Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Sharkey

Despite the anger such comments will inevitably bring, I actually think the system we are/have transistioned too just does not suit Albrighton's strengths.

Yes, hard working wingers will always be useful, just not as one of the first names on the teamsheet, like in previous seasons.

I am in no way denegrating Marc, he position in our history is unassailable, but under Rodgers he has become a squad player.

• Like 2

Didn't Rodgers want goalscoring wingers? Marc didn't do himself any favours last night and scoring's always been his weakness. He's still a great chance creator yet, worryingly for Marc, Gray had a hand in all the goals. An off night - hopefully he'll have chance to prove himself again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Had a frustrating, off key, disappointing night but he's still the GOAT.

Our fans are painfully fickle. 

Score our first CL goal? Demonstrate a fabulous work rate? Embody the spirit of the title winning team? All well and good but you'd better be ****ing on it for a cup tie against Burton or you're on the out programme. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Score our first CL goal? Demonstrate a fabulous work rate? Embody the spirit of the title winning team? All well and good but you'd better be ****ing on it for a cup tie against Burton or you're on the out programme. 

You know for sure if we don't win at Palace on Sunday the kneejerk mob will be out in force.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Marc Albrighton doesn't have end product? One of the best crossers of the ball to ever play for LCFC, doesn't have end product?

Not up to his previous high standards.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Other than last season he's been consistently one of the top assisters in the league outside the biggest clubs. 

So he started his downward spiral last season, not this?

36 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Two and three years ago.

He was a fantastic signing and he's been a great player for us but I think time is catching up with him.

Rodgers wants more goals and assists from his wingers, Albrighton, Gray and Barnes are failing to regularly deliver that.

Barnes has a future with the club and can be expected to step up, not sure the other two do.

So I have reviewed the responses in this thread and concluded the following

Should anyone mention that anyone who played a part in the title triumph be questioned (Which is what it was)let alone criticised t(Which I did not) then it our solemn duty to have a paddy and slate the OP

Do I understand the ground rules correctly now?

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

Looked great in pre season but yesterday he was very ordinary.  At times it looked like him and Gray were having a private competition, who could butcher the most chances. Not fatal against Burton, but in the PL where we only have a few chances,  it would be. 

9 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So he started his downward spiral last season, not this?

Yes I'm sure it had nothing to do with starting half the number of games and getting half the minutes playing Puel ball. Vardy wasn't exactly ripping up trees last season either. 

Marks place is enshrined in our history. But it's obvious the team is evolving and he's slipping down the starting line up, essentially with the emergence of Harvey. 

Harvey will I'm confident will deliver 10 goals a season. He's also better at beating a man and spots space and opportunities quicker. So while Mark is good to have around,  it may also be his last season with us if he wants to play regularly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Clever Fox said:

Marks place is enshrined in our history. But it's obvious the team is evolving and he's slipping down the starting line up, essentially with the emergence of Harvey. 

Harvey will I'm confident will deliver 10 goals a season. He's also better at beating a man and spots space and opportunities quicker. So while Mark is good to have around,  it may also be his last season with us if he wants to play regularly. 

This is all I was trying to convey before I got dogs abuse. :appl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

So I have reviewed the responses in this thread and concluded the following

Should anyone mention that anyone who played a part in the title triumph be questioned (Which is what it was)let alone criticised t(Which I did not) then it our solemn duty to have a paddy and slate the OP

Do I understand the ground rules correctly now?

Now sou know the rules und explained to ALL..Woe betide..!!