Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Free LCFC Caps For Supporters Travelling To Chelsea!

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

But i get the sense people are complaining about getting free things (cap, scarf, weird plastic thing at Fulham) and those that are saying 'it's ok' or 'sounds cool' are immediately branded with WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING THE CLUB WE ARE ALLOWED TO QUESTION THE CLUB THEY AREN'T PERFECT THEY ARE A SHAMBLES.

If you pinpoint an example of that fair dues, but generally sense the line in capitals cited when folks argue about fans being ungrateful etc 

26 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Going against the grain here, but if anyone is going to the game and doesnt want their pink truckers hat, i'll gladly buy it off them. Not that i will wear it but it would look super cute on my teddy that sits on the chair in the corner of my room. :D 

Same here, my 12 year old daughter would love one! 

37 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The club could put in a "returns" box, if people don't want the stuff given out you put it in there that is then brought back and left for collection by people that do. 

Considering the amount of people who have been trashing the idea and are embarrassed by getting a free pink cap, i've not had a deluge of PM's from posters willing to sell theirs :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Still here scratching my head thinking which marketing bod thought it was a great idea. What part of football makes you think trucker cap ? 😂😂

Won’t be scratching ya head when you have a nice new pink hat mate  

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Considering the amount of people who have been trashing the idea and are embarrassed by getting a free pink cap, i've not had a deluge of PM's from posters willing to sell theirs :P

Apologies. I don't want or have no need for mine. However I've offered to give mine to a young girl in syston over Twitter as her grandad was keen for her to have 1. My boy has offered his to his sister purely on the fact its pink. I have also, hoping my relatives I'm attending with feel no need to hang on and haven't lobbed them at kepa, to send 1 to jamie at the foxes arms alcudia but of I see a load of abandoned o es I will get my lad to collect and will offer put on here and Twitter, donations to loros and the next Ufs tifo seems fair 

• Like 4

I keep seeing people saying on social media that some are "missing the point" in regards all of this cap stuff

what point do they mean by that? as stated already in the thread there is no football fund or anything and all these "gifts" are from the owners(probably didnt think of this caps idea mind)

21 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

I keep seeing people saying on social media that some are "missing the point" in regards all of this cap stuff

what point do they mean by that? as stated already in the thread there is no football fund or anything and all these "gifts" are from the owners(probably didnt think of this caps idea mind)

BuT We WaNt FrEe TrAvEl To EvErY AwAy GaMe

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

BuT We WaNt FrEe TrAvEl To EvErY AwAy GaMe

Or a more resourceful use of money, let’s say 20% of the away end leaves it behind. A trucker cap is a gimmick is anyone seriously going to wear it after the game ? 

It’s wasting money which could be used on charity, a statue, or a ticket exchange system helping out all fans. 

Some marketing bod continually comes up with these inane ideas to gain fan support. An original marketing team could do things like retro day (encouraged to wear retro tops), legends day (where a number of players are invited back). The fan park is behind the times; get things like street food outlets, craft beer pop-up’s, crossovers with EA sports, invite footballing youtube accounts down etc. 

• Like 2

I've been thinking about getting myself a pink trucker hat for quite a while but have been put off by the embarrasment factor.

I can now get one for free & do not have to worry about looking a prat as 3, 000 others will also be looking ridiculous.

Win win.

52 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What would you think if an away end turned up at the KP stadium with 3,000 people wearing trucker caps ? It would be a laughing stock. You’d sit there thinking what are they doing? Scarves, shirts, balloons - yeah all objects you associate with football and active support. 

Its increasingly tiresome on social media as well that anyone who disagrees with it is cast as hater of the owners and ungrateful. Opinions are not black or white, they are grey 

The point what no one has made is that technically these caps aren’t free - the only way you can get a cap is paying £31 for admission to the away end 😬

And all the other costs associated to going away games.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What would you think if an away end turned up at the KP stadium with 3,000 people wearing trucker caps ? It would be a laughing stock. You’d sit there thinking what are they doing? Scarves, shirts, balloons - yeah all objects you associate with football and active support. 

Its increasingly tiresome on social media as well that anyone who disagrees with it is cast as hater of the owners and ungrateful. Opinions are not black or white, they are grey 

The point what no one has made is that technically these caps aren’t free - the only way you can get a cap is paying £31 for admission to the away end 😬

Unless you are paying the £31 to be able to get the cap and not watch the football then yes the cap isn’t free 

you brought the ticket when the cap wasn’t even mentioned so the cap is an additional item to what you already agreed to pay for (watching the football) so yes technically they are free to you

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

6 page thread over a free pink cap. 🙈

Yes they are giving people a free cap the absolute bast..ds.

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I agree with most of the post but the bit in bold isn't true. Alternatively, any one I've seen who doesn't mind the caps or has chosen not to hate it, has been cast as someone who is plastic or just always loves what the owners do without any regard.

Newsflash, for instance - you can hate the £1 ticket fee and also like the caps. 

Social media has become a real eyesore recently as well - our club is on the brink of perhaps breaking the glass ceiling (again) to go in to top 6, in a very good position to start the seaosn with some exciting players at our disposal and our fans (on both sides) are in absolute fvcking meltdown over some fvcking pink caps. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 3