Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
irishfoxkev

Vardy’s record under threat

2 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

CLOSE THREAD !!!    It didn’t happen...It’s a figment of our imagination or a dream....

Just watched the programme Premier League Match Pack a half hour  long programme that previews the upcoming matches and is  broadcast by both Sky and BT Sport so it’s bound to be factual and have all their stats right....A couple of minutes into this evenings programme they remark on Aguero scoring against Watford last week and it being his 7th Premier League goal in consecutive matches QUOTE ....the first player to do that  since Romelu Lukaku in 2015.......Thought I was hearing things but rewound and have listened to it several times...So much so I now believe them and am distraught 😩. Going to the pub to sink a few beers and drown away my memories . What next 2015/2016 never happened...

Total incompetence by whoever produces this programme 😡😡

They are correct. Lukaku's run if seven straight games finished in December 2015, after Vardy scored 11. So Aguero is the first to score in 7 straight games since Lukaku is 2015.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Shows  just what an incredible achievement it was that even a striker in a team that creates as many chances as Man City do can't get close to Vardy's record

Helps if you start tbf. If he started ever single week I'm sure he'd have a great chance, but Pep will rest him every so often and that "game" becomes 20 minutes or so.