Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Completely understand we need at least one more CB, but the lack of inside/wide right foward is a little disheartening, but we may have enough, just hope Barnes, Gray, etc can push on.

The problem is it takes two to tango.  Desirable players are disproportionately at competitive clubs, and competitive clubs have very little incentive to sell players in the middle of their season.  If you're a second-division side, do you cash out on your stay player in January, knowing it cold cost you a promotion and thus more money than you got in the transfer fee?  If you're a first-division side, there's a decent chance you're either competitive for a European spot or close enough to relegation to be paranoid - again, do you risk that huge financial hit?  January is an extreme seller's market.

That said, I do wish there were at least rumors connecting us to some wide men.  Rodgers can't possibly be satisfied with what we have, I wouldn't think.

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

The problem is it takes two to tango.  Desirable players are disproportionately at competitive clubs, and competitive clubs have very little incentive to sell players in the middle of their season.  If you're a second-division side, do you cash out on your stay player in January, knowing it cold cost you a promotion and thus more money than you got in the transfer fee?  If you're a first-division side, there's a decent chance you're either competitive for a European spot or close enough to relegation to be paranoid - again, do you risk that huge financial hit?  January is an extreme seller's market.

That said, I do wish there were at least rumors connecting us to some wide men.  Rodgers can't possibly be satisfied with what we have, I wouldn't think.

The best players to target in January are those with release clauses (obvious), not playing regularly for their team (makes you wonder if we'd still want them) or where their contract is expiring in the summer and clubs are more open to recouping something rather than lose them for free in the summer.

Players available (feel free to add to it)

1) Thomas Lemar

2) Brahim Diaz

3) Suso

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7879371/Theres-no-doubt-hes-good-Brendan-Rodgers-says-Danny-Ings-deserves-England-recall.html

Is Brendan buttering Danny Ings up ahead of a bid?

he has signed him before.

This is what big teams do, big up another clubs player in the press or pitch side before buying them (or at least bidding).

We all know that Southampton are a selling club and I'm sure European football would be attractive to Ings, who is not getting any younger and this might be one of his last chances for a big move.

Or am i clutching at straws here, the transfer would make sense to me at least.

Edited by Cujek
missing word

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7879371/Theres-no-doubt-hes-good-Brendan-Rodgers-says-Danny-Ings-deserves-England-recall.html

Is Brendan buttering Danny Ings up ahead of a bid?

he has signed him before.

This is what big teams do, big up another clubs player in the press or pitch side before buying them (or at least bidding).

We all know that Southampton are a selling club and I'm sure European football would be attractive to Ings, who is not getting any younger and this might be one of his last chances for a big move.

Or am i clutching at straws here, the transfer would make sense to me at least.

Ings would be a fantastic player but his injury past concerns me, baring in mind what Southampton shelled out for him i'd not want us to pay any more than £20m and they'd not entertain that so i'd look elsewhere for a Vardy eventual replacement.

13 hours ago, NasPb said:

Yannick Carrasco Characteristics

+ Strengths

Dribbling
Very Strong
Finishing
Strong
Long shots
Strong
Through balls
Strong

- Weaknesses

Defensive contribution
Weak
Discipline
Weak

Yannick Carrasco's Style of Play

• Likes to dribble
  • Likes to shoot from distance
  • Counter attack threat
  • Gets fouled often
  • Likes to cut inside
  • Does not dive into tackles
© WhoScored.com

££££££

9 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Nathan Ferguson looks like he will be leaving west Brom this month as out of contract in the summer. Could play cb and across the back line. Hes no demiral but a great talent 

Great shout!

He’s played RB, CB & LB this season. 

Rodgers has said he prefers a small squad so that kind of versatility would be very useful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Why wouldn't they? We're not catching them and we don't have to play them again.

But what's in it for them?  They don't need the money.  Why give up a depth player to a team that, however unlikely it is to matter, is the closest to you in the table?

• Like 1

On 13/01/2020 at 21:56, Costock_Fox said:

For the best part of £100m, do you still rate these pair?

Yes of course

You pay the going rate don’t you. 
Personally I think Dunk is an exceptional centre back and am surprised he’s not an England regular. I rate him more than Maguire for instance. And Ward-Prowse is ever-improving, brill with the dead ball and hugely energetic.

I rate both very highly.

• Like 1

We need a winger, someone that scores and creates consistently, but I feel in a January inflated market this isn't going to happen or if it does then it'll be a loan move.

15 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Do you have a link to the Percy article please.

It makes no reference to us not pursuing a winger or other positions bar a CB. Maybe that's what they are insinuating, because it only talks about us getting a CB in on loan must mean we don't want a new winger. I personally think that's untrue.

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We need a winger, someone that scores and creates consistently, but I feel in a January inflated market this isn't going to happen or if it does then it'll be a loan move.

Lemar, Carrasco, Suso, Under are all potentially gettable on loan

• Like 3