Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

Can't fault his performance today and I don't see how anyone else could. 

Good close control in his game and also spread some lovely balls out to the wings. Some of the skill he showed as well was nice to see on top of keeping things simple. 

Should be praised a lot today and rightly so. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Think these two quotes sum up the situation very well. When Tielemans came on, you could see the x-factor he brings, but Praet is in better form at the moment and makes more of an all round difference to the team. Praet does the ugly things well and is hardly a slouch in terms of creativity. He doesn't give it away as much as Tielemans does either, though this is because Youri is more of a risk taker.

Actually my suggestion would be to drop Maddison for TIelemans and keep Praet, because Madders is off form at the moment. Praet is bang in form right now and I think will turn out to be a big player for us over the next few season. Maddison and TIelemans probably end up leaving us at some point, but Praet is likely to end up remaining a good servant for us.

I am not opposed to resting Maddison for Youri but who would take our corners and free kicks? Albrighton?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wow, just wow! Maybe it’s because I play central midfield myself, but I was thoroughly impressed by Dennis tonight. He was the complete player; pressing the game, passing beautifully, creating chances and getting stuck in with some terrific challenges. Youri Tielemans is one of my favourite players and an absolute Rolls Royce on his day, but Praet is for me our best player at the moment and complimented Ndidi superbly. 

The scary thing is he can even better! I’ve said a few times before that I think he should play with more arrogance and demand the ball a lot more. This guy has the all round game to run the match to his tune. I look at players like KDB and Bruno Fernandes and that’s what they have to elevate them to a higher level. 

For me he’s now playing somewhere near his best and has proven to be a superb signing. 

I've been saying it all along, Strider.  My belief in Praet has never wavered even when he was in Siberia for some reason.

What I liked especially today was the way Praet moved into space both to create and disrupt - right, left, middle of the pitch.  He does all the little things that lead to big things, and we really have no one else - even at their best - who's that kind of player.  There's more than a whiff of total football to Dennis - as I've noted before, he would have thrived in the Cruyff system.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Think these two quotes sum up the situation very well. When Tielemans came on, you could see the x-factor he brings, but Praet is in better form at the moment and makes more of an all round difference to the team. Praet does the ugly things well and is hardly a slouch in terms of creativity. He doesn't give it away as much as Tielemans does either, though this is because Youri is more of a risk taker.

Actually my suggestion would be to drop Maddison for TIelemans and keep Praet, because Madders is off form at the moment. Praet is bang in form right now and I think will turn out to be a big player for us over the next few season. Maddison and TIelemans probably end up leaving us at some point, but Praet is likely to end up remaining a good servant for us.

Yeah, I would drop Maddison too. He is off form at the moment and he also drags Tielemans down with his need for the ball. I would also rather Praet and Tielemans at the moment. They had a game together earlier in the season and I thought they played really well together.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think making Tielemans and Maddison compete for a spot whilst we give Praet a run out in the team could be what's best for the two of them. Would be interesting to see if the two of them elevate their game when getting put under significant pressure like that.

Agree.

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Tielemans was quite known for his free kicks before coming here, idk about his corners

I am sure Tielemans can take corners. Barnes also used to take corners for WBA so I think he can too. Of course if Albrighton plays, so can he.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

I've been saying it all along, Strider.  My belief in Praet has never wavered even when he was in Siberia for some reason.

What I liked especially today was the way Praet moved into space both to create and disrupt - right, left, middle of the pitch.  He does all the little things that lead to big things, and we really have no one else - even at their best - who's that kind of player.  There's more than a whiff of total football to Dennis - as I've noted before, he would have thrived in the Cruyff system.

I agree with your observations. He is also a selfless player. I really like him. Without the little things, we are not as effective as a team. Also, having Ndidi back is a big help.

28 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I am sure Tielemans can take corners. Barnes also used to take corners for WBA so I think he can too. Of course if Albrighton plays, so can he.

Tielemans has taken corners for us several times with Maddison off the pitch.  He's fine.

9 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think making Tielemans and Maddison compete for a spot whilst we give Praet a run out in the team could be what's best for the two of them. Would be interesting to see if the two of them elevate their game when getting put under significant pressure like that.

Nah. Straight to the bare knuckle cage fight to sort out who wants to make up the trio with Wilf and Dennis.

I have been saying we needed to enforce a change in our performances recently, what we had been doing had become tired and predictable. Tielemans and Maddison have no longer found the time and space to make those exceptional forward passes and as neither are blessed with the unglamorous side of the game we've at times been too easy to play against. Ndidi being back will obviously help massively but Praet has an incredible work rate that compliments the team well and right now I think it's needed. Maddison still seems to be a little off sorts and there's an argument he should be rested for Youri for a game or two.

I just love Dennis Praet! 🥰😂 He is growing and improving every game. He was brilliant yesterday and deserves to start every game at the moment. Teamed up great with Ndidi!  What a great signing he was. 👏👏👏

Edited by Hales
  • Like 4

Looked good anytime I've seen him this season, proving to be a very astute signing.  I know they are different types of players but Tielemans will have a job on his hands to get back into the side given how well Praet and Ndidi look to dovetail.  I know there was a lot of hype about him during his loan spell last season but every time I've watched him this season I really don't see it with him at all.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Thanks 1

What an astute signing he has turned out to be. He put on an impressive performance yesterday and was all over the pitch. Reminded me much of Drinkwater in his heyday before he thought he was too good for us.

Edited by oldbluefox