Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Pubs for Sunday!!

2 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Where is that?

I know a lot of away fans tend to drink around Earl’s Court for Chelsea away

Great Portland Street. It’s not exactly around the corner but it’s a proper pub that has a super sound landlord who is Leicester.

I reckon if say a club like Newcastle had a pub like that in London all their away games there would see fans head to it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Great Portland Street. It’s not exactly around the corner but it’s a proper pub that has a super sound landlord who is Leicester.

I reckon if say a club like Newcastle had a pub like that in London all their away games there would see fans head to it.

We’ll be having a look at that. Not sure if its ideal for Chelsea mind. Feel like I’d miss the game after a few beers trying to get there lol 

I used to live in Battersea and this is going back, but I tended to cross the river and drink in Fulham and Chelsea more than Putney and Clapham. Returning to my old haunts - and someone mentioned Parson's Green - The White Horse, also derisively christened the Sloaney Pony, (trust me, it was much worse back then), has the best range of ale in the proximity of the Bridge. Always drop in there when I've visited The Cottage. Other than that, closer to the ground, and more obligatory, I think The Pensioner is always a good atmosphere (though full of Chelsea supporters and impossible to get served on matchdays). Not far from The White Horse, Octoberfest is also good beer and only a kilometer from the stadium. 

16 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

We’ll be having a look at that. Not sure if its ideal for Chelsea mind. Feel like I’d miss the game after a few beers trying to get there lol 

Ten mins walk either way to the nearest tube. Not perfect, but certainly easy enough. Top gaff.

9 hours ago, Finley Parsons said:

No idea where we are heading is there a place a few of yous are going but not ahes away from the stadium

This! I live in London, I know what pubs are good....I want to know where the majority will be! Who wants to be in charge? lol

Edited by Jakemoore

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 21:21, Papasmurf said:

Some decent bars on Putney High Street. Not sure what it’s like for a Chelsea game but was fine after Fulham last year. 

Fox & Hounds (my local) is where I will be drinking on Sunday. Top of Putney High Street almost opposite main train station or few minutes walk from East Putney.

Mind you, as you said plenty of bars on the High Street. Putney Pies. Boathouse. Rocket. Revolution. Half Moon (brilliant for music) Coat & Badge. Jolly Gardners. Spotted Horse. Bricklayers Arms. Think I have covered a fair few.:D

Edited by PutneyFox