Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

What a boy, he's quietly so effective. Every decision he makes is the right one, always in the right place and always makes the right pass, unerringly.

£18m is gonna seem a right bargain this time next season.

I agree. He is a real gem. He is just simple and effective and most importantly he always seek to go forward. Fits in with the style Rodgers likes very well.

With Tielemans, Maddison and Ndidi all playing well, unfortunately Praet may need to wait for a while to become a regular on the teamsheet, but he is by no means any less qualified than those three to start in my opinion. In terms of the team chemistry, I feel it is most appropriate he interchanges for Maddison (as him and Tielemans seem to understand each other well), but it is difficult to drop Maddison at the moment. I can imagine it will be increasingly difficult to drop Maddison as he continues to improve and plays more direct - he is losing his tendency to dance around with his quick feet in favour of quicker and simpler passing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I agree. He is a real gem. He is just simple and effective and most importantly he always seek to go forward. Fits in with the style Rodgers likes very well.

With Tielemans, Maddison and Ndidi all playing well, unfortunately Praet may need to wait for a while to become a regular on the teamsheet, but he is by no means any less qualified than those three to start in my opinion. In terms of the team chemistry, I feel it is most appropriate he interchanges for Maddison (as him and Tielemans seem to understand each other well), but it is difficult to drop Maddison at the moment. I can imagine it will be increasingly difficult to drop Maddison as he continues to improve and plays more direct - he is losing his tendency to dance around with his quick feet in favour of quicker and simpler passing.

To be honest I miss seeing Maddison dribble all the way up the pitch that was exciting. I also think that Praet can rotate pretty interchangeably with both if them - when he plays with Maddison, I imagine Maddison will play a lot more advanced.

Rolls Royce of a player, I was fearful he wasn't capable of creating or scoring goals but I genuinely think in the 4-1-4-1 we play he'd provide ample of each like Tielemans and Maddison do. He fits seamlessly in to this team and I hope he gets more opportunities, even if we have to rotate a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Think he looks a really good player so far - he looks so composed on the ball and can turn in space so elegantly too.

He's also one of those people who's so good-looking it's almost intimidating. lol

Basically he has it all.

Funny thing are looks. Interesting that Part is good looking -- yet looks like Albrighton too.

I look vaguely like David Tennant. Generally considered a good looking man, yet generally I'm not

24 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Funny thing are looks. Interesting that Part is good looking -- yet looks like Albrighton too.

I look vaguely like David Tennant. Generally considered a good looking man, yet generally I'm not

Think you need to post a selfie to prove that mate😂

36 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Tbf, I think Marc would genuinely be a really good-looking man too if he didnt have that nose...

• Like 1

On 31/10/2019 at 02:26, EverybodyDannsNow said:

He looks like a top class player and a snip at £18m.

Would I be right in saying this is Lee Congerton’s first signing here at Leicester? 

*Runs for cover* 

I don't know, from what I can tell the club lined up all their potential targets with Macia before he left. This winter or next summer will be the first congers transfers

47 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't know, from what I can tell the club lined up all their potential targets with Macia before he left. This winter or next summer will be the first congers transfers

From what I've read Rodgers wanted Perez, so not a Macia target.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest I hope the club doesn't buy Rodgers the players he wants, Perez still could turn out either way for us, and Rodgers has an absolutely atrocious record at buying players he wants in other clubs.

Should have stuck with "I don't know" while you were ahead. Play On.

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Should have stuck with "I don't know" while you were ahead. Play On.

Lol. I've talked to Liverpool fans and Celtic fans recently, they've both stated that recruitment is clearly his weak point, and I don't think they were just being salty. That's even why the Celtic board stopped backing him with transfers.

Genuine quality player at a bargain price in the current market. if we did not have such a great squad he would be a nailed on starter but it shows that we are serious contenders when we are having debates on who should be in our starting midfield or be on the bench out of Praet, Youri, Maddison, Albrighton, Barnes, gray, ndidi, hamza, perez. Unfortunately we cannot play them all but as the season progresses, and especially if we get Europe next season they will all get their fair share of game time, either from the bench or through rotation.

I have never seen such a depth of talent at the club. Yes we have had some great teams in the past but to have this level of strength in depth is breaking entirely new territory.

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest I hope the club doesn't buy Rodgers the players he wants, Perez still could turn out either way for us, and Rodgers has an absolutely atrocious record at buying players he wants in other clubs.

Rodgers has said after his Celtic experience he's now leaving the recruitment to the appropriate team and won't meddle as much as he used to. That team does include Congerton though. I'm a bit nervous for the next few windows as supposedly the last window was still Macia's players. We'll see. At least we've stacked our squad with brilliant young players so a few failed windows won't hurt much, as long as we don't sell any of our starters. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Lol. I've talked to Liverpool fans and Celtic fans recently, they've both stated that recruitment is clearly his weak point, and I don't think they were just being salty. That's even why the Celtic board stopped backing him with transfers.

Oh I've been through this a million times. Opinions aren't facts. Even if you repeat it a thousand times. Look up the meaning of the word "anecdotal".

I'm not saying Rodgers is 100% 50% 25% in transfers. What I'm saying is that you don't know and neither does any body else.

I've followed the day to day goings on of Liverpool and Celtic as well so I'd say I have as good an idea as any other supporter.

Bottom line for me is that we are all just speculating. And that 's what this forum is for. Sorry:) but we all know nothing.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Rodgers has said after his Celtic experience he's now leaving the recruitment to the appropriate team and won't meddle as much as he used to. That team does include Congerton though. I'm a bit nervous for the next few windows as supposedly the last window was still Macia's players. We'll see. At least we've stacked our squad with brilliant young players so a few failed windows won't hurt much, as long as we don't sell any of our starters. 

To be honest we don't know who is what from whom and when. Just need to keep on doing what we did last summer.

Long may it continue weather it be Macia ,Congerton ,Rodgers or Rudkin or the ball boy etc.

2 hours ago, brucey said:

That is reassuring to hear. To be honest I'm heavily banking on Rudkin and everyone left behind by Macia to have been the ones all along. 

• Like 1