Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

If we was going to sign anyone it would of happened by now.

Might aswel close transfer thread until summer.

Bloody boring !!!!!

Honestly hope we can hold onto top 4 with what we got but being honest we look tired worn out and without a Plan B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Kabak at Schalke looks another colossal Turkish centre half. 

Watching their game vs Gladbach, I see Michael Gregoritch has just joined them on loan too. Could have been ideal for us.

Having a superb debut is Gregoritsch. On his day he is unplayable.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Some of his passing was absolutely superb. 

Yeah it was, he's such an unusual player. He's been poor for the best part of a season (back end of last and start of this) but Schalke have probably got a bargain because of it if there's a permanent deal in place. 

That pass in the first half that got their striker 1 on 1 with Sommer was pure wizardry. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah it was, he's such an unusual player. He's been poor for the best part of a season (back end of last and start of this) but Schalke have probably got a bargain because of it if there's a permanent deal in place. 

That pass in the first half that got their striker 1 on 1 with Sommer was pure wizardry. 

Yeah, Benito butchered it though. They both played well mind. 

On 14/01/2020 at 06:35, justfoxes said:

Ashley Young from Man U still has a few years in him, his move to Inter & Roma doesn’t look like it’s going ahead maybe we could put a cheeky bid in him?

One of Manchester United's worst performers in the last 3 seasons, the wrong side of 30 and on a 100k a week. What could possibly go wrong?

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

One of Manchester United's worst performers in the last 3 seasons, the wrong side of 30 and on a 100k a week. What could possibly go wrong?

On an aside, I woke up early this morning and had a nostalgic sky planner roam and am watching Leicester v Man Utd - from 21/09/14. It was one of the best games of live football I've ever seen - at the KP or anywhere else. As I type, its 3-3 with 77 mins gone - Cambiassso is knackered and has just gone off - we have Nugent, Moore, Hammond and De Laet in the side and Matty James who we signed a couple of years ago from Utd has just come on to make his Premier League debut. Vardy has got away with the most blatant shoulder barge in history and still managed to con a pen out of the ref 3 seconds later, which Nuge will convert before Vardy scoring his first Premier League goal on 79 minutes... oh and our record signing is on the pitch. His name is Leonardo Ulloa and he cost £8 million... and has already scored a bullet header from a Vardy cross.

Don't get me wrong we were pretty bad and went on a downward spiral after this game - but what a game this was. And think how far we've come since then. It's also really evident the way we are playing in one touch triangles that the football Pearson was getting us to play was the same style and groundwork that we saw in the following title winning season.

Edited by Nick
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

On an aside, I woke up early this morning and had a nostalgic sky planner roam and am watching Leicester v Man Utd - from 21/09/14. It was one of the best games of live football I've ever seen - at the KP or anywhere else. As I type, its 3-3 with 77 mins gone - Cambiassso is knackered and has just gone off - we have Nugent, Moore, Hammond and De Laet in the side and Matty James who we signed a couple of years ago from Utd has just come on to make his Premier League debut. Vardy has got away with the most blatant shoulder barge in history and still managed to con a pen out of the ref 3 seconds later, which Nuge will convert before Vardy scoring his first Premier League goal on 79 minutes... oh and our record signing is on the pitch. His name is Leonardo Ulloa and he cost £8 million... and has already scored a bullet header from a Vardy cross.

Don't get me wrong we were pretty bad and went on a downward spiral after this game - but what a game this was. And think how far we've come since then. It's also really evident the way we are playing in one touch triangles that the football Pearson was getting us to play was the same style and groundwork that we saw in the following title winning season.

'Shoulder barge' = fine

'Shoved in back' = not fine

😄

56 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

'Shoulder barge' = fine

'Shoved in back' = not fine

😄

I remember getting home after the match and receiving an outage of Konchesky kissing the camera after we scored our fifth from a Liverpool supporting mate of mine and written over the top in caps was: THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH FOOTBALL WHEN KONCHESKY IS GOING ROUND KISSING CAMERAS.

• Like 1

Bournemouth trying to sign Jacob Bruun Larsen from Dortmund, he is very similar player to Ryan Fraser. I wonder if that could see Fraser sold this month rather than go for free in the summer? He's winding down is Fraser, very much like Eriksen at Spurs and a move now could be best for all parties. 

• Like 2

Apparently before Milan signed Simon Kjaer they were looking at Aleksandar Dragovic, who wants to leave Leverkusen. The price is £8.5m or a loan deal.

If he left on decent terms (and he was just arsey with Puel for dropping him) I would take him again for 6 months if it means we get Benkovic a dozen games on loan somewhere. He and Evans were the only two players that ever looked comfortable playing next to Harry Maguire.

I can see something like that being our only bit of business - I'm not so sure any loan will be for a young(er) player because the ones like Rugani, Demiral, Todibo, Kehrer etc. who may have been on the market are seemingly not anymore. And the club will not sanction a big fee in January - we've spent about £2m over the last 2 windows; and only ever spent more than £6m on one player when in desperation (Ndidi as Kante replacement; Kramaric for survival goals).

And on the winger front - we wanted a striker in Jan 2016, and then it turned out Leo Ulloa had balls the size of planets. We wanted a CB in Jan 2017, we got Wague, and then Yohan Benalouane morphed into Paolo Maldini at the Calderon. Oh, and then we signed some half decent lad from Hull that summer.

Given we don't purely need numbers out wide (just quality), I think it is best we take the next four or five months to line up some proper targets and get them done in a much more favourable market. In the meantime, it's a battle between the other four to not be the one to be shipped out the door.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Apparently before Milan signed Simon Kjaer they were looking at Aleksandar Dragovic, who wants to leave Leverkusen. The price is £8.5m or a loan deal.

If he left on decent terms (and he was just arsey with Puel for dropping him) I would take him again for 6 months if it means we get Benkovic a dozen games on loan somewhere. He and Evans were the only two players that ever looked comfortable playing next to Harry Maguire.

I can see something like that being our only bit of business - I'm not so sure any loan will be for a young(er) player because the ones like Rugani, Demiral, Todibo, Kehrer etc. who may have been on the market are seemingly not anymore. And the club will not sanction a big fee in January - we've spent about £2m over the last 2 windows; and only ever spent more than £6m on one player when in desperation (Ndidi as Kante replacement; Kramaric for survival goals).

And on the winger front - we wanted a striker in Jan 2016, and then it turned out Leo Ulloa had balls the size of planets. We wanted a CB in Jan 2017, we got Wague, and then Yohan Benalouane morphed into Paolo Maldini at the Calderon. Oh, and then we signed some half decent lad from Hull that summer.

Given we don't purely need numbers out wide (just quality), I think it is best we take the next four or five months to line up some proper targets and get them done in a much more favourable market. In the meantime, it's a battle between the other four to not be the one to be shipped out the door.

I think overall you're spot on with this. I'd love Dragovic back here, just depends if he'd be willing to be 3rd or 4th choice again.

In terms of the winger situation, I think it's highly unlikely we'll buy anyone now this window. However, a loan to provide a bit more competition would be worth it. Even if it's just a little more quality to force the others to up their game, then we go for a proper game changer in the summer.

No idea who fits that criteria though - would have to be someone out of favour and with a point to prove. I'd say Shaqiri but Klopp won't let him go.

6 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I think overall you're spot on with this. I'd love Dragovic back here, just depends if he'd be willing to be 3rd or 4th choice again.

In terms of the winger situation, I think it's highly unlikely we'll buy anyone now this window. However, a loan to provide a bit more competition would be worth it. Even if it's just a little more quality to force the others to up their game, then we go for a proper game changer in the summer.

No idea who fits that criteria though - would have to be someone out of favour and with a point to prove. I'd say Shaqiri but Klopp won't let him go.

I don’t think Drags would be prepared to return tbh.