Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Jamie Vardy - the most extraordinary tale in this decade

10 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Lovely piece of writing. I got goosebumps reading that.

Storey has got some stick on here in the past because he's a Forest fan but imo his pieces are the best on matters concerning us. Suppose it probably helps he's from and lives in Loughborough 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Storey has got some tick on here in the past because he's a Forest fan but imo his pieces are the best on matters concerning us. Suppose it probably helps he's from and lives in Loughborough 

Storey is my favourite football writer at the moment and has been for a while. I've never picked up any bias against Leicester in his pieces - in fact I think he's got a bit of a soft spot for us.

When I heard on TTFS he was coming up to Sheffield for a lads weekend I was genuinely tempted to wander round the boozers until I found him so I could talk football with him lol Obviously I realised that was mental so I didn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Excellent and fair piece, think it was correct his misdemeanours were included as well. Just great to see a player come from the backwaters of football, be written off and come back again to keep doing it to an exceptional level even as he ages. 

Plus, like with Matt Le Tissier, to do it all with a less fashionable club adds even more to the tale.

• Like 2

Just two more goals and he jumps to fifth in the all time record scorers. An unbelievable feat I never thought I’d witness. I mentioned in another thread that I intend to explore the possibility of a fan funded statue for him when his career is up. I’ve never been more determined. 

• Like 3

Mad that he’ll get 100 pl goals this season and he made his top flight debut when he was 27, even then he only scored 5 in 14/15. Not only is he our icon, legend whatever you want to call him; he’s an English football legend too. His name will be enduring unlike some players that have scored similar numbers of Premier league goals

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jonthefox said:

If we all pull together, it will I’m sure.

Personally doubt it'll happen.

Think King Power/LCFC would opt to have one featuring Vichai as a tribute/mark of respect (if there's still any statue plans)?

Edited by Wymeswold fox
to

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Personally doubt it'll happen.

Think King Power/LCFC would opt have one featuring Vichai as a tribute/mark of respect (if there's still any statue plans)?

I think plans are already in place for that. All we can do is ask I suppose. Plus, the statue doesn’t necessarily have to be on King power owned land.

• Like 1

There is a huge amount of space around the stadium for statues. I'd like to see one that celebrates the greatest season in the clubs history somehow featuring all those contributors (not a depiction of each one but an inscription recording the names). Vardy would obviously feature prominently. 

There's also room for that Banks/Shilton statue.

• Like 2