Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Free LCFC Caps For Supporters Travelling To Chelsea!

Guest Markyblue
11 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'd quite like the opinion of some baby squad lads from the 80s rocking up in pink for Chelsea away 

Pink pringle jumpers were worn even back in the 80s.

On 10/08/2019 at 22:18, Wymeswold fox said:

I presume the pink away kit, based on this cap reaction, isn't going down well as well?..

Man I love my pink shirt. Wore it Sunday and will be wearing it on Sunday at Chelsea.

5 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

There was a lot of pink being worn on Sunday, it looked popular to me.

Each to their own, @Suzie the Fox and @FoxesDeb want caps so come on guys!

Those that don't, surely there's kids/sisters/neices/teddy bears that will give them a good home, nobody is forcing anyone to like them or wear them.

As for the tinpot type comments, who really should give a fck what other fans think about something so trivial?

Imo if anyone is that bothered about how it might look they are a little shallow and insecure, say everyone wore one, it's a sea of colour like shirts, scarves, flags or holding up plastic sheets for tifos surely? 

Some will,some won't wear them, nothing to so with being ungrateful it's purely about choices.

Absolutely this. There seems to be a particular type of football supporter who appear to be extraordinarily bothered about what is said about them on social media after the game by other supporters. 

As you say it’s sometimes difficult to know where the hipster lines are drawn. If the majority wore the caps we would create a sea of pink in the away end, which is the colour kit we are playing in, but that will be mocked on social media and we will be an embarrassment, however when Holland fans turn up head to toe in orange it’s great. 

• Like 3

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

You realise why Holland play in Orange? it’s their royal families colour. Dating back to William of Orange. It’s deeply written into the nations traditions 

Of course I do. That’s not really my point. It’s what we’re playing in on Sunday isn’t it. 

Would you be happy then if blue caps were given out this Sunday?

2 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Absolutely this. There seems to be a particular type of football supporter who appear to be extraordinarily bothered about what is said about them on social media after the game by other supporters. 

As you say it’s sometimes difficult to know where the hipster lines are drawn. If the majority wore the caps we would create a sea of pink in the away end, which is the colour kit we are playing in, but that will be mocked on social media and we will be an embarrassment, however when Holland fans turn up head to toe in orange it’s great. 

Exactly, unfortunately, how some choose to support the club and what they wear will be embarrasing for the Third Reich hipster super fans.

Sadly too much time is invested in being perplexed by trivial matters instead of doing their own thing and getting on with what they profess they are about....supporting the club.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Of course I do. That’s not really my point. It’s what we’re playing in on Sunday isn’t it. 

Would you be happy then if blue caps were given out this Sunday?

No cos my issue with the caps, not the colour. 

You used an example which is rich in tradition and history of Holland. Holland play in white and blue as second colours, their colour doesn’t change it just stays with the tradition 

A cap cap doesn’t really speak tradition, history or relation with supporting a football team. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You used an example which is rich in tradition and history of Holland. 

A cap cap doesn’t really speak tradition, history or relation with supporting a football team. I

So by that logic, you think that Dutch supporters wearing orange caps look embarrassing because a cap doesn’t speak of tradition, history or supporting a football team?

The orange is fine, it’s not the colour, it’s the cap you have an issue with, yeah?

Edited by Nickfosse

Just now, Nickfosse said:

So by that logic, you think that Dutch supporters wearing orange caps looks embarrassing because a cap doesn’t speak of tradition, history or supporting a football team?

The orange is fine, it’s not the colour, it’s the cap you have an issue with, yeah!

Struggling to think of a time I’ve seen hundreds of Dutch lads wearing Orange Caps in a row 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Struggling to think of a time I’ve seen hundreds of Dutch lads wearing Orange Caps in a row 

Maybe not hundreds in a row but I’ve seen plenty of Holland supporters wearing orange caps and all sorts of other dodgy gear come to that. 

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You used an example which is rich in tradition and history of Holland. Holland play in white and blue as second colours, their colour doesn’t change it just stays with the tradition 

A cap cap doesn’t really speak tradition, history or relation with supporting a football team. 

That's your opinion though Cardiff, other people have the choice to do what they want surely?

You cannot impose your choices or views on others, if I was there on Sunday, I would  choose not to wear it but I wouldn't give a rats about others wearing them. 

Edited by Bluetintedspecs
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Maybe not hundreds in a row but I’ve seen plenty of Holland supporters wearing orange caps and all sorts of other dodgy gear come to that. 

You just don't see enough Orange clogs for my liking, now that is steeped in tradition.

Flat caps, suits, scarves and rattles were the typical fan attire for decades of our tradition and history, are you fully behind them making a come back @Cardiff_Foxlol

15 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

That's your opinion though Cardiff, other people have the choice to do what they want surely?

You cannot impose your choices or views on others, if I was there on Sunday, I would  choose not to wear it but I wouldn't give a rats about others wearing them. 

I haven’t said anything personal as to a person’s choice. In fact earlier on in the thread, I stated how sad it is on social media that people can’t be accepting of others opinion and turn to some frankly disgusting language in the process. 

My anger/disagreement has been targeted towards the club’s marketing department.

If anything, some may see it as an over-reaction but I think I’ve learnt the way I view and support football is now the minority. If it wasn’t for having a season ticket with my dad, I think I’d be finishing my time following City with such ardent passion what as seen me drive thousands of miles, take time off, fall out with work managers and miss family events. I already go multiple non league games because of Sky farting about with the scheduling. So I’ll take a more casual view on City and just hop over to the continent every couple of months where the game is less sanitised 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

You just don't see enough Orange clogs for my liking, now that is steeped in tradition.

Flat caps, suits, scarves and rattles were the typical fan attire for decades of our tradition and history, are you fully behind them making a come back @Cardiff_Foxlol

Yeah look up Gentry Day what Preston North End fans do. A great little nod by Preston at their history and at the same remembering their fans of the past; sometimes raising money for charities. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

On Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 08:07, Cardiff_Fox said:

What attracted you to football in the first place? 

As a kid growing up for me, it was the atmosphere, the colours, the buzz. There was a time where we were so shite on the pitch growing up; the most enjoyable part was that buzz of a matchday. A significant of football is that fan culture - we’ve been at games, Leicester or not, where we’ve been impressed by the support fans provide - Christ we had it for 18 months at the King power before we went awol. 

I am going to stop going around in circles on this one but if we have over half of our away end wearing them next week, we will be the laughing stock of the league on social media.

Another sign of our away ends and atmospheres totally draining away into a version of Reading’s support

You did question their choices by stating that you are embarrased by them, because you care about us being a laughing stock on social media.

1 minute ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

You did question their choices by stating that you are embarrased by them, because you care about us being a laughing stock on social media.

If that’s how you read it, then fair enough. 

I’ve repeatedly said my piece on here. So I’ll retire from this thread (albeit it’s not been particularly graceful 😂)

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If that’s how you read it, then fair enough. 

I’ve repeatedly said my piece on here. So I’ll retire from this thread (albeit it’s not been particularly graceful 😂)

I’ll join you in your retirement 😄 

I’ve enjoyed the conversation and I think it has been graceful. There’s been no personal abuse, just a sharing of differing opinions and I thank you for that. 

Please don’t give up your support. We always have our most sharp conversations with those we have most in common with.  

I cant make Chelsea as I’m working, but at Sheffield United and Bournemouth I’ll be singing my heart with you and being part of the atmosphere and support we both want for our club. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I’ll join you in your retirement 😄 

I’ve enjoyed the conversation and I think it has been graceful. There’s been no personal abuse, just a sharing of differing opinions and I thank you for that. 

Please don’t give up your support. We always have our most sharp conversations with those we have most in common with.  

I cant make Chelsea as I’m working, but at Sheffield United and Bournemouth I’ll be singing my heart with you and being part of the atmosphere and support we both want for our club. 

I echo all of the above too,  it's not been personalor abusive just a frank exchange of opinions. LTID

• Like 3