Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Jamie Vardy - the most extraordinary tale in this decade

1 hour ago, Hollyfox said:

Love him like everyone else but he's probably Sheffield (owls) through and through.. 

Dons tin hat😕

I genuinely think he’s more Leicester than Sheff Weds now. Could be wrong but this club has changed his life. He had the potential but he needed the belief and support he’s had. 

Great player and hopefully he leads our line for a few more years. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Love him like everyone else but he's probably Sheffield (owls) through and through.. 

Dons tin hat😕

I’m not so sure to be honest the way he sometimes celebrates goals it’s just pure passion not just for the goal but for the club coming  out . Like thumping the badge on his chest the other week whilst screaming out . Not one of the fake kiss the badge moments . 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I don't know he is an enigma. Pace, accuracy and aggression. That's our Vardeh. 

Yep but then you add into the face he's skinny as a rake,  looks like you local crack head , was playing none league And lower league football  into His mid  twenties . When called up for England he was still using chewing tobacco. And he still doesn’t go in the gym for fear it’ll slow him down yet he never stops running . So yes I would say enigma 

Edited by baldeagle

16 hours ago, Goober said:

We disagree and argue amongst ourselves on plenty of things as a fanbase but the one thing I do love is the fact that Vards is universally worshipped by us all. What a player

Hasn't always been like that though. Not that long ago under Puel, that people were writing him off as losing his pace and flair. 

Personally love the guy, he epitomises that great British fight, that Northern spirit and his grit and determination flairs up the crowd. He's like a Paul Dickov but only a million times better. 

7 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Dons tin hat😕

I’ve never seen it since so I’m not 100% but I remember him doing an interview a couple years back where he was answering quick fire type questions and when asked Leicester or Sheff Weds he said Leicester.

To he honest I don’t think it matters too much either way, wouldn’t blame him for sticking with his boyhood club, suspect most of us would be the same.

22 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Hasn't always been like that though. Not that long ago under Puel, that people were writing him off as losing his pace and flair. 

Personally love the guy, he epitomises that great British fight, that Northern spirit and his grit and determination flairs up the crowd. He's like a Paul Dickov but only a million times better. 

Think the worst of it was the year after we won the league, he'd not scored in a while and a fair few were questioning the fact we'd given him that new contract. 

Utter bollox and Vards soon silenced them as he always has mind you.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

He did lose his mojo under Puel though. 

His pace obviously didn’t go but the intensity and passion seemed lacking. 

That’s not slagging him off... if I was extremely unhappy at my treatment from my manager I wouldn’t be providing maximum output. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

he might be but there’s no denying that this club holds a special place in his heart...

Defo. 

We've been fantastic for him and he's been incredible for us. 

Most players will have a club close to their heart but will earn a great living elsewhere, even if it's sleeping with the enemy. 

Vardy’s bond with Leicester is totally genuine with what we've given each other and the emotional ties with our owners. 

He is our best ever💙

• Like 2

Guest bss9401
10 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Dons tin hat😕

I think that a major message from the piece answers that clearly: he was an Owl and will still look for their results but we accepted him and believed in him; they didn't and rejected him. Jamie Vardy would not forget that.

5 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

I think that a major message from the piece answers that clearly: he was an Owl and will still look for their results but we accepted him and believed in him; they didn't and rejected him. Jamie Vardy would not forget that.

The club and NP had faith in him. 

I used to sit in the family stand and there were quite a few groans when his name was called out in his early days. 

Mahrez is too lightweight was another frequently made comment. 

I think the kevin Phillips joining us was a big part in converting Jamie from a non league player to the incredible player he is now. 

He was like a kid in a playground early on but I think Phillips helped his lay offs and off the ball movement. 

• Like 2

To paraphrase a well known snooker player who when accused of being lucky replied that it was funny how the more he practiced the more lucky he got. It was obvious how JV struggled initially with each step up in class both when first arriving and following promotion etc (even when first at international level took him a couple of games to find his feet). Not surprised to hear that he works on his game constantly and is always willing to learn. obviously paid off for him. Compare this to the amount of gifted players that fade away or fail to reach their potential. I think, as the article suggests that having come late to the professional game he has the drive and intelligence to realise that success (and the rewards that come with it) are linked to hard work and graft that some of those that have been cossetted up through the ranks seem to take for granted.

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

That’s not slagging him off... if I was extremely unhappy at my treatment from my manager I wouldn’t be providing maximum output. 

I don't think his intensity or passion ever went anywhere; I think he was asked to perform a slightly different role.

2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I don't think his intensity or passion ever went anywhere; I think he was asked to perform a slightly different role.

I do agree with that and should’ve mentioned it but even though he was playing a different game, he didn’t look happy out there and even subconsciously I doubt he had the same drive as he does now and did before. Opinion of course.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Yet his goals probably kept Puel here longer. He was carrying a groin injury which didn't help.

• Like 1