Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

How Many Signings Will We Make Today?

How many signings will we make today?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. How many signings will we make today?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/19 at 16:08

Looking like just the one with Praet now, although I do believe Ashley and co. that we are indeed looking at other players. I am just not sure how we could possibly get a big transfer or two over the line in just 6 hours, especially if the player is from abroad. I imagine a player from another Premier League club is the more likely option now, but even that seems to be looking more unlikely and perhaps a loan is what we are looking at. Honestly thought we would have been in for 2/3 players once the HM deal went through.

We still have an exciting line-up and no doubt will be top half and trying to push the top 6, but think we are missing a big opportunity if we don't sign a top winger! CB and Striker would have also have been amazing but hopefully Evans can stay fit and Soyuncu really steps up, as well as Vardy playing every game! Big ask, but is what will be needed if we go as we are. 

9 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

*checks to see if @LinekersApples has voted... 

Respectfully, I imagine by his own admission even he'd be guessing. 

As he's said, there's a certain amount that's reactive to the market on the day, nothing is definite. 

If Paulo Dybala wanders in to Belvoir Drive this afternoon and offers his services for free because we're league winners and spurs aren't, we're not going to say no. 

But whilst we've very obviously and very openly pursued Praet, there doesn't seem to be the same level of planning that's gone in to any other ongoing transfer. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Can't wrap my head round the CB bit ...   surely if we lose HM we have someone else in mind who, if we really have top 6 aspirations, can fill the gap and be quite close to him in ability.  Whether thats Ake or Tarkowski for example, then we go and get them.  Doesn't matter what we pay them as we find out that figure and make sure we get enough in the HM deal to cover it ...   or HM doesn't go.   If we are 10m short on what we have offered for Tark then we should have sold Harry for 10m more than we did.   :mellow:

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Can't wrap my head round the CB bit ...   surely if we lose HM we have someone else in mind who, if we really have top 6 aspirations, can fill the gap and be quite close to him in ability.  Whether thats Ake or Tarkowski for example, then we go and get them.  Doesn't matter what we pay them as we find out that figure and make sure we get enough in the HM deal to cover it ...   or HM doesn't go.   If we are 10m short on what we have offered for Tark then we should have sold Harry for 10m more than we did.   :mellow:

Soyuncu will prove to be a great replacement.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulW said:

Soyuncu will prove to be a great replacement.

I agree ...   he will eventually ...   but we need cover NOW if anything happens to Evans ...   Wes and Benko are not the answer.    HM has left a big hole and we had the opportunity to instantly fill it with someone almost as good.   It's just maths ..  get enough to cover what ever it takes to get that replacement at whatever price is being asked.     

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Rodgers said that we had deals lined up or ready to go for when Maguire deal went through. He left no suggestion that we were not in for a CB and would be ok as we are. Seems strange that there has been no movement at all, other than some rumours of being priced out of moves for Tarkowski and Ake. 

I still think that this is the most likely last minute signing today, a loan deal for another Premier League defender. 

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

I agree ...   he will eventually ...   but we need cover NOW if anything happens to Evans ...   Wes and Benko are not the answer.    HM has left a big hole and we had the opportunity to instantly fill it with someone almost as good.   It's just maths ..  get enough to cover what ever it takes to get that replacement at whatever price is being asked.     

We have 5 players on our books who have full international caps playing at CB, 6 if you count Fuchs who has filled in there. We also have more than a couple of young players who could fill in alongside an experienced player. Not sure why the freak out about not replacing Harry - We did it last season!

• Like 3

Just now, Aus Fox said:

We have 5 players on our books who have full international caps playing at CB, 6 if you count Fuchs who has filled in there. We also have more than a couple of young players who could fill in alongside an experienced player. Not sure why the freak out about not replacing Harry - We did it last season!

Fuchs is fuchung useless at CB.

Morgan is another year older.

Amartey dosn't count.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

Fuchs is fuchung useless at CB.

Morgan is another year older.

Amartey dosn't count.

Fuchs is not useless as 6th choice CB.

Morgan still has it as 4th choice CB

Amartey captains his country at CB why doesn’t he count?

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

It is what i said, most the noise is that its not likely we'll sign anyone else. More than happy to be wrong.

Disappointing.   

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

5,10, 20 doesn't matter ...   its the 2 that are out there on match day that matters.   And we will be much weaker now Maguire has gone ....    unless we had replaced with the best we could get ..  and we had the money to do it !     Sell or loan a few if we have too many.