Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Why is it only us that claim to find signing someone so hard, we need a winger and possibly cover for CB. Wolves on the verge of signing someone, Villa get Samatta, yet we can’t sign anyone. 

We are in a fantastic position, one that we need to capitalise on, we messed up after winning the league by not capitalising on our position and I fear we will do it again. 

Come on Leicester, let’s go out and show our hand and guarantee our position to bring champions league football back to the King Power.  

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's got 3 goals and 2 assists in the Greek super league. Hardly impressive, just because he scored vs Spurs forsn't mean he's that good. I'd want better.

I know nothing of him but he's 24 as well so you have to question if he's that good and still playing in Greece at that age.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Giggsy77 said:

Why is it only us that claim to find signing someone so hard, we need a winger and possibly cover for CB. Wolves on the verge of signing someone, Villa get Samatta, yet we can’t sign anyone. 

We are in a fantastic position, one that we need to capitalise on, we messed up after winning the league by not capitalising on our position and I fear we will do it again. 

Come on Leicester, let’s go out and show our hand and guarantee our position to bring champions league football back to the King Power.  

Villa get a £10m player who is 27 and still playing in Belgium, that suggests to me this Samatta isn't all that and certainly not good enough for us. 

We want quality and players who will improve the first XI or put serious pressure on the starters. We want quality or not at all this window. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Jetro Williams as a back up for our left back. I know he’s just got injured but I think he’s on loan at Newcastle and wouldnt a cost a lot. Has been a stand out player at Newcastle in a poor side. 

Williams did his ACL and is out for the season. That's a terrible injury for a defensive back who has to cover so much ground in a match.

Surprised that he's only 24. Feels like he's been playing forever. Still has the Koolest first name in football

Nice little summative update on SSN:

RODGERS: NO TRANSFERS IMMINENT 

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers says there are no imminent done deals at the club and gave updates on Hamza Choudhury and Islam Slimani.

He said: "There’s a couple things going on behind the scenes, but nothing imminent. We’re looking across the squad where we can improve. But I don’t think this will be a month with lots of activity. This is a tough window. But if we can, we will.

“No [on Choudhury going on loan]. We don’t want to weaken our squad, which is important for us in this window, so we will be keeping the players we want to keep here. If we can strengthen and add one or two then great. If not, then every player that is here is going to be very important from now until the end of the season.

“It would have to go through the club [any Tottenham interest in Slimani]. Slim’s on loan [at Monaco] and is there for the season. Any club that is interested would have to come through the club.”

Sounds like it's the typical 'irons in the fire' situation to me. Hopefully a winger is on the radar (Olmo?) and CB is a nice to have with Benkovic in the squad now.

Interesting there's no loans out though for any youth players. Maybe nearer the end of the window?

Haven’t seen it anywhere else, but surely Shaquiri would improve the team for a relatively low investment. 

28, international, available...

...and better than what we have. 

Edited by Milo

46 minutes ago, Milo said:

Haven’t seen it anywhere else, but surely Shaquiri would improve the team for a relatively low investment. 

28, international, available...

...and better than what we have. 

The " available " part is where you are mistaken, Klopp won't let him go until the summer.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The " available " part is where you are mistaken, Klopp won't let him go until the summer.

Really? I thought I read that he wouldn't let him go out on loan.

Either way - I still think he would be better than what we currently have

Edited by Milo