Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

How Many Signings Will We Make Today?

How many signings will we make today?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. How many signings will we make today?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/19 at 16:08

24 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed. We would need everyone to stay fit and our young players to be consistent to get close to 6th. I also think clubs like Arsenal and Man U have done better in the window than I was expecting, so I think although we have improved, they also have. 

I think it's likely that it will be another battle for 7th unless one of the 6th have an awful run. 

I'm certainly not complaining though and I did just have a chuckle when someone said it's likely we could be languishing in 9th again...  How far we have come! :wub:

I don't think that it would be the right approach for this season.

This team is still a work in progress, I'm more inclined to look forward what Rodgers will do with this team, some good football rather than having my eyes set on a very uncertain 6th place. In my opinion some fans (not you) are getting way ahead of themselves.I still maintain that 6th place this season would be more a matter of luck and top teams underachieving rather than a realistic objective.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 2

Two outstanding adds in Perez and Praet, and retained the guy who could easily become the best player ever in a Leicester shirt in Tielemans.  Plus $80 million plus for Maguire.  People saying this is a failed window without another marquee signing are nuts.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 4

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Two outstanding adds in Perez and Praet, and retained the guy who could easily become the best player ever in a Leicester shirt in Tielemans.  Plus $80 million plus for Maguire.  People saying this is a failed window without another marquee signing are nuts.

Is not a fail, it's just top 6 will be a massive stretch again this year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I don't think that it would be the right approach for this season.

This team is still a work in progress, I'm more inclined to look forward what Rodgers will do with this team, some good football rather than having my eyes set on a very uncertain 6th place. In my opinion some fans (not you) are getting way ahead of themselves.I still maintain that 6th place this season would be more a matter of luck and top teams underachieving rather than a realistic objective.

Isn’t it the club and BR who are mentioning top 6 ? ....

Just now, Countryfox said:

Precisely so. And a 14 point gap between where we finished and Yanited was always going to take some closing.

Unless there’s a staggering surprise in the next 3 hours, it looks more realistic to be aiming to get 8-10 more points than we got last season.

That’d be really good! 

But it’s not a challenge for a top 6 spot. The real disappointment is that Arsenal & Yanited, two clubs we had hoped of catching, look to have strengthened considerably. I’m not sure we have. 

• Like 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

Well, you know how people react when you tell them the truth (see infamous Puel interview).

Joke aside, it certainly is what they're aiming for, I just don't think that it will happen this season. The squad needs strenghtening und culling and it won't be achieved in two-three transfer windows. Would be more than happy if I'm proved wrong at the end of the season though.

I said in another thread that people should take transfer posts from LinekerApples with a pinch of salt (quite enjoy his non-transfer posts) but a few posters defended him.He also suggested the move for Praet was to encourage Milan to sell us Suso who also wanted Praet. It's a no lose situation for some of the so-called ITKs - they can claim moves are going to happen and then can hide behind it fell through or certain things didn't take place for the transfer to complete. The only posters I've seen announce things before they happen are Ashley (re. Perez), themightyfin (re. Maddison) and AbrasiveFox (re. issues in the dressing room when Puel was in charge). But acknowledge things they've said have not happened but at least they've got history of getting things right before others. 

As Geoff Peters said, the best ITKs are the likes of Percy. 

Looks like no storm is coming, but really pleased with our business so far. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

28 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed. We would need everyone to stay fit and our young players to be consistent to get close to 6th. I also think clubs like Arsenal and Man U have done better in the window than I was expecting, so I think although we have improved, they also have. 

I think it's likely that it will be another battle for 7th unless one of the 6th have an awful run. 

I'm certainly not complaining though and I did just have a chuckle when someone said it's likely we could be languishing in 9th again...  How far we have come! :wub:

Arsenal have signed Pepe which is a great signing in my opinion, but they didn't need a forward player. They've lost Ramsey and their plan for tightening up a a dodgy defence is to sign Luiz?

Man U have signed Maguire and One season Bissaka and look to have lost their only real number 9. They also still have an influential problem in Pogba.

While they haven't necessarily weakened, I wouldn't say they have strengthened either.

I do think that realistically we should be aiming for 7th this season, but breaking into the top 6 is not impossible. Our biggest problem is not Arsenal and Utd (I do think Arsenal will be top 4 this season though) it's Everton, Wolves and maybe even Southampton this year. I have a sneaky feeling Southampton may be a bit of a dark horse, I can't see wolves suffering like Burnley did and Everton have improved massively

I think it's pretty clear Man City and Liveprool are 1-2, and that Tottenham and Arsenal should be 3-4.  Apart from that AFAIK it's totally cattywompus - anything can happen.  I'd make Chelsea and United modest favorites to finish 5-6 but at the very least the gap between they and the likes of Wolves, Watford, West Ham and ourselves should close.  Those 6 teams could realistically finish anywhere as high as 5th and I wouldn't be shocked.  I'd happily take 7th but I'll be disappointed if it's lower than that.   

53 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Fuchs is not useless as 6th choice CB.

Morgan still has it as 4th choice CB

Amartey captains his country at CB why doesn’t he count?

Disagree about Morgan, not good enough to play in the first eleven if we want to make top six.

Same applies to Fuchs and Amartey.

Every chance that a 4th choice CB will get a fair number of games either in league or cups. None of those are good enough. 

Next season son we would definitely be minus Morgan and Fuchs so why not buy now?

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think it's pretty clear Man City and Liveprool are 1-2, and that Tottenham and Arsenal should be 3-4.  Apart from that AFAIK it's totally cattywompus - anything can happen.  I'd make Chelsea and United modest favorites to finish 5-6 but at the very least the gap between they and the likes of Wolves, Watford, West Ham and ourselves should close.  Those 6 teams could realistically finish anywhere as high as 5th and I wouldn't be shocked.  I'd happily take 7th but I'll be disappointed if it's lower than that.   

On a side note, I love the word cattywompus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Rather then club brought the right people at the right time rather than panic. 

I think we had time not to panic and buy wisely to be honest, but ah well, we go as we are and I'm sure Rodgers will get the best out of what we have, which is still a very talented squad! 

• Like 1

Glad I set my stall out to just enjoy today no matter what happens. 

The memes were good. The hype fun.

But realistically we have had a banging window.

Got in Perez, Tielemans, Justin and (hopefully) Praet. 

Flogged Maguire for 80 million.

We've definitely improved from last year. 

• Like 1

I guess the plan was always to have Soyuncu/Benkovic step up once Maguire left, and Puel could certainly spot a player or two, so let's give them the chance to do exactly that. 

More I think about it, the more I'm excited that we are gain putting faith in talented, younger players. We have one of the best coaches/managers to do that and also have success going that way already with the likes of Chilwell. Bring it on! 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I guess the plan was always to have Soyuncu/Benkovic step up once Maguire left, and Puel could certainly spot a player or two, so let's give them the chance to do exactly that. 

More I think about it, the more I'm excited that we are gain putting faith in talented, younger players. We have one of the best coaches/managers to do that and also have success going that way already with the likes of Chilwell. Bring it on! 

Would imagine Caglar and Jonny on Sunday, just because Filip hasn`t played in pre-season yet (For understanable reasons)

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Actually quite reassured we're not panicking, we've got a great yound squad.

Quite good to temper expectations, some of the predictions have been VERY over the top in my opinion.

were we attempting to get anyone in this week (apart from praet) ?

If the answer is yes, then presumably we must be frustrated 

Just now, st albans fox said:

were we attempting to get anyone in this week (apart from praet) ?

If the answer is yes, then presumably we must be frustrated 

Clearly we tried but if the targets we wanted werent available at what we'll spend, theres no point. 

Genuinely very hard to get better than what we've got.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

To be fair,they are saying they want a Side to compete,to get into Europe....and be around & among those Top competing places...!!