Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Free LCFC Caps For Supporters Travelling To Chelsea!

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Genuine question and not trying to antagonise... 

Have you contacted the club to suggest it? Fed back to the FCC to raise it as something you feel strongly about? Fed back to Foxes Trust (I presume they still have contact with the club about certain matters?). 

Suppose the question is put out to all who feel strongly about this decision to offer free stuff. 

It's all well and good debating it on a forum and that's exactly what this place is for so I won't have a go at anyone doing so, but if enough people kick up a fuss and make a point to the club from now on, maybe they'll take more notice? And I don't mean via social media either - the person behind the Twitter is probably just some young one who has absolutely no control over what actually happens at the club lol

Oh multiple times on a lot of issues, vicariously at the Your 90 minute sessions, the FCCs, and the meetings that the Supporters Clubs get invited to. But when the notes from meetings get lost and don't get brought back to follow up meetings to discuss what's been done about the suggestions made, you kind of wonder what the point of it is. I can't think off the top of my head of one suggestion over the last couple of years that has been implemented after being suggested at the above meetings. 

• Like 1

The caps will cost about 20p each. yes i'd rather have 20p off my ticket, but to say this is a waste of money and it should be spent elsewhere is crazy. KP spending a few hundred quid on caps is the equivalent of me dropping 10p on the floor and forgetting to pick it up, yes annoying and a waste, but will not affect anything in any way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Saw a good post on Twitter last night, the club could have used some of the fund to put on some free coaches to Southampton after it got moved to the Friday night. That would be a much more suitable use for this cash imo. 

This “premier league fund” is no longer in existence but when it was it was used by the club to subsidise travel costs to £10

clubs are not required to spend anything 

the club have allocated £60k for “free treats” per season 

to subsidise free travel it would cost £56k a game

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

People can stop moaning about how the club is spending THEIR OWN money now

thats a good thread to go through tbh, but some of our fans will still moan about it all, i think if the caps werent pink there wouldnt be an issue 

some are moaning about other embarrassing the rest with the pink hats, but tbh some of our fans can be embarrassing all by themselves without the hat

its a hat, meh take or leave it 

Not sure who he's submitting an FOI request to given the club are a private company.

Interesting how the amount allocated for "gifts" is the rough amount it would cost to "subsidise" the £1 booking fee for every single away ticket for this coming Premier League season. :D

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

People can stop moaning about how the club is spending THEIR OWN money now

In my honest opinion, the thread is a load of club led claptrap shite. 

The club are not open - they don’t record meeting minutes from the consultation meetings and they haven’t held a meeting for nearly a year now. 

They rejected ideas on certain grounds and then did them ideas themselves. 

Let’s look at this another way - they can use that £60k far better than they are currently doing and it’s not even for travel etc. 

At least 20% of the away end aren’t using those caps - that’s a waste of money - might as well grant it to charity. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats a good thread to go through tbh, but some of our fans will still moan about it all, i think if the caps werent pink there wouldnt be an issue 

some are moaning about other embarrassing the rest with the pink hats, but tbh some of our fans can be embarrassing all by themselves without the hat

If we had an away end full of Wolves fans on Sunday wearing orange trucker caps, I’d think they are weirdos 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Agreed. Who cares what some prawn sandwich stuffed Chelsea fans killing time before their train home to Egham think of us, as well as millions of fat, lazy, greasy armchair mouthpieces watching the game on sky. It's football. I'd hope fans of opposing clubs are constantly having a go at each other as long as the sport is in existence, that's what makes it fun. To actually take such stick to heart would be incredibly childish.

19 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It’s a completely valid, and very interesting, point he/she’s raised.

Unless of course we’re meant to never question the decisions the club makes and swear blind allegiance and loyalty to our masters over there at King Power Stadium?

Fans who refuse to question anything the club does baffle me. Yes, there’s an element of being a supporter but there’s also an element of holding the club to account.

If fans didn’t do that you’d likely be supporting a club that plays 50% of its games abroad, let’s the tv companies dictate the fixture list, has less blank space on the shirt than sponsorship and charges £80 a game for those who can afford tickets.

If there’s a fans fund from the Premier League then fans surely have a right to question how that is spent?

Again, correct. Where do you draw the line?

I don't get why any single criticism is taken as some huge snipe at the club and ownership. It's like people are in competition with each other to be the most defensive of everything LCFC does. It's really really weird.

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Again, correct. Where do you draw the line?

I don't get why any single criticism is taken as some huge snipe at the club and ownership. It's like people are in competition with each other to be the most defensive of everything LCFC does. It's really really weird.

Likewise i'm sure many people would think moaning about getting a free cap really really weird. 

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I only made a suggestion of better suited ways to spend the money the club is given? 

The club is not given this money now, it wasn’t last season or the season before.

So why are you complaining?

It is from the owners pocket, but hey it could’ve been spent more wisely.

You of all people being a member of a group should’ve known the fans fund ended when away tickets were capped at £30.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, promised land said:

The club is not given this money now, it wasn’t last season or the season before.

So why are you complaining?

It is from the owners pocket, but hey it could’ve been spent more wisely.

You of all people being a member of a group should’ve known the fans fund ended when away tickets were capped at £30.

I've not 'moaned' per se, I've just suggested alternatives. Like you say it could have been spent more wisely. 

Also not sure why you've taken exception to my opinion, others have been much more scathing. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't think people are specifically moaning about getting a free cap. This is the point. 

Fair enough, i've missed the point, my fault for not reading the whole thread.

But i get the sense people are complaining about getting free things (cap, scarf, weird plastic thing at Fulham) and those that are saying 'it's ok' or 'sounds cool' are immediately branded with WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING THE CLUB WE ARE ALLOWED TO QUESTION THE CLUB THEY AREN'T PERFECT THEY ARE A SHAMBLES.

I fully encourage questioning of any process. But maybe get together and send a collective letter to the club questioning whether this supposed £60k could be spent on better things. In the meantime, i'd hope those who don't like their caps donate to charity or a young relative. There'll be young kids all over the county delighted with it