Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

He might have been not selected because of injury....;)

25 man squads, players are going to be rotated.  He played 90 minutes in the first friendly so not surprising he'd sit out the second.

23 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Always seems to be in and around the Belgian first team. 
I still think there’s a good player in Dennis

Its just finding his best position. Where does he play for Belgium?

He’s not some mystery teenager. When we bought him, his manager at Sampdoria said they lost the best midfielder in Serie A. 

• Like 1

On 06/06/2021 at 16:54, fuchsntf said:

look what Vardy has done.Even Justin,Castagna,Ricardo before their injuries....they started to take on more responsibilities.

Todays players are not tied to One position/style of play....Its more the fans who forget or are  unflexible in thought...

This forum can be somewhat slow on pick-up on modern  players utility/flexible capabilities...

There's a fixation on pegs for holes. In life as well as footer. Second thing we ask someone after their name is 'what do you do?'.

You remember 'total footballing' - every Dutch player capable of expanding his role in that '74 side. Most Brazil defenders of that era were exceptional in holding a ball, advancing and shooting.

Justin is a modern version of the complete player. I hope BR learns to view his players with more freedom. Intelligent players can adapt if allowed to. I hope Praet and Amartey can get that all-important playing time in which to develop their abilities. But both have been underutilised this past season. Give a man responsibility and he usually rises to fulfil expectations.

• Like 1

I’ve been saying all along that Praet is a classic total football midfielder, and that’s why Rodgers mistrusts him, as that’s the antithesis of his rigid positional style.  But it’s certainly odd to see Amartey mentioned in that same breath. :dry:

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

On 07/06/2021 at 13:40, The_77 said:

He’s not some mystery teenager. When we bought him, his manager at Sampdoria said they lost the best midfielder in Serie A. 

....the problem for Praet is Maddison.....we (or Rodgers) can't afford to drop him!!!

Praet as a #8 alongside Your but also supporting the forwards and sometimes going beyond them is his greatest strength. We just do not play in this way and so he has had to take a backseat. 

He will thrive somewhere else, with a manager who recognises what he brings to the team.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, gerblod said:

There's a fixation on pegs for holes. In life as well as footer. Second thing we ask someone after their name is 'what do you do?'.

You remember 'total footballing' - every Dutch player capable of expanding his role in that '74 side. Most Brazil defenders of that era were exceptional in holding a ball, advancing and shooting.

Justin is a modern version of the complete player. I hope BR learns to view his players with more freedom. Intelligent players can adapt if allowed to. I hope Praet and Amartey can get that all-important playing time in which to develop their abilities. But both have been underutilised this past season. Give a man responsibility and he usually rises to fulfil expectations.

Exactly this is what I mean...& to be fair Rodgers has that insight...just look how hes (tried) & used...Albrighton,Maddison,Perez......Justin,Castagna,Ricardo,Thomas.

I got lambasted on this forum,suggesting First  the Previous season  then last season Justin,Ricardo could fill other rolls & Added Castagna,Thomas, then the other 3...are. & have been playing those flexable roles..

Way back in the mist of time...50s 60s, Hungarian coach,Real-Madrid coaches, Gillies,Shankly,Revie,Alsison,Mee...etc have seen and Opened up team & individual postional play.....

But many, including the normally well balanced Posters in this forum.... are blind to

History & tactical forethought & sometimes simple squad needs....Fullbacks,Left/Right halfs, inside-right/Left , no8,No10s died on the school-pitches after the Next Generation releases of coaches....

Many miss-Read Team sheets, or change after Teams line up.

A Team-sheet is no Indication that Maddison plays on the wing,

even when like Tielemans or  Vardy they might be occasionally found there...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1