Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

Praet cost less than half of what Tielemans did, i think?

staggering.

Or one quarter of Harry..........that is even more staggering as I suspect most would prefer Praet over Slab-head in terms of value for money?

You know sometimes I forget how far this club has come in recent years. A player like Praet reminds me. He is vastly talented who would walk into Leicester teams I grew up supporting. Great touch, good reading of the game and a superb passer. Having a guy like him step in when an equally talented Tielemans is struggling somewhat with form is great to have. While our squad is lacking in some areas, we do have talent in reserve which is down to good recruitment.

• Haha 1

He's a hell of a player, it's mental that we have players of his quality filling up our squad, he wouldn't look out of place in most teams in Europe I reckon - not as a standout, but as a gritty midfielder who does the basics well, spins out of trouble nicely and keeps our tempo high.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wow, just wow! Maybe it’s because I play central midfield myself, but I was thoroughly impressed by Dennis tonight. He was the complete player; pressing the game, passing beautifully, creating chances and getting stuck in with some terrific challenges. Youri Tielemans is one of my favourite players and an absolute Rolls Royce on his day, but Praet is for me our best player at the moment and complimented Ndidi superbly. 

The scary thing is he can even better! I’ve said a few times before that I think he should play with more arrogance and demand the ball a lot more. This guy has the all round game to run the match to his tune. I look at players like KDB and Bruno Fernandes and that’s what they have to elevate them to a higher level. 

For me he’s now playing somewhere near his best and has proven to be a superb signing. 

all of the above and more for me.

praet and to an extent tielemans are the sort of players who play the pass before the assist. like a miralem pjanic, amadou diawara, toni kroos, xavi they help 'move the chains of the team', this helps particularly when teams arent playing 1 long ball counter attacks (like our title season) where we want to move MOST of the team from a defensive phase of play to an attacking phase. additionally this means that when we do get to attack we have more than 1 or 2 passing options (see mainly vardy and mahrez in our title year) and can sustain the attack longer and keep teams penned in, much like we did against villa last night 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everything is so effortless for him, always looking to get on the ball, has a magic touch and his range of passing is a joy to watch, delighted hes getting a run in the team, can genuinely see him being a vital player for us for seasons to come

• Like 1

On 10/03/2020 at 16:05, mozartfox said:

Or one quarter of Harry..........that is even more staggering as I suspect most would prefer Praet over Slab-head in terms of value for money?

Yes, but we only paid about 17m for slabhead so in that respect he was even better value because we got 80m for him. Buy low, sell high.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Kuredufox said:

Dennis was at Knighton Park yesterday with his peronal trainer. He looked in really good shape and it will not take him long to get up to full speed. We certainly have a great player on our hands and next year he will really push on.

I hope they live together ............

7 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Praet is our most complete midfielder and all rounder I feel.. he can tackle he can pass and he can move and attack. He was also out most inform at the end of this season

He has one good game vs Villa. He's calm, tidy enough with his passing but we were in dreadful form prior to that for a few months where I couldn't see what else he was offering

• Like 1
  • Haha 2