Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

Worst case scenario regarding RW we should just stick praet out there. watch this highlight video of him in 2018 19. he was a rm or a rcm on many occasions. if we play a 442, a 433, or even a 3 at the back he can fit in there. and im sure hell be more consistent than perez, whom weve given too many chances to already. just watch the hihglights video. i can imagine ricardo getting wider and bombing up or down or castagne. would give us more defensive solidity as well.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Worst case scenario regarding RW we should just stick praet out there. watch this highlight video of him in 2018 19. he was a rm or a rcm on many occasions. if we play a 442, a 433, or even a 3 at the back he can fit in there. and im sure hell be more consistent than perez, whom weve given too many chances to already. just watch the hihglights video. i can imagine ricardo getting wider and bombing up or down or castagne. would give us more defensive solidity as well.

To be honest that's the only place he can even think about breaking into the XI. Worth a try imo.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I didn't realise he'd played out there already. He'd be a better bet than perez out there and much of his best play comes from that area too. You may be onto something here.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I didn't realise he'd played out there already. He'd be a better bet than perez out there and much of his best play comes from that area too. You may be onto something here.

He'd be a conservative option but it could provide good balance to the team. Remember against Burnley? Probably his best game for us. Played as a rm in a 4231. 

• Like 1

There's no doubt he has the vision and the skill to play in a few positions. But I wonder is it the intensity of the premier league he lacks.?

Maybe with a full preseason things will work out better for him here. Though I still think with a decent offer he will be off.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

There's no doubt he has the vision and the skill to play in a few positions. But I wonder is it the intensity of the premier league he lacks.?

Maybe with a full preseason things will work out better for him here. Though I still think with a decent offer he will be off.

so he’s got the qualiteee but lacks the intensiteee?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He also links with Castagne as well as anyone. Played as a wide 10 against man city too didn't he?

Yes sir. That's what I'm saying. And those were his best performances too

• Like 3

He’s a 433 midfielder. Counterintuitively, now we have KDH and Soumare he might get more opportunities as 433 is more viable when one of the options isn’t Mendy/Choudhury.

Praet doesn’t naturally fit in 4231 but it suits Tielemans and Maddison. He looked good in the spell where he played with Tielemans in a 433.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NasPb said:

Praet out on the RW/RCM with an overlapping fullback would be tidy enough for the pre-season games. However, I genuinely feel that Rodgers has gone with Perez to highlight how much we need a proper right winger to push on for the season. The whole club will already know this, but Rodgers exaggerating it in pre-season could well force the clubs hand before the transfer window closes.

We’ve fallen just short previously due to lack of squad depth and being over reliant on certain players. We’ve spent well on Daka and Soumare, but leaving the RW problem unsolved could cost us again.

8 hours ago, NasPb said:

Been thinking about this as a way to get Iheanacho and Barnes in the same system;

Iheanacho Vardy

Barnes Ndidi Tielemans Praet

Thomas Soyuncu Evans Ricardo/Castagne

Schmeichel

With Ricardo and Castagne given a licence to attack to make up for Praet's more withdrawn role.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can Brendan give this guy a chance, he given enough chances to Perez but doesn't give Praet any games. Drop Maddison and gave Dennis Praet a start, he's probably more fresh in mind and body while Maddison needs time off because he's probably exhausted looking after his new born and partner.

And all that time it takes to do his hair

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue-fox said:

To be fair to him, he played as maybe a RM at the start of last season and we played decent football and scored goals. If I was him I would leave though to get game time he’s too good to sit on the bench

Brendan seems to have fallen out with him 🤔 dunno why. Maybe Brendan is waiting for an offer to come for him from an Italian club but seems unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Bit weird he gets zero minutes for us these days, but he's not the answer to our problems. Decent player, nothing more.

The fact that, when the chips were down for Belgium in the Euros, Martinez preferred WBA reject Nacer Chadli and 73 year old Dries Mertens says it all really. Tidy player, but another we bought without giving much thought to how he would fit in.

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can Brendan give this guy a chance, he given enough chances to Perez but doesn't give Praet any games. Drop Maddison and gave Dennis Praet a start, he's probably more fresh in mind and body while Maddison needs time off because he's probably exhausted looking after his new born and partner.

Absolutely no chance of that happening,

Shows how far sentiment goes in football when people would genuinely rather get rid of this guy than Albrighton.

Cmon now, this guy is a far better player than Albrighton ffs.

Start him in a narrow midfield at Norwich with Praet/Youri/KDH|/Madders with Iheanacho in front and ndidi holding. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Bit weird he gets zero minutes for us these days, but he's not the answer to our problems. Decent player, nothing more.

To be fair, the best football we played last season was when Praet, Tielemans and Castagne were all playing and linking up in September/October time. People were saying at the time that Maddison and Tielemans didn't work as well together and as good as Maddison was as an individual, Praet brought the best out of Tielemans.

Then Praet got injured and bizarrely just wouldn't be picked again once he got back from injury.

I'd love to see us go back to the Praet, Tielemans and Castagne link up and give it a try again, but we just don't seem to want to do it.

• Like 2