Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

14 minutes ago, Milo said:

Really? I thought I read that he wouldn't let him go out on loan.

Either way - I still think he would be better than what we currently have

Something about him being available for €30m but only in the summer. Klopp doesn't want to risk any decision that could hamper them winning the title, seems a little over the top but they haven't won it for 30 years. 

Shaqiri is half decent, I still want better. 

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Haven’t seen it anywhere else, but surely Shaquiri would improve the team for a relatively low investment. 

28, international, available...

...and better than what we have. 

not consistent enough for me. Just an older version of Grey, in the way that he can be an absolute game changer on his day but can then go missing for  a few games.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Odsonne Edouard can play right wing apparently....and can certainly score goals.....just saying :yesyes: :nono:

Oi, hands off!  He leaves Glasgow over my dead body this window lol

If he's going to play out wide he's far more comfortable off the left side as opposed to the right.

5 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Oi, hands off!  He leaves Glasgow over my dead body this window lol

If he's going to play out wide he's far more comfortable off the left side as opposed to the right.

was just saying....

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 19/01/2020 at 09:18, Ric Flair said:

What on earth has happened to him? Last season he was the hottest striker in Europe, along with Jovic.

Maybe we learn a lesson and don't rush to sign players based on 6-12 months of form? :p

Anyone remember Michu?

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Maybe we learn a lesson and don't rush to sign players based on 6-12 months of form? :p

Anyone remember Michu?

It's certainly something to factor in, but then applying that would mean not going for someone like Haland who has just gone to Dortmund. Sometimes you have to take a punt on highly progressive players.

Sensible

• Marc Oliver Kempf for CB (Currently at VfB Stuttgart, so should be obtainable) or
  • Robin Koch for CB (Frieburg, so would know Caglar), and
  • Save the Winger/Inside Forward question until the Summer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's certainly something to factor in, but then applying that would mean not going for someone like Haland who has just gone to Dortmund. Sometimes you have to take a punt on highly progressive players.

Oh absolutely. If a young kid bursts onto the scene and looks a class above then it's always worth having a look. I'm sure I read that Walsh suggested Haaland to Everton a few seasons back, I wonder if he was still with us, whether we'd have picked him up at the time like we did with Kapustka.

Mbappe and Haaland looked like natural world beaters as soon as they've come into football. So jealous of Dortmund for signing him. I really hope we can become something similar to them if we manage a few seasons of top 4 finishes.

I suppose I mean more with players that have been knocking around first team football for a few years at least and suddenly have an incredible 6-12 months. In Piatek's defence, the team he's playing for looks absolute trash at the minute. 

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Oh absolutely. If a young kid bursts onto the scene and looks a class above then it's always worth having a look. I'm sure I read that Walsh suggested Haaland to Everton a few seasons back, I wonder if he was still with us, whether we'd have picked him up at the time like we did with Kapustka.

Mbappe and Haaland looked like natural world beaters as soon as they've come into football. So jealous of Dortmund for signing him. I really hope we can become something similar to them if we manage a few seasons of top 4 finishes.

I suppose I mean more with players that have been knocking around first team football for a few years at least and suddenly have an incredible 6-12 months. In Piatek's defence, the team he's playing for looks absolute trash at the minute. 

I couldn't help feel like Walsh was exaggerating on that, Haland hadn't even joined Molde when he claimed he had suggested Haland for Everton and the fees he was quoted as saying backed that up. I've long thought Walsh was a bit of a bullshitter in the press.

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If Villa go down I'd take Mings in the summer. Has looked good for a year now and everytime I see him he seems ok with the ball at his feet.

I thought the exact opposite at the KP recently. Big & strong yes but played oofball during most of that game - he should have been watching Evans who gave him a master class that night. Overrated.

Edited by Lookatthebluesky

Just now, Lookatthebluesky said:

I thought the exact opposite at the KP recently. Big & strong yes but played oofball during most of that game - he should have been watching Evans who gave him a master class that night.

In this 1-1draw a couple of weeks back? I thought Mings was the best player on the pitch and kept them in the game as the main man in defence.

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

In this 1-1draw a couple of weeks back? I thought Mings was the best player on the pitch and kept them in the game as the main man in defence.

The fact that he might have been their best player does not say a great deal. Yes he was able to head crosses clear and generally clear the ball out into the stand but for me he did not look a controlled centre back on that evening at all. I’d be hugely disappointed if he was on our radar going forward.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Milan want shot of Suso, I reckon we could squeeze them for a loan with a view to a permanent deal.

There are some moderately big fish reportedly swimming in those waters, so even if we were interested (and there are no links that I'm aware of) it'd still be a longshot.

13 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

There are some moderately big fish reportedly swimming in those waters, so even if we were interested (and there are no links that I'm aware of) it'd still be a longshot.

Similar to when we got Tielemens then?

7 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

Stand by my Antonio recommendation from a month or so back. 

Especially if we get top 4 and West ham go down. 

You'd get him for 15mil and he'd be perfect for offering us an alternative threat. Offers everything up front we lack, and was a nuisance straight away despite not being fully fit. 

I rate him, he's 30+ now though isn't he?