Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

If anybody is steadying our ship right now its Praet. The passing is more composed especially in and around him. I think Rodgers is using him more and more as a box to box player with a little more licence to roam, as he played when at sampdoria. If Maddison can be pushed further up I think we'd start getting better results.

Madderz is definitely one of the problems we have - just when we need him between the lines behind the striker, he goes walkabout...

• Like 1

Love Praeters. He isn't afraid to get stuck in with tackles and get in the box like our other midfielders. He also rarely gives the ball away, that's the main way I was able to identify him when it could have been Albrighton or Maddison. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/02/2020 at 00:07, Mark said:

Whilst he’s one of those ‘does a job’ types, we’ve lost the last 5 league games he’s started now, like Perez he’s not what we needed.

I see where you’re coming from.

I still think we need to find a way to get Tielemans in the team. Looking at our winning stats alone we seem to win more when YT is playing. 

Its good that Praet is playing well but as a team we are playing shite, maybe just a coincidence but there’s also a reason YT is first choice CM in the Belgium side 

32 minutes ago, Guppy Assist said:

Praet was our best player last night, kept the ball moving, played in a variety of roles in the midfield and looked impressive.  He's in for a while now.

He's performing the Joe Allen role at Swansea that Rodgers is a big fan of. A number 6/8 hybrid that keeps recycling the ball and keeps the ball moving. Generally keeping it simple but moving fast and rarely giving it away. It's a role that doesn't always look the most exciting but is important to the team.

The only issue is that as a team whilst this role gives you a good base to build on, it's up to other members of the team to use that base to make things happen. And as we all know all of our forwards in atrocious form so we are struggling badly. Perhaps last night with Gray and Albrighton on the pitch it's not the best example as those players have become squad options for a reason, but Maddison, Tielemans, Perez and even Barnes have been lacklustre in recent weeks, leading to our downturn in form.

But none of that is Dennis Praet's fault, who is starting to blossom into his role at the club. Nice to see him on the winning team for once as well, as he's got the unfortunate knack of playing well for us, but seeing us lose the game when he starts. 

I imagine he will start the game against Villa, maybe ahead of Tielemans again. He deserves to!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

I can see both sides of Praet debate, I like home and there is definitely a place for him. However he needs those Infront of him to perform better. So many times last night he was looking for pass but noone was showing for him. 

I love it because he actually goes looking for the ball with purpose and you can see that he's looking for a perfect pass but that no one is making the runs in behind.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's performing the Joe Allen role at Swansea that Rodgers is a big fan of. A number 6/8 hybrid that keeps recycling the ball and keeps the ball moving. Generally keeping it simple but moving fast and rarely giving it away. It's a role that doesn't always look the most exciting but is important to the team.

The only issue is that as a team whilst this role gives you a good base to build on, it's up to other members of the team to use that base to make things happen. And as we all know all of our forwards in atrocious form so we are struggling badly. Perhaps last night with Gray and Albrighton on the pitch it's not the best example as those players have become squad options for a reason, but Maddison, Tielemans, Perez and even Barnes have been lacklustre in recent weeks, leading to our downturn in form.

But none of that is Dennis Praet's fault, who is starting to blossom into his role at the club. Nice to see him on the winning team for once as well, as he's got the unfortunate knack of playing well for us, but seeing us lose the game when he starts. 

I imagine he will start the game against Villa, maybe ahead of Tielemans again. He deserves to!

This.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

If anybody is steadying our ship right now its Praet. The passing is more composed especially in and around him. I think Rodgers is using him more and more as a box to box player with a little more licence to roam, as he played when at sampdoria. If Maddison can be pushed further up I think we'd start getting better results.

Then how about...front 6

Ndidi

Tielemans.  Praet

Maddison

Vardy.       Nacho/Barnes

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I feel a little sorry for him as all he's got is bit parts. However I think the best is still to come from him. He is good on the Ball has an eye for Goal and is happy to get about the pitch. I don't think he's being used correctly by BR.

I'd prefer to see him playing the advance role with Maddison backed up by Tielemans playing the holding role with NDiddi.

Maddison is trying to be everywhere which is robing him of vital energy when opportunities present themselves.

With Maddison on the left and Praet on the right I feel we would have a better balance and so produce more Goals.

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Then how about...front 6

Ndidi

Tielemans.  Praet

Maddison

I'd go with this

NDiddi    Tielemans

Praet      Maddison

Vardy      Barnes

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Then how about...front 6

Ndidi

Tielemans.  Praet

Maddison

You beat me to me thinking! We are lacking height so for me having 2 wingers makes no sense right now. 

Praet         Ndidi      

Tielemans                  Maddison 

Vardy          Nacho

Tielemans speed and stamina worries me so I'd have him centrally where his attributes are best, plus he'd have cover from ricky and Praet. I haven't put barnes in there because I think our team needs to stick to what is does best and that's playing through teams not around them with out more skilful players.

Think some of the indifference for poor old Dennis is very harsh. As someone said, he keeps it ticking over, no showboating (THAT pass excluded), just sort of gets on with it, keeps the tempo up, relentless type.

Big fan :appl:

• Like 4