Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it's a lack of tactical knowhow is the problem, not his man management skills!!!

This is not his first season in a managerial capacity and situations like this are issues he would have previously encountered. The fact he has no answer to our decline in performance leads me to believe he is not good enough to sustain a top four pursuit nor be competitive in Europe.

His retention of Morgan and Fuchs must surely be for their leadership and a conduit to his players, it is time to use them and stop floundering because of his own shortcomings.

Christ 😆 

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it's a lack of tactical knowhow is the problem, not his man management skills!!!

This is not his first season in a managerial capacity and situations like this are issues he would have previously encountered. The fact he has no answer to our decline in performance leads me to believe he is not good enough to sustain a top four pursuit nor be competitive in Europe.

His retention of Morgan and Fuchs must surely be for their leadership and a conduit to his players, it is time to use them and stop floundering because of his own shortcomings.

How do you know he has a lack of tactical knowledge? It is not Football Manger!!!!  As all football fans we try to find a reason for loss of form,  the media helps fuel these conspiracy theories ... "he's lost the dressing room".  Most pros who have played under Rodgers generally speak very highly of him!  I'm not his greatest fan, but sometimes you have to give a Manager time at least 2-3 years to build something.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

None of our wingers would be getting a starting place or really much game time in any top four Prem side.

Kasper and our back four (when Ricardo is fit) with Ndidi sitting in front is class. Vardy Madders Praet Youri also quality.

After that we have squad players and not close to a comparable depth that other top 4-6 teams can field in competitions.

We have 10 players total who might compete to get in other top four-six sides. And only 8 of them were fit on Sunday.

We are still making that transition to the total football but haven’t got the personnel to play it to it’s full effect and create the chances and bury them. It’s what I’d call a shit brand of total football!

If we keep going we will get there - we looked more like ourselves against Chelsea and we will get better against the teams that park the bus and leave us no space too. 

2 new wingers is a must and Harvey needs to find a first touch and better balls in and tbh a better strike at goal too from somewhere - he’s just not quite there yet.

This 100% people need to pull their head out of the sand, below is the net spend of the last 5 years, we have punched above our weight since our return to the PL, coaching and good management only get you so far! Man U net spend of 200m this season is more then our net spend for 5 years.........

1. Man City – £601.98m
2. Man Utd – £484.88m
3. Arsenal – £267.88m
4. Everton – £225.42m
5. Brighton – £214.86m
6. Wolves – £205.22m
7. West Ham – £187.49m
8. Bournemouth – £176.95m
9. Aston Villa – £166.65m
10. Watford – £125.69m
11. Leicester City – £124.83m
12. Newcastle – £122.91m
13. Chelsea – £115.57m
14. Liverpool – £107.58m
15. Tottenham – £106.62m
16. Crystal Palace – £75.69m
17. Burnley – £59.4m
18. Sheffield United – £56.71m
19. Southampton – £22.32m
20. Norwich City – £25.42m profit

Edited by coolhandfox

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

This 100% pull need to pull there head out of the sand, below is the net spend of the last 5 years, we have punched above our weight since our return to the PL, coaching and good management only get you so far! 

1. Man City – £601.98m
2. Man Utd – £484.88m
3. Arsenal – £267.88m
4. Everton – £225.42m
5. Brighton – £214.86m
6. Wolves – £205.22m
7. West Ham – £187.49m
10. Watford – £125.69m
12. Newcastle – £122.91m
13. Chelsea – £115.57m
14. Liverpool – £107.58m
15. Tottenham – £106.62m
17. Burnley – £59.4m

...the only thing that really stands out from this is how well Klopp has done since he has taken the role!!!

Yes we have done well in view of our acquisitions and sales and for a club of our size, probably in relation to spend just where we should be.

• Like 1

Just on the face of it, brendan doesn't look like he has it in him to give the boys a real telling off for the poor form they have shown as it's probably not his style. But I think that's what we need at the moment. Someone to question them to get the best out of them, I know that would fire up Vardy, Maddison, etc.. 

This may be one of his biggest flaws as I reckon he's a good person to keep morale high when it's going well but he probably needs to create an alter ego to let the players know they've let him down after some of the recent performances. 

58 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

This 100% people need to pull their head out of the sand, below is the net spend of the last 5 years, we have punched above our weight since our return to the PL, coaching and good management only get you so far! Man U net spend of 200m this season is more then our net spend for 5 years.........

1. Man City – £601.98m
2. Man Utd – £484.88m
3. Arsenal – £267.88m
4. Everton – £225.42m
5. Brighton – £214.86m
6. Wolves – £205.22m
7. West Ham – £187.49m
10. Watford – £125.69m
12. Newcastle – £122.91m
13. Chelsea – £115.57m
14. Liverpool – £107.58m
15. Tottenham – £106.62m
17. Burnley – £59.4m

5 years is a too long period as it includes our post title spending where we splashed out.

Last 3 seasons or so we are close to break even or even possibly a negative spend.

• Like 1

I want to start by saying I was actually against Rodgers being appointed. I didn't think he delivered the type of football many on here claimed he did BUT since taking over, he has won me over. 

There is no doubt that our form since christmas has been worrying, HOWEVER, we CAN'T keep moving the goalposts on our managers! 

At the start of the season, most on here were saying that top 6 was the aim and I'm fairly confident when I say it was probably the boards goal also. We now have a manager delivering on that were the last couple failed and we are giving him stick because it is ONLY top 6 and not top 4! It is mental!!

Now doubt that 6th place would be disappointing considering were we where at one point in the season but he is still hitting expectation and target and when cant get the pitch forks out because he had the team over achieving at one point. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Just on the face of it, brendan doesn't look like he has it in him to give the boys a real telling off for the poor form they have shown as it's probably not his style. But I think that's what we need at the moment. Someone to question them to get the best out of them, I know that would fire up Vardy, Maddison, etc.. 

This may be one of his biggest flaws as I reckon he's a good person to keep morale high when it's going well but he probably needs to create an alter ego to let the players know they've let him down after some of the recent performances. 

We don't see what happens behind the scenes though. I'd like to think the squad also polices itself slightly with the likes of Schmeichel and Morgan when it comes to effort. 

We do however know this squad has the tendency to down tools as soon as they have some form of disagreement with a manager hence I think you are unlikely to ever get a form of criticism in public. 

19 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

A good rule of thumb is to ignore posters who have a tendency to use a lot of exclamation marks. If their point was any good, they'd not feel the need to.

Rubbish !!!!!!!!!!!!'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

12 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

The starting XI is not a top 4 team 

they have massively over achieved 

I agree that we likely have a top 6 side. Which makes this collapse even more disappointing as our best hope of champions league football has likely ended. We cant compete with Man united, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal in the transfer market. 

I think we played to our teams strengths and every player was at their peak performance first half of the season. The second half of the season I can not understand at all, I will take a drop off in performance as it is impossible for a club our size to maintain peak form for a whole season. However to have only 2 league wins since Christmas with this side is alarming. Wolves on paper have a similar squad, in my opinion. Yet they have played a lot more games due to Europe and seem to have carried on their good form all season without such a drastic decline in performances as we have had. 

• Like 2

Has anyone mentioned that one of the best fullbacks in Europe and our player of the year last year and contender this year picks up a season long injury, might be a tiny bit to do with our attacking out put. Remember when he picked the ball up he would just run with it and we are immediately on the attack, we are missing his skills for sure, but w e have to adapt without him and to be honest I believe we're doing ok, but we need to adapt very quickly without the squad strength so we could lose again ,let's hope not

We are a young team with bags of talent that can, at times, play some sublime football, and also some naive play at times which is mainly to do with experience or not being good enough which is not really Brendans fault, a s yet. Liverpool gave Klopp 4 seasons and a endless transfer chest.

Let's give him a little more time to mould a team that can play to his philosophy. 

Edited by Gwyn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gwyn said:

Has anyone mentioned that one of the best fullbacks in Europe and our player of the year last year and contender this year picks up a season long injury, might be a tiny bit to do with our attacking out put. Remember when he picked the ball up he would just run with it and we are immediately on the attack, we are missing his skills for sure, but w e have to adapt without him and to be honest I believe we're doing ok, but we need to adapt very quickly without the squad strength so we could lose again ,let's hope not

We are a young team with bags of talent that can, at times, play some sublime football, and also some naive play at times which is mainly to do with experience or not being good enough which is not really Brendans fault, a s yet. Liverpool gave Klopp 4 seasons and a endless transfer chest.

Let's give him a little more time to mould a team that can play to his philosophy. 

It's a tricky one. Is it Godwin's Law where people liken everything to Hitler to the point of meaninglessness? As Leicester fans, we're naturally prone to doing the same with Peter Taylor when we see a manager have an initial impact with someone else's team, then suffer a collapse. We forget the managers who turned things around after a shocking run and tend to say 'Remember 2001? Should we really let this guy loose with a transfer budget?'

But there are lessons to be learned from 2001. Taylor, like Rodgers, favoured possession football and talked a great game. He was hugely respected by his peers. When things went going wrong in March and April there were lots of voices saying 'stop complaining, we're 4th... we're 5th... we're 6th... what were we expecting?' Long after the slump was underway we were hearing what a fantastic job he'd done, and there was widespread criticism when we sacked him, even though it was already too late. Before that, we convinced ourselves that he needed a second summer to build and failed to notice that he'd done a lousy job of building in the first.

Rodgers' transfer history, and the fact that he has experienced similar slumps in his career and been unable to address them, should mean we have various contingencies right now. One for the CL. Another if the slump continues. The latter shouldn't involve sacking Rodgers, but it should involve him being kept on a very short leash with his team-building, possibly with a shake-up of his coaching team, and with one eye on possible future appointments.

As for Pereira, I agree that we'll feel his absence keenly, but it's not good enough to use that as an excuse for our current form. After all, part of the concern is that we'd struggled for goals before the break too, and while we hammered Villa in his last game, we had failed to score in the previous three EPL games with him in the side. We have to be careful not to make excuses in advance for our failure - we're too young (not exactly true, given the average age of our side), our players aren't good enough (even though their market value is among the highest in the EPL), and we're missing player A or player B (even though we were equally substandard with them in the side). If we do that then we'll get what we deserve.

Edited by inckley fox
grammar!
  • Thanks 1

I hope we get a win tonight! if you gonna take any positives, we could of scored 3 goals in the first 20 minutes in the last game, sadly we couldn't get it in the net.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

A good rule of thumb is to ignore posters who have a tendency to use a lot of exclamation marks. If their point was any good, they'd not feel the need to.

That’s rather punctuationist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I tend to ignore posters who say " A good rule of thumb"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2