Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure about that ........ also I  am worried about mendy being targeted by more physical players .... strange we are playing soton tomorrow ....maybe worth looking back at last season home to them to see what I mean .....

He had an absolute mare. I remember. But was out of character for him.lasy season. 

Every player is allowed the occasional shocker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He had an absolute mare. I remember. But was out of character for him.lasy season. 

It became a thing in puel’s latter stages .....teams seemed to lay traps for him to receive the ball and then try to mug him off physically .....if he plays more then it will becomes a thing again 

Just now, st albans fox said:

It became a thing in puel’s latter stages .....teams seemed to lay traps for him to receive the ball and then try to mug him off physically .....if he plays more then it will becomes a thing again 

I don't think it'll be a problem as he clearly doesn't figure in the manager's plans.

My point being is that the Praet of the last few weeks hasn't really been worth the bother. Let's hope it's just an adjustment thing and captures the early season glimpses of quality

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Absolutely. When he first appeared on the pitch at the start of last season you could hear the sighs. However,  for me, he turned out to be one of our better performers which was backed up by pundits at the time with motm or close to motm performances. Yes he did have a couple of dodgy games but this season, how many has Tielemans had or Praet, Barnes, Maddison etc? I'm not suggesting for minute that Mendy is a better player than any of these or even deserves to be a first team choice but, I do suggest that we afford more tolerance to and have more patience with certain fans favourites. Since the day he came and had a torrid time through unfortunately injury, some on here have never cut him much slack. I think he's a very decent player and may still be a very important cog in our squad as the games come thick and fast and injuries occur. For saying he's had little on field action this season, when he has made an appearance I think he's done remarkably well.

Praet is another very good technical player that we signed for next to nothing in this day and age.

Hit and miss currently but doesn't mean he's not good enough. 

He's just a a little slow in terms of pace but he's very tidy in possession, good passer and doesn't mind a tackle either. Will only improve over time 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Deserves to keep his place in the starting 11. Youri and Maddison have both been poor recently. 

Don't disagree with the 2nd part. But apart from scoring today I thought he was poor. Much better suited to seeing games out

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Don't disagree with the 2nd part. But apart from scoring today I thought he was poor. Much better suited to seeing games out

Bit harsh. 1st half he was one of the few to come out with some credit. But agree that second half he wasn't great but join the club on that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Bit harsh. 1st half he was one of the few to come out with some credit. But agree that second half he wasn't great but join the club on that.

Really? I had no idea what role or position he was meant to be playing. Infact I'm not convinced he knew his role either.

He's been a class apart when coming on to se out games but he did himself no favours today in my eyes.

Pleased he scored. But I'd struggle to do a positive highlights real today.

12 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Really? I had no idea what role or position he was meant to be playing. Infact I'm not convinced he knew his role either.

He's been a class apart when coming on to se out games but he did himself no favours today in my eyes.

Pleased he scored. But I'd struggle to do a positive highlights real today.

Really surprised with that, I thought he was one of the few actually close to being on it today. Kept possession well, was getting stuck in when others were jumping out of challenges constantly and got a goal. 

He looked amazing next to the shit show Chilwell, Hamza and Barnes turned in.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

Praet was excellent today! Aside from a few mis judged passes his overall ability under pressure to find a safe/attacking outlet is phenomenal. Hes like part Tielemans and part Maddison and is becoming a huge asset to the squad. 

• Like 2