Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

3 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Do we still want him to be managing the team next season?

He needs a strong end and good start to next season. I really don't want another managerial change after 18 months, another massive pay-off and another period of uncertainty about who is coming in.

Start of next season is huge.

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, Corky said:

He needs a strong end and good start to next season. I really don't want another managerial change after 18 months, another massive pay-off and another period of uncertainty about who is coming in.

We can’t afford to sack him.

Hes got another £40m quid to run on his contract, plus his back room staff etc. We’re about to head into an almost unprecedented recession that King Power are not immune from.

Hes going to be here for at least another 2 years or until somebody comes in with a better offer for him.

I think he’s a fantastic coach who’s obviously got some massive blind spots. Let’s hope he can learn to fix them quick because otherwise we’re in for a disappointing few months.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Having had such a commanding lead, if we fail to get into Europe, what makes anyone think he can do any better next season?

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Having had such a commanding lead, if we fail to get into Europe, what makes anyone think he can do any better next season?

Maybe an overhaul of the squad, players fired up to put things right? Pearson has managed it before, we have to hope Rodgers gets something going. As ttfn said, we can't afford to sack him.

Not as good as he thinks he is.

I'm not advocating getting rid, as he's the best we've had in ages and we can't keep sacking managers, but ****ing hell, he has zero awareness.

No idea what he's doing in training because the football we are playing now is nothing like what got us to this position in the league.

However, let's be honest, we knew  our lack of recruitment in certain areas was going to come back to haunt us, shocking decision not to bring in an actual winger. We simply can't play this type of football if we don't have players capable of beating a man.

At least he was quicker with the subs today. :dunno:

Just now, ttfn said:

We can’t afford to sack him.

Hes got another £40m quid to run on his contract, plus his back room staff etc. We’re about to head into an almost unprecedented recession that King Power are not immune from.

Hes going to be here for at least another 2 years or until somebody comes in with a better offer for him.

I think he’s a fantastic coach who’s obviously got some massive blind spots. Let’s hope he can learn to fix them quick because otherwise we’re in for a disappointing few months.

What exactly is it in his past that leads anyone to believe he's a fantastic coach? Apart from winning a one team league he's never actually achieved anything to even suggest that. Arguably as soon as Gerrard took over Rangers he started to look vulnerable there as well.

My worry with brendan among other things is that he is being tactically outsmarted by less experienced managers. Look at it recently - lampard and potter. I can understand it with someone as experienced as Ancelotti and the way he set up second half. Why does he never put Evans/soyuncu up front for the last 5/10 mins when we’re losing? When he brings wingers on they don’t play wide and our reliance is on the full backs for width. 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Maybe an overhaul of the squad, players fired up to put things right? Pearson has managed it before, we have to hope Rodgers gets something going. As ttfn said, we can't afford to sack him.

NP is a different type of manager. I've a feeling that the players have started to see through Rodgers sharp shit repetitive blarney. Sadly you're right on the last point, but would you actually trust him in the transfer market?

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

NP is a different type of manager. I've a feeling that the players have started to see through Rodgers sharp shit repetitive blarney. Sadly you're right on the last point, but would you actually trust him in the transfer market?

Maybe they have, which is concerning given his man-management was a massive factor in not being Puel.

I'm not sure about the transfer market, we have to hope we improve in the right areas. Very much a case of fingers crossed currently.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

If that's true then why didn't he walk for the Arsenal job. He's made it harder to get away by taking the new contract.

Because I think he thought he had a dead cert chance of getting top 4 with us which would go well on his CV and going arsenal wasn't the right time. Now I reckon he wishes he'd have made that move

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Because I think he thought he had a dead cert chance of getting top 4 with us which would go well on his CV and going arsenal wasn't the right time. Now I reckon he wishes he'd have made that move

Why would he have to move if we gave him and his staff all the money they wanted?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I wish he had too. Compared with Arsenal though he had an easier more forgiving job here with better prospects in the short term. 

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

I'm pissed off but any talk of sacking him is daft imho. We're still on for a relatively successful season and I don't agree with sacking a guy at the first sign of trouble. Bin him off and the whole merry-go-round starts again.

Absolutely, I’m far from impressed by our performances since the turn of the year sacking the guy would be beyond daft.

• Like 1

Just now, Paddy. said:

I'm pissed off but any talk of sacking him is daft imho. We're still on for a relatively successful season and I don't agree with sacking a guy at the first sign of trouble. Bin him off and the whole merry-go-round starts again.

Agree. Who would want the job if we end up having our second best finish in the premiership and then sacking the manager?  

• Like 1