Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Free LCFC Caps For Supporters Travelling To Chelsea!

9 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Why? To be fair he’s right.  It is embarrassing that our free stuff is a pink hat when other clubs get cheaper travel or ticket prices 

I know which I’d sooner have...

Yes it does seem a bit of a waste of money whoevers it is. Without any wish to start any boring pc debates, I wonder if many will just be left on the seats? If it was the more traditional blue cap I can see people using them after but a gordy pink coloured hat ... no thank you. (Wouldn't wear a red one or red shirt either mind).

9 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I don’t get this seemingly Ungratefulness that people are showing

I suppose you think every football fan will be laughing at our pink kit as well then 

It's not about being ungrateful, it's about the waste of money spent on a piece of useless pink tat that most fans will not use.

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Can't believe people are getting so worked up over a cap! This is actually hilarious! 

We aren't ffs. Why do I keep seeing stuff like this on here and on twitter.

People moaning about people moaning about these caps are totally missing the point.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Can't believe people are getting so worked up over a cap! 

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We aren't ffs. 

I love:

A: The irony of your reply

B: the use of "we aren't" as if we have now been categorised into "pink cap liking" and "none pink cap liking"  groups

15 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I love:

A: The irony of your reply

B: the use of "we aren't" as if we have now been categorised into "pink cap liking" and "none pink cap liking"  groups

Ok then. Totally miss my point but pick up on the grammar. That’s what I joined this forum for.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

How much does it actually cost to produce these caps? 

How much is the PL fund in the first place for clubs? 

Can the club subsidise tickets/travel through other avenues/budgets in future? 

Are people getting quite worked up about it for the right reasons? (yes) 

Are there bigger things to worry about? (yes) 

Does it also come across as ungrateful in a way with how worked up people are getting? (yes) 

17 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I wasn't picking you up on grammar and really don't mean to cause offense if I have. 

It’s okay I just don’t get why so many people get wound up about grammar on a football forum. Bigger things to worry about imo...

Edited by Fox92

24 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Saw a good post on Twitter last night, the club could have used some of the fund to put on some free coaches to Southampton after it got moved to the Friday night. That would be a much more suitable use for this cash imo. 

Why not wait to see if they do both before worrying about it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why not wait to see if they do both before worrying about it?

I only made a suggestion of better suited ways to spend the money the club is given? Maybe they will put something on, maybe a beer or a pie or something in the concourse for those travelling I have no idea. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I only made a suggestion of better suited ways to spend the money the club is given? Maybe they will put something on, maybe a beer or a pie or something in the concourse for those travelling I have no idea. 

You make it sound like they haven't at all though. 'could have used...'. 

They may still do? 

It's semantics at the end of the day! 

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah, like I say, wait and see.

It's not like the club have never made travel cheaper or given breakfasts or paid for a pint or whatever.

People in this thread are acting like every club gets free travel for every game or whatever. Swear some don't know how lucky we are.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah, like I say, wait and see.

It's not like the club have never made travel cheaper or given breakfasts or paid for a pint or whatever.

People in this thread are acting like every club gets free travel for every game or whatever. Swear some don't know how lucky we are.

I don't think they are, when there's a demonstrable track record of clubs using their share of the fund to go good stuff like subsidise long trips etc, it's understandably frustrating for people to see use using our share of it on what is, in all honesty, tat. 

This is similar to the booking fee thing, people raise valid points about how things could or should be done differently or better, and they're just immediately shot down as 'ungrateful' etc. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I don't think they are, when there's a demonstrable track record of clubs using their share of the fund to go good stuff like subsidise long trips etc, it's understandably frustrating for people to see use using our share of it on what is, in all honesty, tat. 

This is similar to the booking fee thing, people raise valid points about how things could or should be done differently or better, and they're just immediately shot down as 'ungrateful' etc. 

How much do you think 3000 caps cost and how much do you think it costs to ship 3000 fans down to the south coast?

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

How much do you think 3000 caps cost and how much do you think it costs to ship 3000 fans down to the south coast?

Christ mate I don't know, I'm just making suggestions. 95% of the caps will likely be tossed away anyway, so even if we only put 500 spots on for the Saints game for example it would be useful in the long run for more people. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Christ mate I don't know, I'm just making suggestions. 95% of the caps will likely be tossed away anyway, so even if we only put 500 spots on for the Saints game for example it would be useful in the long run for more people. 

Genuine question and not trying to antagonise... 

Have you contacted the club to suggest it? Fed back to the FCC to raise it as something you feel strongly about? Fed back to Foxes Trust (I presume they still have contact with the club about certain matters?). 

Suppose the question is put out to all who feel strongly about this decision to offer free stuff. 

It's all well and good debating it on a forum and that's exactly what this place is for so I won't have a go at anyone doing so, but if enough people kick up a fuss and make a point to the club from now on, maybe they'll take more notice? And I don't mean via social media either - the person behind the Twitter is probably just some young one who has absolutely no control over what actually happens at the club lol