Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

8 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Dennis is a very capable player. I think he's got a solid all round game, just doesn't 'currently' excel in anyone facet. He's almost the perfect blend between Wilf (tackler) & Madders/Youri (creative). He will improve and represents very good scouting as he was an unknown to me.

Praet's been in and around Belgium's international squad since 2014, and has eight or nine caps. Hardly the same as Mahrez/Kanté scouting.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2020 at 08:24, shade said:

I'm going to be controversial here, I think he scuffed an attempted ball over the top, if you watch the gif, he doesn't look in Justin's direction, not even a glance, the angles also seem like he wouldn't have been aware of Justin who was starting his run from way back and obscured by players, I may of course be wrong though.

I was wrong, just watched the BBC highlights from the other angle and he definitely does look over at Justin, fair play to the guy, it was quality!

On 27/01/2020 at 12:10, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Musa was captain of Nigeria. Your point?

Your original post said " He will improve and represents very good scouting as he was an unknown to me." My point was that as Praet was/is a member of Belgium's international squad, so finding him didn't represent particularly good scouting. My apologies if I offended you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Praet gives you a bit of everything, perhaps our most complete midfielder. I think if he was playing more regularly his level would be more consistent, and imho he would get in most PL first XI's easily.

I agree but think he needs to be in a set-up like ours. Couldn’t see him doing particularly well somewhere like Villa, Sheffield Utd or Watford. 

I love Praet, wonder if he’ll get a start tonight. (Wouldn’t have thought so)

• Like 1

On 26/01/2020 at 08:24, shade said:

I'm going to be controversial here, I think he scuffed an attempted ball over the top, if you watch the gif, he doesn't look in Justin's direction, not even a glance, the angles also seem like he wouldn't have been aware of Justin who was starting his run from way back and obscured by players, I may of course be wrong though.

There's also no one trying to make a run in behind, so I hope he wasn't trying a ball over the top given that he takes a look at what's on. The fact Justin is the only player running forwards, whilst everyone else is coming deeper to show for the ball, makes me think it was intended. The whole 'did he mean it' thing is only being questioned because it was such an outrageous pass to pull off.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought he did very well today. Sure there was one point where he was being closed down by a few players in our own box, and not only did he not lose the ball (which was what it looked like would happen) but managed to play an excellent forwards pass to one of our own, breaking through their press.

2 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Thought he did very well today. Sure there was one point where he was being closed down by a few players in our own box, and not only did he not lose the ball (which was what it looked like would happen) but managed to play an excellent forwards pass to one of our own, breaking through their press.

His YouTube highlights videos showed his ability to manoeuvre his way out of tight spaces was one of his best attributes. 

Our best midfielder tonight by a street