Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Brendan you have £80m to spend before transfer deadline

Imagine if Top says to Brendan - ' You agreed to become our Manager because we sold you our vision for making a substantial push in the Premier League towards the top four. This would necessitate a significant investment in our team. In keeping with our promise, the £80m we have just received for Harry is all your's to spend before transfer deadline day. We want a marquee signing to show that we mean business.Over to you Brendan'.

If you were Brendan, who would you splash the cash on, taking into account Top's requirement for this to be a 'marquee' signing that would smash our transfer record.

Marquee signing isn't always what a club needs; id rather sign lower key players, just as talented but without the ego and media circus to follow.

I'd look at signing a player like Fraser or Suso, attacking wingers who could add an extra dimension to our team. I'd then push to reinforce our centre midfield roles with a player, Suso would also fill this role. 

• Like 4

Just now, 49er said:

How about a return for Riyad - it's a 'yes' from me

A no from me, he was a great player for us.

But he agitated way too much for a move, a move that is still working for him.

what stops him doing the exact same again.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Tell Rudkin to walk into Bournemouth's training ground with a very big briefcase with £70m in it and tell them we're taking Fraser and Ake. Job done. 

Why Ake? He's in a shocking defence and we're going to be short of height at the back. Surely that would be madness?

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Why Ake? He's in a shocking defence and we're going to be short of height at the back. Surely that would be madness?

I like Ake. We already have a song ready forhim.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

A no from me, he was a great player for us.

But he agitated way too much for a move, a move that is still working for him.

what stops him doing the exact same again.

To be fair to Riyad, he wasted two years of his career during a period where we woefully under performed

6 minutes ago, 49er said:

How about Saul (the guy who scored against us for Athletico Madrid in the Champions League) - only problem is that we would then be overloaded with midfielders

170px-Chelsea_1_Atletico_Madrid_1_%28Sa%C3%BAl_%C3%91%C3%ADguez%29.jpg

Are you serious lollol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Hakim Ziyech!

Great player and would be delighted if he did sign (pretty unlikely) , but think I'd prefer us to go for a more direct winger with pace. 

We already have both Maddison and Tielemans who can play the slide rule passes like Ziyech can. Someone with a bit of running power with a threat in behind might mesh better with the way our team is put together. 

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

In my opinion he's the next best defender outside the top 6 after Maguire. He is on the shorter side but theres a bit more to heading than just height. He's quick and surprisingly strong for his build and the numbers don't lie, he gets about... 

20190803_214329.thumb.jpg.695ea291e82b68249a5f2d8ba20d94c2.jpg

I think he's a very good defender in a very poor Bournemouth defense. Stick him next to Evans with Chilwell and Pereira, he'd boss it. 

Screenshot_20190803-214736_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3c53c797186ec31bd64199a1335e230d.jpg

There's a lot here but I think the key one to pick out is 0 errors leading to goals. Even Van Dijk has one of them and he's ment to be the best defender in the world! It doesn't matter how good you are, no one can be a one man defense.