OGS gone by Xmas. 

Maybe the Villa guy after spunkin 100 mil on trash to go second. 

I expect OGS to be gone by the 1st of Nov.

• Like 1

Hodgson is not a young man, if Zaha goes I can see them being very ordinary however well he organizes them and he'll appear more and more weary as each most match interview arrives, I think with his status and situation though  it won't be a sacking but announced as a mutual agreement ie he'll offer to wesign, sorry, resign.

Bruce will get tons of abuse if results are poor but I think he'll last until December. If there was to be a buy out of the club it could be sooner but who else would they get under the current way they're run?

if Sheff Utd are rock bottom in Jan and Cardiff are way off the playoffs I can see Warncok being sought for a bit of short term desperation.

Ole :fc:

The only issue I see is Man Utd won't want to be seen as the first club to sack their manager this season, but hopefully it's so bad (And I don't think it's unreasonable to think it will be) that they are forced to be the first to make a move, he will be gone at some point in the coming season, replaced by Poch who really doesn't seem happy at all at Tottenham.

Edited by Matt

I think, with the exception of villa who have spent a fortune, the promoted teams will stick with what they have. OGS could be used details pressure if utd don't get off to a flyer but I wouldn't be surprised if a supposed middle order side such as West ham or Everton struggle that could be where the first casualty comes from