Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Sharkey

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

The criticism he’s getting for one slightly iffy cup game.

Sigh. Did you even read the OP? There is no criticism, not one little bit.

He is beyond criticism for obvious reasons. 

The point was a question - specifically, has the tactical direction change meant that he is no longer a first team player

All indications are YES

No idea why this is construed as criticism

People just like to be outraged as its much easier than reasoned debate

Great squad player, was surprised initially by the lack of game time he's had this season after he appeared to be first choice in Rodgers eye for the tougher run of fixtures at the end of last season and a great pre-season. The more I consider how exciting this team is when we play 4-1-4-1 and I get why Rodgers right now doesn't view him as a starter. We are yet to suffer a real period of mediocre or poor results though so it's easy for Rodgers to keep doing what's working, if that changes then i'm sure Albrighton will do his utmost to get a run of games and regain his importance in this team. I'm just not sure that's certain to happen as we seem the real deal this season, the dynamic way we attack is just a different breed of football to Albrighton as he approaches his 30's.

• Like 2

Just now, turtmcfly said:

I think the ground rules include the OP remembering that not everyone subsequent response is necessarily directed at their original post. You're stating a discussion, not owning it. 

Fair point well made.  :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sigh. Did you even read the OP? There is no criticism, not one little bit.

He is beyond criticism for obvious reasons. 

The point was a question - specifically, has the tactical direction change meant that he is no longer a first team player

All indications are YES

No idea why this is construed as criticism

People just like to be outraged as its much easier than reasoned debate

Keep your knickers on, didn’t say it was you did I. If you’ve been on FT or Leicester City Twitter/Facebook recently, which I think you have, then you would’ve seen plenty of silly criticism for Albrighton. 

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You seen from a number of players last night where the issue lies with playing cup games only. They lack the match fitness of competitive football. Notably decision making suffers 

This for me is the greatest value of a cup run, keeps the whole squad ticking. It's the only way to keep squad players sharp and we will benefit from it when we need to use them.

Edited by Lambert09

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Keep your knickers on, didn’t say it was you did I. If you’ve been on FT or Leicester City Twitter/Facebook recently, which I think you have, then you would’ve seen plenty of silly criticism for Albrighton. 

I have reapplied my knickers :)

No - not been on facebook/twitter (Cannot stand either) so was not aware of the posts of criticism, but anyway I have since been corrected for my misplaced outrage

13 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I think the ground rules include the OP remembering that not every subsequent response is necessarily directed at their original post. You're starting a discussion, not owning it. 

So will shut my gob and apologies for overreaction

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He's average, that's all. Can't fault his work effort but, contray to what people say, you need more than that to be a starter.

You can consider him a lesser player than Perez or Barnes if you want but to call him average is a disservice to him.

He's contributed with assists and goals in every competition we've played in for several years including our first ever CL goal, IIRC.

Average players don't get to where Marc has in his career. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

You can consider him a lesser player than Perez or Barnes if you want but to call him average is a disservice to him.

He's contributed with assists and goals in every competition we've played in for several years including our first ever CL goal, IIRC.

Average players don't get to where Marc has in his career. 

No it's not. He's never scored or assisted enough to be any more than, how I'd describe as, "average".

I'm not doubting what he's done for us but we've got to keep moving and now, rightly, there's better players than him available. 

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Like everything these days, there is no middle ground. One bad game it's GET RID. One good game it's BEST WINGER WE'VE EVER HAD.

That's modern social media for you.

Unless you've got some over the top, ludicrous, knee-jerk opinion on something then you go unnoticed and people love to be noticed.

It's shit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

No it's not. He's never scored or assisted enough to be any more than, how I'd describe as, "average".

I'm not doubting what he's done for us but we've got to keep moving and now, rightly, there's better players than him available. 

He's been in the team when the team has been successful - he's one of eleven and he plays his part, stats aside.

You do not achieve what we have achieved recently by carrying around 'average' players. 

I do not disagree about moving on - we've moved on plenty recently and Marc's limited game time is the start of his moving on.

Calling him average just smacks of being overly harsh for no real reason. He could go to a number of other mid-table squads and improve them in his sleep.

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

He's been in the team when the team has been successful - he's one of eleven and he plays his part, stats aside.

You do not achieve what we have achieved recently by carrying around 'average' players. 

I do not disagree about moving on - we've moved on plenty recently and Marc's limited game time is the start of his moving on.

Calling him average just smacks of being overly harsh for no real reason. He could go to a number of other mid-table squads and improve them in his sleep.

You're talking two/three years ago, I'm not. He was important to us when we won the title (as were all players, I don't think you carry players when you win any title). Go back and look at my posts, you'll see what I've always thought of him.

But, for balance, I'd call Wes Brown "average" and he's won 2 Champions Leagues.

Edited by Fox92

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He's average, that's all. Can't fault his work effort but, contray to what people say, you need more than that to be a starter.

He got into good positions last night but his final ball was poor.

We've come along way since he first signed and our options of Perez and Barnes are much better.

chat shit...

utter nonsense, been back bone of team for 5 years during club's best period ever, city away and albrighton is in front of all our other wingers imo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He created the most chances of any English player during our title-winning season and was something like 2nd or 3rd in the following season.

So because a separate player to him doesnt finish those chances he's created - so they don't go down as as an assist - that means he's average?

Bizarre way to judge a player. Even more bizarre way to shit on a club legend for no apparent reason.

If you think he's not got much of a part to play going forward, then fine (though I strongly disagree). But to go put of you way to try and claim that he's been anything other than a quality player for us over the years is just being twatty and edgy for the sake of it.

• Like 2

I couldn't understand why, on the occasions he had been put through on goal he took the ball out to the right and thereby created an angle which made it easier for the keeper to defend. 

Similarly Gray beat the last man and then blasted over the top.

We are talking professional footballers here so their decision making in front of goal with only the keeper to beat seemed strange.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldbluefox said:

I couldn't understand why, on the occasions he had been put through on goal he took the ball out to the right and thereby created an angle which made it easier for the keeper to defend. 

Similarly Gray beat the last man and then blasted over the top.

We are talking professional footballers here so their decision making in front of goal with only the keeper to beat seemed strange.

Human error, and probably slightly off the pace.

He's become a backup player albeit still a very capable one.

On the left wing Barnes has been getting into his stride of late and is the preferred choice of B-Rod as a starter. Similar to Mendy last year Kevin is the player to bring in around 65-70 minutes to close out a game.

Midfield is so strong that Dennis is likely to lose out never mind Albrightion.

Albrighton has proven us wrong so many times before it wouldn't surprise me if he hit form again though. Even if he doesn't he has still surpassed expectations by a long way. Been a great player for us.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Marc Albrighton doesn't have end product? One of the best crossers of the ball to ever play for LCFC, doesn't have end product?

Absolutely. Not only one of the best crossers we have, but he plays simple and direct football, always crossing it early to give Vardy maximum space to run onto. Did people forget already the exceptional long through ball he made to Vardy only last Friday that resulted in Vardy being brought down for that last minute penalty? Not only was that exceptional, he made a fantastic turn before releasing Vardy with that perfectly weighted pass.

Also, last few games he played, he was asked to play on the left when he is a right winger. He is adjusting as well.

The reason why he has been on the bench, I guess, is because of Rodgers’ preference for a player like Perez who can cut inside from the right.  What we do miss though is that early cross from the right which Perez is not capable of. But the positive is that Vardy gets more support up front. Albrighton just offers something different and it is a choice for Rodgers to make. So he isnt worst than Perez, just a different type of player.

Also, has some people forgotten already that he was often the only spark in midfield who could create something last two seasons (until Tielemans arrived)?

Finally, before the 9-0 win over Southampton, quite a few were calling for Albrighton to start over Perez as right wing. One great game by Perez, all of a sudden Albrighton is “average” ...

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1