Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

Let's not confuse making few mistakes and the right choice in a pass as boring. He is technically very good and his passing range especially in tight spaces when under pressure is sh*t hot. Certainly a lot better than some of the garbage I saw in the first half from some of our so called 'star players'.

Keep calling him boring. Hopefully everyone else will think the same and no-one will buy him.

• Like 4

I don't think he's had a bad game for us yet, I really like him. One of the most complete midfielders you'll see really, he can do a bit of everything.

My only criticism I can find is that sometimes he takes a bit long to release the ball, which is natural for a player who's come from a few seasons in Serie A. 

For us to have had a player of his quality on the bench for most of the season shows the level that we are at, because 12-18 months ago he would've been our star player.

• Like 1

Dennis has quietly established himself, deservedly, as our primary midfield starter now.  Whilst not being the set-piece chance taker, he produces excellent passes, decent tackles, moves around the pitch well and has found himself with several shots on goal (Norwich again last week).

If he could find that finish (same as Barnes/Perez) he really would stand out.

The lad is quality and yet again our recruitment has been superb.

5 hours ago, jaylcfc94 said:

another player who is just simple that’s it really. a southampton / west ham level player. Jack of all trades master of none. 

Have you actually watched him play? He's currently our best midfielder so by your theory the rest of our midfielders must be championship level? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

still yet to be convinced that he’s anything other than a slightly more foreign looking andy king tbh 

I disagree. I get that he doesn’t excel at anything in the same way that Maddison and Tielemans do but he’s very solid. He’s showed a lot since he’s come in imo.

Our bad run in form coincides with him starting more games that’s because he doesn’t add anything defensively or going forward. He’s not Ndidi and he’s not Tielemans or Maddison. He’s not even in the middle. I’m not sure what he’s good at. 

2 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Our bad run in form coincides with him starting more games that’s because he doesn’t add anything defensively or going forward. He’s not Ndidi and he’s not Tielemans or Maddison. He’s not even in the middle. I’m not sure what he’s good at. 

Except it doesn’t. Our form probably coincides with tough games and Vardy being injured?

He played an important role in games early on in the season eg Chelsea, Sheffield United and Newcastle games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Except it doesn’t. Our form probably coincides with tough games and Vardy being injured?

He played an important role in games early on in the season eg Chelsea, Sheffield United and Newcastle games.

Hmmm. Last 6 league matches. 

Started 4. Lost 4. Southampton, Burnley, Man City,  Norwich. 

On the bench twice. Not lost either. 

Against better teams in Wolves and Chelsea too. 

2 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Hmmm. Last 6 league matches. 

Started 4. Lost 4. Southampton, Burnley, Man City,  Norwich. 

On the bench twice. Not lost either. 

Against better teams in Wolves and Chelsea too. 

I take your point but I don’t agree personally. For me he’s come out as one of the best players in most of the games so to stick the blame on him is harsh.

3 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Last 5 Praet starts: 

LLLLL

Last 5 not start: 

WWWDD

Hmmm...seems whenever he starts we don’t win recently. 

Misleading stats. The five that he’s not started were in games when we are in good form and it’s worth noting that he played an important role when he came on.

26 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I disagree. I get that he doesn’t excel at anything in the same way that Maddison and Tielemans do but he’s very solid. He’s showed a lot since he’s come in imo.

21 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

He’s definitely a more intelligent footballer than Tielemans. Makes clever little runs just to drag players out of position and create space. 

1 hour ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

not confuse making few mistakes and the right choice in a pass as boring. He is technically very good and his passing range especially in tight spaces when under pressure is sh*t hot. Certainly a lot better than some of the garbage I saw in the first half from some of our so called 'star players'.

Keep calling him boring. Hopefully everyone else will think the same and no-one will buy him.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think some of the indifference for poor old Dennis is very harsh. As someone said, he keeps it ticking over, no showboating (THAT pass excluded), just sort of gets on with it, keeps the tempo up, relentless type.

Big fan :appl:

literally go back to any andy king thread and this is what we were all saying about him except we were told he was a “waste of space”, “invisible” and “didn’t do anything”. 

i think praet’s alright and he’s tidy enough but he doesn’t really do much. there’s a very fine line between “keeping things ticking over” or “creating space” and simply just not doing much at all. 

edit - just to say i’m not comparing him ability wise to kingy. just think he’s a similar type of player, except without the goal scoring or the funny face. 

Edited by ScouseFox
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Wow, these sorts of comments astound me..... and also disappoint me 

1 minute ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Can’t be that shocked you do read a lot of rubbish on here.

It is amazing though how theres been poor form from Maddison/Tielemans and suddenly Praet is our saviour. 

Hes is a very good tidy player who offers consistency but will never have the individual talent that the other two have.

However, at least he’s actually putting in some decent performances, Tielemans and Maddison especially need to pull their finger out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

just out of interest what would you say praet is incredibly good at? i think it’s a reasonable point unless you want to tell me something obvious i’ve been missing. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

just out of interest what would you say praet is incredibly good at? i think it’s a reasonable point unless you want to tell me something obvious i’ve been missing. 

I think he's a good all round box to box midfielder, he can tackle, he's very comfortable in possession and can pick out a pass, not to mention he has great work rate and he's technically very sound.

He regular gets in the Belgium squad which isnt a given to be fair with the talent they have.

His problem here is that he's not a set defensive midfielder so wont oust ndidi and he's not a set number 10 meaning he wont oust maddison. Its trying to fit him into our system as best as possible but he never lets us down when he plays and he's a great option to have in the squad

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I think he's a good all round box to box midfielder, he can tackle, he's very comfortable in possession and can pick out a pass, not to mention he has great work rate and he's technically very sound.

He regular gets in the Belgium squad which isnt a given to be fair with the talent they have.

His problem here is that he's not a set defensive midfielder so wont oust ndidi and he's not a set number 10 meaning he wont oust maddison. Its trying to fit him into our system as best as possible but he never lets us down when he plays and he's a great option to have in the squad

14th in the average passes per game for our squad, 14th in the key passes per game, 10th in tackles per game, 10th in interceptions per game, 1 goal in 20 apps this season, etc etc 

like i said you are all right in claiming he is "tidy" and "keeps things ticking over" but that very quickly becomes another way of saying he's not actually doing anything of note. 

when we get our proper midfield 3 of youri, wilf and maddison back fit and firing we will become a much better team for it, because they all have their roles and all have their main attributes and none of them are there just to "look steady". 

• Like 2