Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Brendan you have £80m to spend before transfer deadline

1 hour ago, 49er said:

I'm not quite sure you understand the theme of this thread. If we were buying someone for £80m who falls into this category, recognising, of course, they may not want to come here etc

yeah maybe  i’m just a  bit boring but thought there’d be a bit of realism involved..

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Dafuq is wrong with people in this thread? It's a hypothetical scenario you realistic miserable beggars lighten up.

I was wondering when someone was going to point this out ffs.

I'd spend it on Pele.

8 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think most of the names in here are a bit far-fetched even for that.

Dani Olmo is a name that's popped up loads here, I doubt there's many that watch the Croatian league, he's largely FM hype. 

Lozano and Suso are both fairly tidy players but again, a lot of their hype is computer games - the last couple years they've been like FIFA version of FM legends. 

Actually you can throw Thauvin in to that category a little. You can generally spot the FIFA/FM names straight away when they crop up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Wonder if we can tempt Bournemouth to give us Fraser and Ake in exchange for £40m, Gray and a season long loan for soyuncu/benkovic? 

Considering they would probably want about £80m/£90m for the pair of them, probably not lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, 49er said:

Go to the top of this thread and see what Top has told Brendan, so that you will then have the context for these discussions

But it’s pointless...we may as well suggest chucking a cheeky £30m bid in for Ronaldo if we’re not applying real constraints to our situation (not in Europe, can’t pay £300k a week etc.) 

Fantasy. 

6 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

But it’s pointless...we may as well suggest chucking a cheeky £30m bid in for Ronaldo if we’re not applying real constraints to our situation (not in Europe, can’t pay £300k a week etc.) 

Fantasy. 

Erm, not quite in the spirit of this thread. Suggest a signing in the £80m category that would be a real statement of intent by the club. Let's not forget that people will be reading news of Maguire's record transfer to Man Utd and will be thinking 'Leicester must be some side to have a player worth that much. Didn't they win the Premier League not so long ago? Isn't Vardy still there - will get you 20 goals in the Premier League a season if he gets the right service. They've now recruited Brendan Rodgers who almost won the PL with Liverpool a few seasons ago. After three years of failure/mediocrity following their title win,maybe they are ready to make a real go at getting into the Top 4'

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think this thread should be moved to main forum as it's a bit misleading. Thought for a moment that £80m was actually being given! 

Best way of attracting people's attention:D

I hope we don’t just splash the cash for the sake of revealing a “marquee” signing. It’s never worked for us. 

Our smartest buys have always been the ones who come in under the radar of other clubs. 

Ndidi to replace Kante for example. Even Youri coming in on loan first time around to effectively replace the creativity of Mahrez. 

The profit from this deal, used wisely could really propel us as a club. This is summer 2016 again, in that we have a real opportunity to take this football club to another level. If that means we pocket the money till January or even next summer, so be it - I don’t want to look back in a few season thinking what a missed opportunity. 

33 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I hope we don’t just splash the cash for the sake of revealing a “marquee” signing. It’s never worked for us. 

Our smartest buys have always been the ones who come in under the radar of other clubs. 

Ndidi to replace Kante for example. Even Youri coming in on loan first time around to effectively replace the creativity of Mahrez. 

The profit from this deal, used wisely could really propel us as a club. This is summer 2016 again, in that we have a real opportunity to take this football club to another level. If that means we pocket the money till January or even next summer, so be it - I don’t want to look back in a few season thinking what a missed opportunity. 

Slimani, Musa, Kaputska?