Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Only thing missing in his game for me is a touch of arrogance

I'd like to think that will come with more 90 minute game times. It's hard to be dominant when you're only a makepiece. 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

He's an excellent squad player, he will probably want to be more than that so will probably leave at some point but he's the sort of quality we need when rotating. He's not more than a consistent 7 out of 10 player, good work ethic and tidy on the ball most the time..

Next season with European football we will be playing twice a week and I think Praet will start as many as half our games. 

He could even force his way into the first team but he seems a bit too “nice” to do that at the moment. Maddison and Tielemans try riskier passes more often, but his pass for the goal shows us that Praet can do it too. I just think he would be a really good player if he had the swagger / confidence that Maddison has. 

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's good player but quite passive. He cant dominate games like Tielemans and Maddison do. But I like him nonetheless.

That's my judgement too. I think we look better with Youri in, even though you could argue Praet is a more consistent performer. 

With European football he will play a lot more next season. 

He’s still finding his feet in England. He doesn’t have time to dwell on the ball as in Italy. I hope and believe he will become more dynamic and influential as time goes by but he has made a decent start.

As for that pass to Justin today, if that was how he meant to strike it (only Praet himself will know) then it was truly world class. I have to say my first impression at the time was that he mishit it...but I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Mark said:

I don't know, Praet just seems a bit passive to me and I don't see him dominating a game.

Yeah exactly that’s my point. If he wants to get to the next level he needs to boss the game and make it so that’s it’s played at his pace. That’s why Tielemans is our record signing... he can’t do it every week, but he can do it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

Praet really impresses me. Not much spectacular stuff but always looks in control and has a great footballing brain. He will be an invaluable part of the rotating squad next year.

He's good but, is he much of an upgrade on Silva though?.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

He's good but, is he much of an upgrade on Silva though?.

He's twice the player Silva is, and that's being kind. 

Praet has got to be one of, if not THE best 4th choice midfielder in the league. 

• Like 1

Something about him and Choudhury together doesn't go, for me. How many times today did Brentford pick up the ball in the middle of the pitch and have acres of space and multiple options on? Was weird and wondered how they kept getting themselves both out of position.

• Like 1

He's a very good player with the ability to hit passes like today's for the goal. That was no fluke, He meant to strike it as he did.

He just needs to toughen up a little for the premier league. It is only his first season here, I expect to see bigger and better performances from him next season.

A good signing.

Edited by Clever Fox
Spelling mistake