Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

15 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

We’ve just scratched the surface with Praet.  I think he’s going to hit the ground running whenever we start back up and make a serious push to be considered our best player.  No exaggeration.  You could see he had something special even when he was adjusting.

I think the only reason he hasn't is because Rodgers seems to favour Tielemans even when he is out of form.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2020 at 10:29, Deeg67 said:

We’ve just scratched the surface with Praet.  I think he’s going to hit the ground running whenever we start back up and make a serious push to be considered our best player.  No exaggeration.  You could see he had something special even when he was adjusting.

is this a joke mate? There’s a reason sampidora weren’t fussed. he won’t be in our team or any of our rivals. He is a very average player. I believe he would be suited to a sheffield united. 

Edited by jaylcfc94
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think the only reason he hasn't is because Rodgers seems to favour Tielemans even when he is out of form.

rodgers favours tielemans simply because he is a much better player who has stand out attributes. It’s really that simple. 

He plays ahead of him for belgium and plays ahead of him for his club. Can’t all be wrong...

On 09/05/2020 at 10:02, les-tah said:

Praet is our most complete midfielder and all rounder I feel.. he can tackle he can pass and he can move and attack. He was also out most inform at the end of this season

‘all rounder’. yes a player who is okay at everything but not good at anything. Not good enough for where we want to be. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Praet is a very tidy footballer. If we need someone in a game to keep possession and play it simple, he's definitely the man. He's not the guy who will unlock defences on a regular basis. 

Having Wilfred N'didi doing our dirty work allows us to play with two midfielders in Maddison and Tielemans who are far more adventurous as players. If we didn't have a player as good as Ndidi who does the job of two players, I think we'd benefit playing Praet over Tielemans. 

2 hours ago, jaylcfc94 said:

is this a joke mate? There’s a reason sampidora weren’t fussed. he won’t be in our team or any of our rivals. He is a very average player. I believe he would be suited to a sheffield united. 

God i love it when you post; first we had your weird dislike of Barnes, now moved on to Praet. 

You’re either blind, a bit special or watch another player. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

rodgers favours tielemans simply because he is a much better player who has stand out attributes. It’s really that simple. 

He plays ahead of him for belgium and plays ahead of him for his club. Can’t all be wrong...

‘all rounder’. yes a player who is okay at everything but not good at anything. Not good enough for where we want to be. 

Tielemans has been very inconsistent this season though. He had a decent start but then apart from isolated games most games I watched he just seemed to do ok, his influence on the game when he doesn't have the ball is really poor. He also had a couple of real stinkers.

Sheffield Utd are one win away from CL placing. They are effectively our rivals...

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Praet is a very tidy footballer. If we need someone in a game to keep possession and play it simple, he's definitely the man. He's not the guy who will unlock defences on a regular basis. 

Having Wilfred N'didi doing our dirty work allows us to play with two midfielders in Maddison and Tielemans who are far more adventurous as players. If we didn't have a player as good as Ndidi who does the job of two players, I think we'd benefit playing Praet over Tielemans. 

he’s a player you bring on with 15 mins to go to keep it tight and keep the ball which ironically is how most of the time he’s been used. 

met some Belgium lads on holiday last year in Majorca and they were all over him as a very good player.Looks solid alert no fancy stuff but wilf woud be first pick and then it depends o the opposition if you go with tilly or dennis.Good man to have

Guest An Sionnach

We might all get old waiting for Tielemans to live up to his potential but Praet is already up and running. Ten solid performances from Denis trumps one brilliant and nine mediocre from Youri for me.

Edited by An Sionnach

52 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We might all good get old waiting for Tielemans to live up to his potential but Praet is already up and running. Ten solid performances from Denis trumps one brilliant and nine mediocre from Youri for me.

That assist against Brentford still amazes me to this day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

We might all good get old waiting for Tielemans to live up to his potential but Praet is already up and running. Ten solid performances from Denis trumps one brilliant and nine mediocre from Youri for me.

a mediocre tielemans is both better and more beneficial to our team than a “solid” praet 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Rodgers has proved himself quite deferential to the egos of the players who make the most money.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

well leicester city are 3rd in the premier league, which with the exception of 2016 is a freaky season and our best since the 1960s; so think tielemans playing centre mid all season has probably been "good"

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

Never really understood why we need Tielemans when Maddison is our principal playmaker, if he was a consistent goalscorer like Lampard then yes, but not much evidence of that so far.

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Never really understood why we need Tielemans when Maddison is our principal playmaker, if he was a consistent goalscorer like Lampard then yes, but not much evidence of that so far.

He was pretty consistent at scoring and assisting goals all of last season when he was on loan. 

More of a fitness issue surely? 

20 hours ago, jaylcfc94 said:

You made yourself look stupid on here not too long ago by slating Harvey Barnes. Looks like you're now on the case of Praet.

I personally rate Praet quite highly and believe he will continue to improve when he establishes himself in our side, which will make you look stupid again based on your comments about him. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

...it would be nice to have the goals as part of his contribution!!!

My problem is, he has been pretty lacklustre and more importantly, unable to control the team whether it is tempo or keeping the players aware of what they should be doing. I can foresee the issues he had at Monaco playing out here and we will need to cover this position. Bringing in Buendia to that role would be a more than suitable replacement.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone for the life of me tell me why Dennis Praet wasnt played instead of mendy last night? Even for one half with his recent injury. Just when we need a technically direct passer of the ball instead we get our least best DM making runs forward like a headless chicken. 

Unless BR has a plan and is splitting or strictly rotating certain players for certain games them I'm a bit lost on this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SO1

I'm curious about a pre game(cp) and replay today of a water break during the Everton match(sky). Rodgers was very emotional with who I think was Praet on the sideline. Interesting stuff for Rodgers who usually is so calm.