Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

How Many Signings Will We Make Today?

How many signings will we make today?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. How many signings will we make today?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/19 at 16:08

Just now, buzzer_b said:

So where is this hurricane/storm we are waiting for today?

Just you wait until the window closes, shit storm guaranteed :thumbup:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

This is mid table talk.   I doesn't matter what we 'blow' on them ...   as a statement and to realistically show we are going for it we should have replaced with the best we can get.   If we wanted (say) Tarkowski we should factor his price into the Maguire fee and got him ...  they want 50m we want a net of 40m, we sell him for 90m ...  they want 60m we sell for 100m ...  or no deal !   It's just business !

I promise I won't mention this again but it does my head in ...    we are currently much much weaker in that area ! ..   

Tarkowski is unlikely to be the difference of us finishing top six or not.

I'm more than happy to go with Soyuncu and Benkovic putting pressure on for a first team spot and Morgan if there is a crisis.

It's not like Soyuncu is a highly rated 17yo from the academy. We can assess the situation in January if the players we have aren't up to scratch. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

Still think we are waiting for the domino effect, seems a lot of other Prem clubs are trying to do business today

denial

noun
de·ni·al | \ di-ˈnī(-ə)l  , dē-\

Definition of denial

1: refusal to satisfy a request or desirethe denial of privileges
2a(1): refusal to admit the truth or reality of something
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm more than happy to go with Soyuncu and Benkovic putting pressure on for a first team spot and Morgan if there is a crisis.

It's not like Soyuncu is a highly rated 17yo from the academy. We can assess the situation in January if the players we have aren't up to scratch. 

Totally agree.   We are fine with what we have at present.   

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Spot on.

I am hoping that this time next year, we have seen Soyuncu and Benkovic form a formidable partnership. It is unlikely should that happen, that either would be allowed to leave next year.

Plenty of reasons to be positive I feel.

Can see the reason for another CB, numbers/backup, etc - but we must utilise high potential players to fullfil their potential, else they are just a waste of money.

Also, as much as a fancy dan winger might seem a good idea, it depends if they fit into the tactical plans - I don't believe they would

:scarf:

• Like 2

Yet again those saying we'll be just fine with Soyuncu and Benkovic, where's the evidence to back this up?

Fail to get a CB then we're going into the season relying on two inexperienced CB's, one of which has zero Premier League experience and probably isn't fully fit yet, the other played about six Premier League games last season and he was crap in about half of them. The other week Soyuncu got bullied by a League 2 striker, watching his performance in that game especially didn't really fill me with confidence.

The performances of Soyuncu and Benkovic will determine whether we fight for top six or not, I hope to god they turn into two defensive beasts, if not then I expect to see us languishing mid table.

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Yet again those saying we'll be just fine with Soyuncu and Benkovic, where's the evidence to back this up?

Fail to get a CB then we're going into the season relying on two inexperienced CB's, one of which has zero Premier League experience and probably isn't fully fit yet, the other played about six Premier League games last season and he was crap in about half of them. The other week Soyuncu got bullied by a League 2 striker, watching his performance in that game especially didn't really fill me with confidence.

The performances of Soyuncu and Benkovic will determine whether we fight for top six or not, I hope to god they turn into two defensive beasts, if not then I expect to see us languishing mid table.

You could also argue, where is the evidence they won't? Both came extremely highly rated. Benkovic was getting rave reviews for Celtic and Soyuncu has done well when played apart from the odd moment that even Evans and Maguire had last season.

Again, Maguire really wasn't the great last season, so they really aren't as big shoes to fill as some think. 

I would have liked another CB on loan to play it safe, but sometimes we just have to back our talented young players. It certainly hasn't done us any harm recently with the likes of Chilwell, Barnes, Maddison and Choudary! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I'm more worried about the lack of depth in attack... Don't have enough game changers on the bench.

Just now, Gav_LCFC14 said:

I still think we're going to regret not going after a new No.9, one injury to Vardy which could side line him for a while leaves us with Nacho and Slim. Both are no where near the reliability as Vardy. 

And Perez