Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I rate him, he's 30+ now though isn't he?

30 next month according to google.

But we need experience, especially next season when we will have Europe too.

He will at least add consistency and a huge physical/pacey threat which we do not have a lot of.

Barnes is showing more, but still lacks the consistency.

His figures are very very similar to Richarlison, and he offers that same threat which we don't..

He's the type of player we should have targeted instead of Slimani, not just a Target man, but a mobile one.

Like I said, if West Ham go down, given their owners love of a pound not, and his age, you would get him for £15 million and you would have a very very good squad player, who would break into the first team, especially in big games away from home on the break.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

30 next month according to google.

But we need experience, especially next season when we will have Europe too.

He will at least add consistency and a huge physical/pacey threat which we do not have a lot of.

Barnes is showing more, but still lacks the consistency.

His figures are very very similar to Richarlison, and he offers that same threat which we don't..

He's the type of player we should have targeted instead of Slimani, not just a Target man, but a mobile one.

Like I said, if West Ham go down, given their owners love of a pound not, and his age, you would get him for £15 million and you would have a very very good squad player, who would break into the first team, especially in big games away from home on the break.

Isn’t he always injured thoufhvthought

13 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

Stand by my Antonio recommendation from a month or so back. 

Especially if we get top 4 and West ham go down. 

You'd get him for 15mil and he'd be perfect for offering us an alternative threat. Offers everything up front we lack, and was a nuisance straight away despite not being fully fit. 

I like Antonio, although not the easiest on the eye he's a very effective player and hard working and can also play in several positions.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it's time we invested in our scouting of South America, it's a region we have barely bothered with. Martinelli at Arsenal was an absolute steal.

I was listening to a south American correspondent on the radio the other day who was saying how much their football has deteriorated over recent years. That many players, particularly midfielders just won't make the grade in the Premiership due to the openness of their game and mainly one footed players (not amputees 😁) compared with the tight, compact ness of our game and more requirement for at least some ability with both feet. He commented that this was quite recognised now and scouts rarely want to know any players over 22years regardless of how good they appear on the domestic scene. An interesting listen in fairness. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I was listening to a south American correspondent on the radio the other day who was saying how much their football has deteriorated over recent years. That many players, particularly midfielders just won't make the grade in the Premiership due to the openness of their game and mainly one footed players (not amputees 😁) compared with the tight, compact ness of our game and more requirement for at least some ability with both feet. He commented that this was quite recognised now and scouts rarely want to know any players over 22years regardless of how good they appear on the domestic scene. An interesting listen in fairness. 

Argentinian midfielders in particular are bad for that, the sort of midfielders they produce are now pretty much obsolete at the top level of the modern game as you need to be far more than just a playmaker.  Even in recent years that's why guys like Aimar, Banega, Gago and even Riquelme to an extent failed to realise their potential.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manini said:

Has anybody mentioned Lanzini yet? Some of his deliveries in the second half were excellent. 

Most of the West Ham fans have. They mentioned how he's been stealing a living for the last 12 months. Perhaps a case of needing a new challenge. 

Edited by wardyfox86

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Most of the West Ham fans have. They mentioned how he's been steeling a living for the last 12 months. Perhaps a case of needing a new challenge. 

He’s clearly a very good player but I don’t think his heart looks in it at West Ham to be fair think you might be right. 

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

I like Antonio, although not the easiest on the eye he's a very effective player and hard working and can also play in several positions.

Contributes goals/assists wise at an almost identical rate to Richarlison, in a much weaker side.

He even had spells under Bilic where he was put as both a full back and as a right sided midfielder, probably as a result of, like you also mention, his work rate.

Up front we lack pace outside of Vardy/a confident Barnes, and we lack any kind of physicality whatsoever.

Any Leicester fan would take Richarlison, but Antonio, despite offering similar numbers in a weaker side than Everton, is looked upon as beneath us.

The link with Edouard too was looked upon more favorably, despite being completely unproven in the Premier League.

With Antonio you know what you get. His pace/physicality will always make him a threat against any side in any league.

1 goal in 4 is nothing to be sniffed at, Richarlison was averaging half that at Watford with 1 in 8 before moving to Everton for £50 million.....And West Ham have been performing significantly worse than both of those sides.

He covers any of the front 3 positions. Could even play full back/right mid in a 4, or wing back in a 3/5 if needed.

Pace, power, height, work rate.....Around 50% of his goals from headers.

If we get top 4 he's the perfect risk free signing for the squad.

Edited by CityIsBlue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Isn’t he always injured thoufhvthought

Either West Ham deliberately target injury prone players to sign, or there's something seriously wrong there.

Every other week they have a different player out injured......

I reckon they must've caught something off Andy Carroll.

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Argentinian midfielders in particular are bad for that, the sort of midfielders they produce are now pretty much obsolete at the top level of the modern game as you need to be far more than just a playmaker.  Even in recent years that's why guys like Aimar, Banega, Gago and even Riquelme to an extent failed to realise their potential.

Yes, he named a few (not heard of any of them) that had been bought by a number of top European clubs, supposedly highly rated, but had never got near the firstly team. He mentioned a player named 'Everton' or similar that had done incredibly well in either a youth European or south American cup competition but, he was now 23 and no European team are willing to risk taking him on at a decent price.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, he named a few (not heard of any of them) that had been bought by a number of top European clubs, supposedly highly rated, but had never got near the firstly team. He mentioned a player named 'Everton' or similar that had done incredibly well in either a youth European or south American cup competition but, he was now 23 and no European team are willing to risk taking him on at a decent price.

Everton Soares?  He stole the show in the summer's Copa America just past for Brazil, he's a wide player though and although he's not moved yet I'd expect him to move soon, he's small and slight but looked very good.  Arsenal and Everton have been linked with him.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Everton Soares?  He stole the show in the summer's Copa America just past for Brazil, he's a wide player though and although he's not moved yet I'd expect him to move soon, he's small and slight but looked very good.  Arsenal and Everton have been linked with him.

Thanks, I'll have a look. I can't give you a like as it says I've had my quota for the day ?

• Thanks 1

Hello all, I am a Spanish person who lives in Italy and I would like to share the news that we recently hear in Italy, in this moment Napoli are having bad times from the top, Di Laurentiis is not liked by anyone at the Napoli and the club needs money desperately. We hear that the Leicester regrets that the last time they play in Champions League because they did not sign many good players and they want to take the most advantage this time. So with these two things Leicester have started to make discussions for Koulibaly the defender for a signing in the summer because a main target is this position. They did want to sign Demiral from the Juventus but his injury stopped this before they did a bid for him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Palace in talks for Carrasco according to Sky, £100,000 a week wages could prove a stumbling block! One who’s been mentioned on here. Undoubtedly talented, would he be motivated is the main worry I guess. Can’t see Palace pulling that one off but interesting none the less 

He’s still a good age so his motivation should be fine, this is one you should be all over imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

He’s still a good age so his motivation should be fine, this is one you should be all over imo.

and yet at such an age he chased the easy life and easy money in China. 

it’s a no from me. that’s the sort of thing you do close to the end of your career not at the peak of it. id seriously question what motivates him.

• Like 1