Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Sharkey

Let me start by saying :wub:

What is going on do we think? He didn`t look like Marc yesterday, seemed "off" somehow.

Is it lack of pitch time? Or is it something more final do we think? i.e.; has he been made aware of his standing within the team, and its getting him down? 

4.50 on (Sorry - its "Sharks")

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Marc Albrighton doesn't have end product? One of the best crossers of the ball to ever play for LCFC, doesn't have end product?

Whilst I disagree that he has no end product, same as you, there's probably some truth to the assessment that he's a fullback's dream. Once the defence is set he can't beat a man and he's rather one footed as well, so he's easier to defend against as you just show him into his wrong foot.

Polarised pedants every fewkin where :mad:

The point of this thread was not to have a go at Marc 

FFS some people are so willingly outraged. 

The point was to query WHY he has not been involved more, as people state he has always been an important first team member, this season less so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Polarised pedants every fewkin where :mad:

The point of this thread was not to have a go at Marc 

FFS some people are so willingly outraged. 

The point was to query WHY he has not been involved more, as people state he has always been an important first team member, this season less so.

I really think it's just as simple as Rodgers wants goals from his wingers, and if he can't, Rodgers'll take players who he thinks could have goals in them if he's lucky, and Albrighton must be the bottom of his list

• Thanks 1

I agree he had an off night last night in terms of his decision making but his overall work rate was still there.

He was my favourite player from the title winning side but the fact is the team has moved on.

He is still a vital member of the squad and made a positive contribution when he came on at Southampton however we now have so many options in wide areas that his starting opportunities are going to be limited.

Knowing him as we all do he will just knuckle down and do what is asked of him.  

Typical Albrighton performance of the last 2 years for me, a lot of graft and endeavour but seriously lacking in any real quality. I think that our team has just outgrown him to some extent. 

Good to bring on as a sub to see out a game but no where near a starting role and wouldn't consider bringing him off of the bench to change the game...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Apart from not being able to score last night I thought he was one of our better players 

Exactly this. It would be more critical if we'd lost that game because of him missing 2 or 3 one-on-ones. Thankfully we're creating so many chances that him missing his chances didn't change the outcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onekeithweller said:

Just an off night but he's also much more effective with Vardy in the team causing panic in defences, drawing defenders out of position and creating space to play into.

Iheanacho made some fine runs which dragged the defence out of position yesterday, including making the space for the second goal. I don't think that's it. 

Edited by Nicolo Barella