Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

England squad announcement - Euro 2020 qualifiers 07/11

England squad - Maddison included

Goalkeepers: Tom Heaton, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Joe Gomez, Harry Maguire, Tyrone Mings, Danny Rose, John Stones, Fikayo Tomori, Kieran Trippier

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Jordan Henderson, James Maddison, Mason Mount, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Declan Rice, Harry Winks

Strikers: Tammy Abraham, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling, Callum Wilson

OOooops. Should have gone in general football - sorry mods

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I admire his use of the youth but i still get the impression that big clubs get preference. 

Maddison surely gets a start. 

Not likely. He hasn`t been through all England junior levels like Mount. That will be the reason given, not some silly "because Mount plays for Chelsea" rubbish :dry:

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No Dele Ali - was that expected? (yeah, yeah, cos he is sh*t), but seriously?

In all seriousness he hasn't done nearly enough to get in, very few decent contributions in games .  Southgate watched the Everton game where he scored and doesn't think he's ready to be brought back. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

England squad - Maddison included

Goalkeepers: Tom Heaton, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Joe Gomez, Harry Maguire, Tyrone Mings, Danny Rose, John Stones, Fikayo Tomori, Kieran Trippier

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Jordan Henderson, James Maddison, Mason Mount, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Declan Rice, Harry Winks

Strikers: Tammy Abraham, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling, Callum Wilson

OOooops. Should have gone in general football - sorry mods

Any of the keepers  all about the same

TAA Maguire Tomori Chilwell

Henderson

Mount Maddison

Sancho Abraham Sterling

Thats the 'form' team i would pick.

• Like 3

So many of those names don't deserve to be there. We really do lack quality in depth outside of the attacking positions.

TAA, Chillers, and Tomori deserve a start. Henderson, Maddison, and maybe Mount from the midfielders. You'd probably go with Kane, Sterling and Sancho would probably be most people's picks up top.

Gomez, Hudson Odoi and Ox shouldn't really be in there after only just coming back from injury - fair play to Ox though as he has looked good since he's been back.

The problem is if you take out half of those names, who do you replace them with?

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

In all seriousness he hasn't done nearly enough to get in, very few decent contributions in games .  Southgate watched the Everton game where he scored and doesn't think he's ready to be brought back. 

Dele Alli has at least had a couple of very good seasons so we know what he's capable of, even if he's not at his best currently.

Compare that to Hudson-Odoi who has been injured AND has played a total of 640 minutes of PL football ever, yet he's more than likely one of the first names on that list.

The squad is trash and even then we won't play our best XI at the same time. Just look at how we favoured Rose/Trippier over Chilwell/TAA for the last internationals as prime example of that.

3 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

So many of those names don't deserve to be there. We really do lack quality in depth outside of the attacking positions.

TAA, Chillers, and Tomori deserve a start. Henderson, Maddison, and maybe Mount from the midfielders. You'd probably go with Kane, Sterling and Sancho would probably be most people's picks up top.

Gomez, Hudson Odoi and Ox shouldn't really be in there after only just coming back from injury - fair play to Ox though as he has looked good since he's been back.

The problem is if you take out half of those names, who do you replace them with?

Grelish i would replace the Ox (yes he has done well but isnt 100% fit yet) or Delph.

That selection of forwards is very tidy though. 

Player         G A (in the league)

Abraham     9  2

Sterling       7  1

Wilson         5  -

Kane           6   1

Rashford     5   3

CHO            -   3

Sancho       3   5

First time in a while we've had good depth up top

39 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No Dele Ali - was that expected? (yeah, yeah, cos he is sh*t), but seriously?

tbf to the lad, he seems to be actively trying at the moment to pick up his form from a couple of seasons ago. With Spurs being so generally bad recently he's had the opportunity to break back into the team and has gotten himself 2 goals and an assists from just a handful of starts this season. He still shouldn't be in the England squad on his current form but he's not a million miles away if he keeps his head down and keeps focusing on improving his football.

Lingard, on the other hand...

Edited by squarez

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Grelish i would replace the Ox (yes he has done well but isnt 100% fit yet) or Delph.

Yep, Grealish has shown good form this season and would merit a place, but it's slim pickings other than that. As already mentioned, Lundstram has probably been best of the rest which reflects pretty badly on everyone else.

Guest Markyblue
11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If I was MAddison and didnt get a game with that list of midfielders i would be looking at my family tree.

He played for Aberdeen on loan surely he could play for Scotland!

Think he wants international football. 

17 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If I was MAddison and didnt get a game with that list of midfielders i would be looking at my family tree.

He played for Aberdeen on loan surely he could play for Scotland!

Maybe Gareth is performing some form of top 6 tapping up.

i.e.; "Madders lad, get yourself off to Man Utd, and you might find yourself on the Old Trafford and the Wembley pitch"

:ph34r: