Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Praet has got his limitations but I just cannot get my head around how little he has been used since he came back from his injury in light of all the issues we've had with the form of Maddison and Perez.

It annoys me why subjects such as this or how diabolical Perez has been considering what he cost aren't put to Rodgers in press conferences to answer. Managers are given far too easy a ride.

Tbf how are they gonna ask and how would Rodgers even answer it?

"Brendan, Ayoze cost £30m, do you feel his G+A contributions over the last 2 years has been sufficient?"

Rodgers would bat that away like politician and give us some word salad about how important he is, unity, blah blah....

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Don’t disagree with the theory, but Rodgers hardly helps himself or the team by chucking players under the bus, he ain’t Jose, and knows he cannot get away with it.

Of course and any answers would be as diplomatic as possible but let's not forget he'll go out of his way at every opportunity to tell us Iheanacho's first touch is shit and parts of his game need to massively improve upon and that's a lad who has saved the whole of this team and manager in 2021. We'd be about 9th and out in the 5th round of the FA Cup without him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Praet has got his limitations but I just cannot get my head around how little he has been used since he came back from his injury in light of all the issues we've had with the form of Maddison and Perez.

It annoys me why subjects such as this or how diabolical Perez has been considering what he cost aren't put to Rodgers in press conferences to answer. Managers are given far too easy a ride.

Exactly this! Brendan rotated the squad in the beginning but recently when players are tired and struggling he has left players sat on the bench. It's on a lot of social media platforms people asking why Praet has not been played. Surely Brendan should say something? It was on the clubs own social media platforms that he's back earlier from his injury yet he has then not been used. Brendan needs to say why. If it's because he has asked to leave and play more elsewhere that is hardly a reason not to play him. He is a LCFC player so blooming play him! I cant watch Madders and Perez struggle much more, it's so frustrating!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

Tbf how are they gonna ask and how would Rodgers even answer it?

"Brendan, Ayoze cost £30m, do you feel his G+A contributions over the last 2 years has been sufficient?"

Rodgers would bat that away like politician and give us some word salad about how important he is, unity, blah blah....

Brendan, the squad has really struggled in 2021 without Barnes and Maddison and Ayoze Perez has scored just twice this season having cost £30m and now playing in his preferred position. What do you say to that? Do you expect more given your attackers need to be providing goals and assists?

• Like 1

If that clause is correct it's a weird one. Besides even if true, surely the consequences aren't that bad that he can't be dropped. OK maybe he gets a little extra money, but failing to qualify for the CL because we're carrying him is surely going to cost us more in the long term. 

Anyway, as for Praet and Under I have no idea why they've been banished. I've been very impressed with Praet in the games he's played. Looks technically good, is comfortable on the ball, and links well with Youri and Castagne. Under whilst in large parts has been mediocre and is prone to being a bit selfish at times definitely offers something. We were crying out for a player last night with pace that could attack their backline and we simply had nothing on the bench. 

What's the point of having players in the squad if you're not going to call upon them. I think Mendy, Praet and Under all could have been utilised at some point last night to allow us to play with a greater degree of energy. Brendan's stubbornness really is frustrating at times. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ian__marshall said:

If that clause is correct its a weird one. Besides even if true, surely the consequences aren't that bad that he can't be dropped. OK maybe he gets a little extra money, but failing to qualify for the CL because we're carrying him is surely going to cost us more in the long term. 

Anyway, as for Praet and Under I have no idea why they've been banished. I've been very impressed with Praet in the games he's played. Looks technically good, is comfortable on the ball, and links well with Youri and Castagne. Under whilst in large parts has been mediocre and is prone to being a bit selfish at times definitely offers something. We were crying out for a player last night with pace and could attack their backline and we simply had nothing on the bench. 

What's the point having players in the squad if you're not going to call upon them. I think Mendy, Praet and Under all could have been utilised at some point last night to allow us to play with a greater degree of energy. Brendan's stubbornness really is frustrating at times. 

Could not agree more , think ur spot on 

30 minutes ago, Bert said:

It is. 

Crazoo. That's a Spurs/Bale level of contractual idiocy. The player's already telling you he's quite possibility going to be shit, and if the other players (e.g. Praet) know about it and suspect they're not playing due to non-merit based factors it's poisonous.

Any idea what is the contractual cost of not hitting the requisite number of games? On an unrelated note, has anyone ever set up a GoFundMe campaign?

4 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Crazoo. That's a Spurs/Bale level of contractual idiocy. The player's already telling you he's quite possibility going to be shit, and if the other players (e.g. Praet) know about it and suspect they're not playing due to non-merit based factors it's poisonous.

Any idea what is the contractual cost of not hitting the requisite number of games? On an unrelated note, has anyone ever set up a GoFundMe campaign?

Again no 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

How are injuries factored in with clauses like that? 

Meaningless. He’d be out there in a plastic boot and a sling making sure he got his games in. Probably couldn’t make him much worse. 

3 hours ago, Bert said:

I think what a lot of people don’t know with Perez is that he has a clause in his contract stipulating he has to play x amount of games. 

That's the most laughable thing I've read on here for a while. No club and self respecting manager would lock themselves into that scenario. Maybe not even to get Messi though the door. Bonkers!! Next conspiracy theory?

10 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That's the most laughable thing I've read on here for a while. No club and self respecting manager would lock themselves into that scenario. Maybe not even to get Messi though the door. Bonkers!! Next conspiracy theory?

You would be surprised 

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Behave. Surely clauses like that aren't a real thing lol

....if true, and I really doubt that it ever could be, then his agent must be the best in the business!!!

It would be interesting if Messi or Ronaldo has ever had that in any of their contracts. Even if he was the boss's son, it would have been totally unacceptable, and pretty much embarrassing to have such a contract in place.

Reasons for said clause would be:-

1. Agreed a specific sum per season and it is calculated by individual matches

2. We were so desperate for his services

3. Rudkin lost the plot.....

I know @Bert is a bit ITK, but I cannot seriously believe that about a clause in Perez's contract.

It doesn't make any economic sense.

There's no benefit to the selling or buying club. Perez himself would have surely been happy to be making a big move from Newcastle to Leicester. And it's not like we were compensating for a small transfer fee - because we paid a £30m release fee! Perez himself is nowhere near international football so it's not like he was wary to coming to the mighty Leicester and not getting enough game time, what with our humongous squad of world class players. And given we were willing to meet the release fee and no one else seemingly was, what leverage did Perez have to demand it? 

• Like 1

There always seems to be ‘one’ who doesn’t fit in with the manager’s plans.

Belgian international who you would think would slot in perfectly with Tim and Youri, permanently makes the bench but never gets the chance. 

He seems to be the bit of quality in depth we have but never gets the nod. Strange one. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Livid said:

There always seems to be ‘one’ who doesn’t fit in with the manager’s plans.

Belgian international who you would think would slot in perfectly with Tim and Youri, permanently makes the bench but never gets the chance. 

He seems to be the bit of quality in depth we have but never gets the nod. Strange one. 

I feel that they have had a fall out, there’s know other explanation for it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm completely baffled what has gone on, but to not get some game time in the last 3-4 games makes no sense at all.

He played in the really dynamic 7-8 games at the start of the season when we were playing scintillating football.

• Like 3