Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

Just now, Mark said:

Apart from the main one which he has zero effect on games.

He did come to us with a reputation as being a very solid defensive midfielder, surely in games like today he could of been effective.

To totally ignore him suggests to me something isn’t quite right

• Like 4

He should have been used today to help Youri. Brendan can surely see players are exhausted yet he sticks with the same core players. When we were in Europe he rotated the squad well. Players need to play to keep match fitness, momentum, morale and confidence. He has played it all wrong with Dennis and others. To not use him is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I am not really amazed by him, but he has great lungs and do a lot of running. Also he was solid in the rotation earlier in the season, so feel like he was kind of underused here in the home stretch of the season. 

• Like 2

Maybe Praet doesn't get a game because he's not able to fit into BR's preferred formation?

Nor can Ndidi though who, in recent games has played a more advanced, confusing role then shifts to defence to help out. :blink: 

I'd have much preferred to see the Belgian International midfielder on the pitch today than Mendy. Heaven forbid that we go 4-4-2 with Amartey on and Ndidi in his classic role patrolling in front of defence with Praet linking and supporting.

Praet will leave in the summer, I am sure. He is too good to sit on the bench while our push for CL football goes up in smoke.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

It's one thing that I don't like about Brendan, when he falls out with a player he doesn't give him another chance

Can you give me an example of a player he has fallen out with whilst he has been here. Do you have actual evidence that he has fallen out with Praet or any other player during his time here? There were rumours he had fallen out with Maddison yet he started the last 2 games. Doesn't really fit with your argument that he doesn't give players another chance, if he did fall out with him. But again, no evidence for that either 

On 19/05/2021 at 12:22, Ric Flair said:

Praet has got his limitations but I just cannot get my head around how little he has been used since he came back from his injury in light of all the issues we've had with the form of Maddison and Perez.

It annoys me why subjects such as this or how diabolical Perez has been considering what he cost aren't put to Rodgers in press conferences to answer. Managers are given far too easy a ride.

Totally agree. I'm not a huge fan of Praet, I think he's okay - no more, no less but Perez is just dog shit. Offers so little.

It’s really stupid. But perhaps they’ve got to sell him to sign Soumare? They might be freeze him out. But I like Praet.... he’s a tidy player who keeps the ball moving and has bags of energy. It’s all a bit England style of management if you ask me..... he simply had to start at some point. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...