Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

I'm A Celeb 2019

Is it just me or have they seriously ran out of ideas with these trials? Seems like every day recently it's 'find stars in a room full of [critters/snakes/toads/rats]'. Swear there used to be loads more variety, getting boring now...

• Like 2

Just now, Xen said:

Is it just me or have they seriously ran out of ideas with these trials? Seems like every day recently it's 'find stars in a room full of [critters/snakes/toads/rats]'. Swear there used to be loads more variety, getting boring now...

This year; last few trials at least, have all been untie knots and unscrew a star. 

A few have been inventive but a lot are just recycled 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Know what you mean.

I quite miss the live animal eating trials personally (where some contestant sits in front of a table with covered plates in front of them. But due to political correctness etc, this type of trial won't happen again.

16 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Know what you mean.

I quite miss the live animal eating trials personally (where some contestant sits in front of a table with covered plates in front of them. But due to political correctness etc, this type of trial won't happen again.

I don't mind there not being so many of the live animal eating trials, as they still get a fair few eating trials in anyway (Already they've had Adele/Roman, the group 'Love Island' one, the group 'Cinema' one for immunity, and they'll undoubtedly have another just before the final like they always do). Not as fun now though as they're all expecting it and just get on with it. 

Not many challenges involving doing anything at height, or (challenging) underwater tasks. And too many tasks in pairs that really didn't need to be - like Jacqueline in the task with Ian.

As @UniFox21 alluded to; they're just obsessed with knots this year.

• Like 1

TBH I only really watch the show for Ant and Dec's daft nonsense in between VTs and a bit of the trials. 

The camp stuff is pretty boring this year. Everyone's too nice. 

You want someone like Lady C who is just a total bell end and will wind everyone up.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Xen said:

I don't mind there not being so many of the live animal eating trials, as they still get a fair few eating trials in anyway (Already they've had Adele/Roman, the group 'Love Island' one, the group 'Cinema' one for immunity, and they'll undoubtedly have another just before the final like they always do). Not as fun now though as they're all expecting it and just get on with it. 

Not many challenges involving doing anything at height, or (challenging) underwater tasks. And too many tasks in pairs that really didn't need to be - like Jacqueline in the task with Ian.

As @UniFox21 alluded to; they're just obsessed with knots this year.

All seems fairly repetitive and/or in groups for support. 

As you've said, very few challenges took on aspects of height or water. Some of the best are the most simple ones that play on things like that rather than bugs etc.

I think the dingo dollar challenge is partially to blame, they get creative trials leaving the bushtucker to be poor abd repetitive. 

For me; I'd like to see trials based on what the celebs do normally. Take on some sport theme challenge; football, rugby, athletics etc. Same for the soap stars. 

I liked the hellavator thing, but was made annoying by the continuous knots or unscrewing of stars. Hide some or include a puzzle or something new.

TV entertainment shows in general need a kick up the arse, not sure how many years Celebs been going but add Strictly, X Factor and Britain’s got Talent then the light entertainment format has become very monotonous, churning out the same old shows year after year, they need fresh ideas and change it up.

9 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

TV entertainment shows in general need a kick up the arse, not sure how many years Celebs been going but add Strictly, X Factor and Britain’s got Talent then the light entertainment format has become very monotonous, churning out the same old shows year after year, they need fresh ideas and change it up.

Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway is excellent. It'll be a welcome return next year. 

A bit of a throwback to 90s, Noel's House Party-style shows, but it's so much more entertaining than the tired talent, singing or dancing programmes. 

It's turned into a celebrity weep-a-thon. 

I know some people like that, it humanises the famous, but it's not for me at all. I can't abide it. 

It seems everything has to turn into a weepy during the course of its run. I much prefer things to be upbeat and exciting; I've no desire to Ian Wrigjt squeeze out a few tears because someone was nice to him. 

I manage these conversations with my friends and family without roaring. I can't help but think it's largely an act, deep down, and is done knowing it'll get referred to as 'raw' or 'poignant' or whatever. 

4 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

wikipedia has the opening of this year's i'm a celeb as the single most watched tv show of the year in the uk. love island the most tweeted about event of the year last year, too. strictly consistently gets an insane amount of viewers. 

x factor has finally run it's course, but the rest of them (and the new ones like the circle etc) are here to stay because it's what the public want. 

saying all that, this year's im a celeb has, you're right, been fu cking boring. 

5 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Simon Cowell has certainly had a shocker this year.All his shows are well past their sell by date.

10 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

wikipedia has the opening of this year's i'm a celeb as the single most watched tv show of the year in the uk. love island the most tweeted about event of the year last year, too. strictly consistently gets an insane amount of viewers. 

x factor has finally run it's course, but the rest of them (and the new ones like the circle etc) are here to stay because it's what the public want. 

saying all that, this year's im a celeb has, you're right, been fu cking boring. 

Well I watched the opening of I’m a Celeb and ended up switching off, I’m not sure how the ratings have since gone on but generally I don’t think viewers are impressed or entertained this year, as you say it’s boring, possibly  down to the celebrities they’ve chosen but equally it could be that it’s getting monotonous.

As for the Saturday night shows where families sit together and watch tv they’ve already got their audience for the light entertainment shows, X factor is dead in the water and needs binning but ITV continue to show it, it’s run it’s course, maybe I was a little unfair on Strictly but the BBC show little imagination either, dare I mention Casualty? 

8 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Well I watched the opening of I’m a Celeb and ended up switching off, I’m not sure how the ratings have since gone on but generally I don’t think viewers are impressed or entertained this year, as you say it’s boring, possibly  down to the celebrities they’ve chosen but equally it could be that it’s getting monotonous.

As for the Saturday night shows where families sit together and watch tv they’ve already got their audience for the light entertainment shows, X factor is dead in the water and needs binning but ITV continue to show it, it’s run it’s course, maybe I was a little unfair on Strictly but the BBC show little imagination either, dare I mention Casualty? 

I read in the paper they reckon this is lowest watched series since it began. First episode of the series was watched by 10million viewers, by the time they get to episode 4 it dropped to 6million! at the moment there averaging between 5 or 6 million views. Compared to last year when 12million watched Redknapp be crowned king of the jungle. 

I do wonder if the show is becoming stale now... we've had some good and bad series however I think we have found over recent years the nostaligia of the series has gone. Maybe they should drop it for a few years then maybe bring it back... see how much the audience miss it.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I read in the paper they reckon this is lowest watched series since it began. First episode of the series was watched by 10million viewers, by the time they get to episode 4 it dropped to 6million! at the moment there averaging between 5 or 6 million views. Compared to last year when 12million watched Redknapp be crowned king of the jungle. 

I do wonder if the show is becoming stale now... we've had some good and bad series however I think we have found over recent years the nostaligia of the series has gone. Maybe they should drop it for a few years then maybe bring it back... see how much the audience miss it.

This is the problem. I start watching it and then find it's just a bit the same, so by about week 2 I miss an episode for whatever reason and then that's it I just drift away from it, I missed friday, sat and sunday for whatever reason and that's it, couldn't be bothered with it monday, didn't watch tuesday or last due to the football and now I have very little interest as I've not kept up on who's gone etc.

Think it could do with being bi annual to be honest.

I do wonder how long it has left before it dies off completely.

11 hours ago, Bayfox said:

This is the problem. I start watching it and then find it's just a bit the same, so by about week 2 I miss an episode for whatever reason and then that's it I just drift away from it, I missed friday, sat and sunday for whatever reason and that's it, couldn't be bothered with it monday, didn't watch tuesday or last due to the football and now I have very little interest as I've not kept up on who's gone etc.

I think they'll keep doing it till as long as they have Ant'n'Dec on board. Of course last year we didn't have Ant due to his problems at home, however still had Dec and he had fantastic on screen partner in Holly Willoughby taking over. If they had series without the pair of them then I think that would be it... I'm not sure anyone could step up into there shoes. They'd certainly try it... I mean I can just see them now shoving likes of Rylan Clark and Scarlett Moffatt as the new main presenters. That honestly would just kill the show off.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Same here. I've set a series link from the start but actually I haven't watched a full episode since day 5. I have just spooled through till I found Kate Garraway in a bikini top. 

Since then... nah.

The tasks are the same, the dingo dollar booth is dull, everyone knows that a camel's penis is going to be chewy and a bit wiffy, a crocodile isn't a crocodile, it's a baby croc with barely any teeth, scorpions have had their sting removed. Crabs are probably the most likely to hurt. Fish guts are probably the most repulsive thing they have to eat/drink. 

For me the most challenging thing they do is in the first episode, jumping from a helicopter, swimming in the "swamp" and particularly, the walk out from the high building. 

But then I'm scared of heights.

Let's be real, no one is going to be injured/unwell/dead in a TV show. They're all massively protected in spite of what we see on TV.

It's as fake as XFactor/BGT

Don't think it's been as boring as people are making out, it's had more awkwardness and tension and rifts in camp that previous years. I thought ITV had cut back on looking for that sort of atmosphere ever since Lady C. Don't think this show will die any time soon, it's not like there's anything else like it. How many singing shows are there on TV these days? It's no surprise X Factor has gone. It's good that ITV have kept this strictly once a year. Hopefully a winter love island will be OTT and overkill, now that is a show I can't understand the draw in.