Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Free LCFC Caps For Supporters Travelling To Chelsea!

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

But a pink shirt or pink socks is OK? Or is even that too camp for you? :mellow:

Just realised it didn’t come across right, I was replying to the last bit From Stan but I forgot to put it in bold 

It's a fvcking cap ffs lol 

I own this seasons pink shirt, I haven’t got a problem with the pink cap in fact I would actually like one but unfortunately I’m not actually able to go to the Chelsea game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s nothing to do with the colour - the link is clear, we are playing in Pink. When have you seen an away support decked out in trucker caps ? 

Scarves, flags, shirts - yeah that’s all stuff you’d associate with active football support. 

Answer me what would you think if Wolves had their away end decked out in trucker hats tomorrow? 

This whole scenario reminds me of Huddersfield and Paddy Power think a little bit. A complete own goal because everyone else thinks you are a laughing stock 

I couldn’t care less I don’t go to the football to see what the away fans are doing or wearing, I’m only interested in what’s happening on the pitch 

9 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Fair enough, but there’s very little respect amongst opposing football fans in England. They spend most of their time slagging each other off. Best not to worry what other people think in my opinion. 

We had journalists, opposition fans and even opposition players praising our atmosphere for a spell at end of 2015 to 2017. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What attracted you to football in the first place? 

As far I can remember I’ve always loved football I suppose like most kids I played football basically anywhere I could, I was only interested in playing games when I was younger if it included a football, football golf, football tennis, me and a few mates even built wooden goal posts that we concreted into the ground on the local park much to the councils annoyance

i never attended games as both my parents are non-sporty

my first game was when we played Blackburn at filbert st in the fog mid 90’s I was 12 at the time when my arsenal supporting uncle took me to the game 

then at 17 I bust my knee and was forced to stop playing, I then got a job at lcfc which I stopped doing at the end of the playoff season where knockert missed the penalty, I have been a season ticket holder ever since 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

we will be the laughing stock of the league on social media.

If so, Why does this even matter? It will be forgotten about the next day 

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I want my club to be respected by opposition fans for our support and that translates into me being equally proud of it, so just as when we went Atleti and went ‘wow, that’s some noise or display of support’. I want us to have the same impact like we did at say Bruges and Copenhagen mostly decked out in blue/white 

@jammie82uk

Long answer - I don’t want to see this club’s emphasis on support to become about freebies, I want to be about how much of noise and atmosphere we can create. People will say it’s a hat - I see it as a symbolic erosion of organic, independent support into something more marketed and cleansed form of football supporting which simply isn’t me. 

The fact you’ve worked for the club over a significant period time - makes perfect sense on your opinion (not that this is a slur in anyway) and gives me a greater understanding of your position. 

If you think it will end the day after, I think you are wrong - I only look at how the picture of the granny ripping open the tifo has reappeared going viral this weekend, months later 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We had journalists, opposition fans and even opposition players praising our atmosphere for a spell at end of 2015 to 2017. 

That’s a good point and very true, but I think we’re more likely to lose that reputation with increasing silence and booing our substitutes on than we are being gifted a cap away at Chelsea. 

Edited by Nickfosse

On 11/08/2019 at 11:26, Cardiff_Fox said:

@jammie82uk

People will say it’s a hat 

If you think it will end the day after, I think you are wrong - I only look at how the picture of the granny ripping open the tifo has reappeared going viral this weekend, months later 

You seem to be getting very wound up over a pink hat, if you don’t like it don’t wear one if you’re going to SB, but judging by how many grown men I saw yesterday sporting that away top I’d guess quite a few will wear the free head furniture.

Can someone come up with a little chant to Cardiff Fox with pink hat in it by Sunday? :)

Oh and that granny popping through the tifo, come on it raised a smile, besides she does every away day and I reckon she will be wearing you know what. Oh but wait, she isn’t a 17 year old yoof who’s had one Koppenberg and is smartly dressed in stone islands latest clobber, she doesn’t deserve an away ticket, how dare she.

Chill a bit, let folks do what they want to and you carry on doing your thing.

On 10/08/2019 at 22:32, Cardiff_Fox said:

I want my club to be respected by opposition fans for our support and that translates into me being equally proud of it, so just as when we went Atleti and went ‘wow, that’s some noise or display of support’. I want us to have the same impact like we did at say Bruges and Copenhagen mostly decked out in blue/white 

Don't know what game you were at Cardiff, but the Copenhagen fans had our pants down in that away game. That end behind the goal was packed and loud as hell for over an hour before kick off. We on the other hand were pretty poor.

Admittedly our support at the Bruges away game was unreal and the best away end I've been in but Copenhagen wasn't even close in my opinion. 

Anyway back to the topic. Not sure what the issue is with these caps. No ones being forced to wear them, if you don't like it just leave it on the seat. Also just because they're provided at the game why are people presuming that the expectation from the club is that everyone where's it during the game?!? Can't the club give you something for you to take away and wear at your leisure? 

You're dead right. 

I was in the Copenhagen end behind the goal and they made a right noise. 

Never saw the teams come out as they put a massive banner out in front of us. 

Leicester end looked flat and everyone standing in the middle bit so it looked 2/3 rds full

Brugges was brilliant, cheaper beer, great weather and friendly locals. 

Pity I couldn't get in and had to watch it in a fan park next to the ground😒

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing our away end, in a weird way. It's going to be hideous.

I'm with you. Our away ends are so ****ing appalling most of the time these days anyway but the level of piss we'll get ripped out of us on Sunday and beyond is going to be golden. 

Frankly it's better to be talked about than not at all so just lap up the bantz and laugh along with it. 

3 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Although I'm not overly keen, I've always thought how good the Dutch fans look in their end, dressed in orange. 

Pink though, I'm not so sure😄

Orange is their storied and traditional colour, they wear shirts to represent that. Pink isn’t a colour associated with us besides one away kit and the caps are a complete gimmick.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

Orange is their storied and traditional colour, they wear shirts to represent that. Pink isn’t a colour associated with us besides one away kit and the caps are a complete gimmick.

The story behind the Orange is fascinating and deeply tied into Dutch history/culture. 

19 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

Don't know what game you were at Cardiff, but the Copenhagen fans had our pants down in that away game. That end behind the goal was packed and loud as hell for over an hour before kick off. We on the other hand were pretty poor.

Yeah, was more a point on our behalf of the display but the atmosphere from the Copenhagen fans illustrates my point. Brilliant show of support which Europe appreciating it.