Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

How Many Signings Will We Make Today?

How many signings will we make today?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. How many signings will we make today?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/19 at 16:08

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

We have 5 players on our books who have full international caps playing at CB, 6 if you count Fuchs who has filled in there. We also have more than a couple of young players who could fill in alongside an experienced player. Not sure why the freak out about not replacing Harry - We did it last season!

Agree with this completely. Would rather wait at least until January than blow a load of money on an overpriced centre back we're not even sure we need! 

1 minute ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Agree with this completely. Would rather wait at least until January than blow a load of money on an overpriced centre back we're not even sure we need! 

This is mid table talk.   I doesn't matter what we 'blow' on them ...   as a statement and to realistically show we are going for it we should have replaced with the best we can get.   If we wanted (say) Tarkowski we should factor his price into the Maguire fee and got him ...  they want 50m we want a net of 40m, we sell him for 90m ...  they want 60m we sell for 100m ...  or no deal !   It's just business !

I promise I won't mention this again but it does my head in ...    we are currently much much weaker in that area ! ..   

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I agree ...   he will eventually ...   but we need cover NOW if anything happens to Evans ...   Wes and Benko are not the answer.    HM has left a big hole and we had the opportunity to instantly fill it with someone almost as good.   It's just maths ..  get enough to cover what ever it takes to get that replacement at whatever price is being asked.     

Panic buy?  I thought Soyuncu looked pretty adequate against Atalanta.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

This is mid table talk.   I doesn't matter what we 'blow' on them ...   as a statement and to realistically show we are going for it we should have replaced with the best we can get.   If we wanted (say) Tarkowski we should factor his price into the Maguire fee and got him ...  they want 50m we want a net of 40m, we sell him for 90m ...  they want 60m we sell for 100m ...  or no deal !   It's just business !

I promise I won't mention this again but it does my head in ...    we are currently much much weaker in that area ! ..   

It's not mid table talk, it's just basic financial sense. I don't want us to panic and grab the 2019 equivalent of Matt Mills on deadline day when that money could be better put to use in other areas. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Panic buy?  I thought Soyuncu looked pretty adequate against Atalanta.

I think Soyuncu will be able to make the step up, and we will be absolutely fine with an Evans/Soyuncu pairing. People forget, Maguire really wasn't that great last year so Soyuncu could easily do a job for us. 

The bigger concern is, Evans. Can he stay fit all season and if not, we really have to hope Benkovic alongside Soyuncu will be strong enough pairing for this top 6 push! It's a risk we don't really need to take, as we've had enough time to get another CB in, even if on loan. 

Hopefully Evans can stay fit and Benkovic really is as good as Celtic fans suggest. The fact that Brendan said we had a load of targets lined up if HM did go though, makes me thinks this is more of a case of not being able to get deals done, than being happy with what we have. 

• Like 2

Just now, Beechey said:

Yep. I think this is the reality now. I've loved all the hype from some posters on here, but it just doesn't add up with what we are seeing in terms of new rumours or leaks, which is almost unavoidable this close to the window ending. 

We go as we are, and that means players like Soyuncu, Benkovic, Barnes, Iheanacho and Gray etc all need to step up this season if we are to have hopes of breaking that top 6. They are capable but it's a big ask of course. Rodgers is someone who is known to get the best out of players though, so still lots to be excited about! 

• Like 1

Just now, PaulW said:

I guess Brendan was hardly going to say, 'I don't know what we'll do if herry leaves'!

Tbh, he could easily have said we have some great CB's already at the club but we will keep our options open. He made it quite clear that targets had been identified and those would be moved forward with now the HM deal was done. 

Sounds like we looked into players like Ake and Tarkowski but immediately had a rethink once we got the figures back. 

Hopefully Soyuncu really impressed him in training and Benkovic he obviously knows well, with Wes a solid 4th choice if needed. 

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

This shows you that the storm has unfortunately missed us 

Hope this doesn't frustrate Rodgers too much if true. If he was banking on 2-3 deals being done, this would be far from ideal for him. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Hope this doesn't frustrate Rodgers too much if true. If he was banking on 2-3 deals being done, this would be far from ideal for him. 

i think he'll be involved enough to know what is happening with the players trying to be brought in, he'll understand that we are/have tried to get things done.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Like Radio Leicester would know anything...……..

this could also be true, the club might be keeping everything in house until it done as not to get the fans hopes up. we just wont know in truth until 5pm.