Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Free LCFC Caps For Supporters Travelling To Chelsea!

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What would you think if an away end turned up at the KP stadium with 3,000 people wearing trucker caps ? It would be a laughing stock. You’d sit there thinking what are they doing? Scarves, shirts, balloons - yeah all objects you associate with football and active support. 

Its increasingly tiresome on social media as well that anyone who disagrees with it is cast as hater of the owners and ungrateful. Opinions are not black or white, they are grey 

The point what no one has made is that technically these caps aren’t free - the only way you can get a cap is paying £31 for admission to the away end 😬

thanks for clearing that up

clearly someone at the club who thought of the idea of pink hats was on the booze at the time, 

i get why there is a bit of an uproar about it tbh, 

some of the sh*t on social media about it is getting stupid now tbh, weve not even kicked a ball and some are already starting with the verbal fights

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What would you think if an away end turned up at the KP stadium with 3,000 people wearing trucker caps ? It would be a laughing stock. You’d sit there thinking what are they doing? Scarves, shirts, balloons - yeah all objects you associate with football and active support. 

Its increasingly tiresome on social media as well that anyone who disagrees with it is cast as hater of the owners and ungrateful. Opinions are not black or white, they are grey 

The point what no one has made is that technically these caps aren’t free - the only way you can get a cap is paying £31 for admission to the away end 😬

It really is a pitiful argument, it's become a bit of a bandwagon as well now, massively exaggerated by those defending it. My assumption would be Top hasn't even got a clue about it. It's not something I associate with him or criticise him or the ownership for.

If you're calling it an attack on Top for this then as far as I'm concerned, any criticism of players or managers is also a dig at Top as well. That's the level of ridiculous this argument is.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

I agree with most of the post but the bit in bold isn't true. Alternatively, any one I've seen who doesn't mind the caps or has chosen not to hate it, has been cast as someone who is plastic or just always loves what the owners do without any regard.

Newsflash, for instance - you can hate the £1 ticket fee and also like the caps. 

Social media has become a real eyesore recently as well - our club is on the brink of perhaps breaking the glass ceiling (again) to go in to top 6, in a very good position to start the seaosn with some exciting players at our disposal and our fans (on both sides) are in absolute fvcking meltdown over some fvcking pink caps. 

Exactly, we are on the same page here -  opinions are not pro or anti. There are not black or white, they are grey. You have individual issues.

I’ve some seen quite frankly awful language aimed at a couple of guys on social media. Telling fans of twenty plus years to go support other clubs etc. No one is diplomatically appreciating that people have other opinions. In a wide fan base, you’ll get numerous opinions and those opinions are translated into anti or pro. Just because you think a pink trucker hat is a shit idea doesn’t mean you are some traitor of the club. Similarly there’s a translation that criticism of this becomes criticism of the owner - it’s the invention of a marketing team. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

All I keep seeing on Twitter is anyone who disagrees with this hates Top. I just do not understand that logic. I bloody love Top and our owners, but think the idea of giving out free hats is horrific. It’s embarrassing some of the comments I am seeing from certain fans. We can still think something is a bad idea but love and respect our owners. We are simply slagging off our marketing department.

Social media in general just breeds cults of arguments that people get too lost in and too determined to prove a point. The Puel arguments were the best proof you'll find of this. This is just another of those.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

All I keep seeing on Twitter is anyone who disagrees with this hates Top. I just do not understand that logic. I bloody love Top and our owners, but think the idea of giving out free hats is horrific. It’s embarrassing some of the comments I am seeing from certain fans. We can still think something is a bad idea but love and respect our owners. We are simply slagging off our marketing department.

This about 500 million times. 

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Exactly, we are on the same page here -  opinions are not pro or anti. There are not black or white, they are grey. You have individual issues.

I’ve some seen quite frankly awful language aimed at a couple of guys on social media. Telling fans of twenty plus years to go support other clubs etc. No one is diplomatically appreciating that people have other opinions. In a wide fan base, you’ll get numerous opinions and those opinions are translated into anti or pro. Just because you think a pink trucker hat is a shit idea doesn’t mean you are some traitor of the club. Similarly there’s a translation that criticism of this becomes criticism of the owner - it’s the invention of a marketing team. 

Yeah it's all much ado about nothing. I've seen some awfull stuff both sides which is just unfair. Let people make a choice and live with it. If people like it, so what. If people don't like it, so what. 

It's a fvcking cap ffs lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yeah it's all much ado about nothing. I've seen some awfull stuff both sides which is just unfair. Let people make a choice and live with it. If people like it, so what. If people don't like it, so what. 

It's a fvcking cap ffs lol

Agreed but in most cases it’s not the fact it’s a cap, it’s the fact it is pink and it will be embarrassing 

• Like 1

I'm really surprised by some of our fans honestly. The amount of stuff the club have given to us, from a scarf, to pins, t-shirts, cupcakes, drinks and the league f'in title! And we moan about 1 thing the club have 'got wrong' (in some ungrateful eyes) for crying out loud perspective people!!! Anyone that doesn't want their cap I'll be happy to take off their hands! The amount it's been talked about they'll be a collectors item in 20 years! 

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Because a marketing department can never make a mistake right! How dare they! 

10 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Agreed but in most cases it’s not the fact it’s a cap, it’s the fact it is pink and it will be embarrassing 

It’s nothing to do with the colour - the link is clear, we are playing in Pink. When have you seen an away support decked out in trucker caps ? 

Scarves, flags, shirts - yeah that’s all stuff you’d associate with active football support. 

Answer me what would you think if Wolves had their away end decked out in trucker hats tomorrow? 

This whole scenario reminds me of Huddersfield and Paddy Power thing a little bit. A complete own goal because everyone else thinks you are a laughing stock 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s nothing to do with the colour - the link is clear, we are playing in Pink. When have you seen an away support decked out in trucker caps ? 

Scarves, flags, shirts - yeah that’s all stuff you’d associate with active football support. 

Answer me what would you think if Wolves had their away end decked out in trucker hats tomorrow? 

This whole scenario reminds me of Huddersfield and Paddy Power think a little bit. A complete own goal because everyone else thinks you are a laughing stock 

I genuinely couldn’t give a shit. I’ll be watching the game so they can turn up in old gold mankinis if they want and it won’t make a blind bit of difference to me.

Anyway, why do people care so much about what other people think anyway?

its a bit strange because when Dutch supporters turn up at world cups completely bedecked in orange or Dortmund create a wall of yellow everyone thinks it’s great. 

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Perfect opportunity for " caps off if you love Leicester" while we all hold them in the air.

What do you think? 

Could be problematic given some on Twitter have been saying you don't love Leicester unless you're wearing one. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I genuinely couldn’t give a shit. I’ll be watching the game so they can turn up in old gold mankinis if they want and it won’t make a blind bit of difference to me.

Anyway, why do people care so much about what other people think anyway?

its a bit strange because when Dutch supporters turn up at world cups completely bedecked in orange or Dortmund create a wall of yellow everyone thinks it’s great. 

I want my club to be respected by opposition fans for our support and that translates into me being equally proud of it, so just as when we went Atleti and went ‘wow, that’s some noise or display of support’. I want us to have the same impact like we did at say Bruges and Copenhagen mostly decked out in blue/white 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I want my club to be respected by opposition fans for our support and that translates into me being equally proud of it, so just as when we went Atleti and went ‘wow, that’s some noise or display of support’. I want us to have the same impact like we did at say Bruges and Copenhagen mostly decked out in blue/white 

Fair enough, but there’s very little respect amongst opposing football fans in England. They spend most of their time slagging each other off. Best not to worry what other people think in my opinion. 

I want a cap !!! I actually REALLY want a cap and i dont do away games... PLEASE can one of you guys keep the one you get and  dont want and i will come collect (might even buy you a pint) or pay postage for you to send and also pay you for the cap.. 

(Sheesh sounding desperate here... but needs must)