Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Rugby world cup 2019

25 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Surely not? A team of juggernauts but lack the higher gear and fluency of attacking play that NZ have. Plus the All Blacks already beat them. They'd be ahead of England and well ahead of Wales for 2nd best team though.

Not really to be honest, Wales have won their last two games against South Africa and England beat them in the Autumn. 

South Africa are the opposite side of the coin to the myth that the All Blacks are in decline. They've literally gone from being the team in "big trouble" and "major transition" to being one of the tournaments off the back of winning the Rugby Championship even though everyone was treating it like friendlies. 

What have they done in this WC other than smash a bunch of awful teams like flat track bullies, lose to New Zealand and make a struggle of Japan? 

Now, I'm not saying they're crap, in fact I think they will probably win this and then edge us because we're in awful form at the moment. 

But the notion that they're above the whole North is daft. If England player South Africa like they played Australia yesterday they'd win comfortably. 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

South Africa are so boring to watch though, last time they were exciting to watch was probably around 2007 and the Habana days.

Faf De Klerk is always entertaining to watch though...even playing for Sale.

Nothing to see here, move along please :ph34r:

Jaco Peyper: World Rugby investigates referee's picture with Wales fans

World Rugby has opened an investigation after South African referee Jaco Peyper appeared to mock sent-off France lock Sebastien Vahaamahina in a picture with Wales fans. In the picture Peyper's elbow is raised into a fan's chin hours after he sent off Vahaamahina for elbowing Aaron Wainwright in Wales' quarter-final win. Leading France official Serge Simon said if true the photo was "shocking".

World Rugby is trying to "establish the facts" surrounding the picture. French Rugby Federation vice-president Simon, a former France prop, said on Twitter: "This photo if it is true is shocking and explanations will be necessary."

Jaco Peyper poses with Wales fans

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50121693

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

Unbelievable to be honest, he must have been pissed. How can you put yourself in that position?

You'd hope so tbf. 

I mean it's clearly just a bunch of wankered boyos that have bumped in to him and asked for a photo. But it's a classic example of "you can't do that in 2019."

I mean it's pretty standard rugby humour let's be honest and what they're mocking wasn't even vaguely controversial. But eh. Yeah, stupid. 

Explains everything to me ...  the ref had obviously been given a right big wedge of cash to send that poor frog off ...   me and my mate Sean Dyche both thought it was incredibly harsh ...  the frog was clearly just reaching up to scratch his ear.    I call FOUL and demand a rematch ! ...   :mad:

• Haha 1