Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

There's something about Iheanacho. I believe him when he says that Leicester is an amazing club. I understand players have eyes on bigger clubs. Since fans would sell a player after a few bad games I don't care. But Iheanacho seems sincere. In his interview above he spoke very positively about Vardy. He noted how unselfish Vardy is. I expect to see Vardy miss more chances the coming seasons. But when Vardy's providing for Iheanacho, it's all turning up roses. We're a lucky club.

....funny thing was, that this was what Shakespeare was hoping to nurture!!!

It has taken some time for it to come together, it might have saved Shakespeare but we probably would not be where we are, sliding doors.

Still would love to have Shakespeare back in the fold, I felt he was a special coach and I would love to have him back on our backroom staff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, enmac said:

King Kel! 

This is a great video because it shows you the all round improvement in his game. Goals are why he's suddenly gone from reject to hero among the fans, but the way he is playing is fantastic. Vardy right now is not scoring, but his all round play keeps him in the team. If Nacho was not scoring, the rest of his all round play would still keep him in the team, he made lots of opportunities for others in that game, as well as getting into the right place at the right time.

The Kelechi signing really is an interesting one. When we first signed him I bet the idea was for him to take over from Vardy as the main striker at the end of his 3rd / 4th season with us, with Vardy then being the one that came on from the bench / supported Kelechi. For the longest time (including as recently as January this year!) it looked like that was a million miles away from happening, but now all of a sudden the plan is coming to fruition. A lot of us thought Iheanacho could be a good signing because he had the potential to be a really good player, we are talking a 50/60m forward if he took his opportunity. And while it's taken him a long time, if he can consistently play to the level he has shown over the last 3 months, he will become that player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is a great video because it shows you the all round improvement in his game. Goals are why he's suddenly gone from reject to hero among the fans, but the way he is playing is fantastic. Vardy right now is not scoring, but his all round play keeps him in the team. If Nacho was not scoring, the rest of his all round play would still keep him in the team, he made lots of opportunities for others in that game, as well as getting into the right place at the right time.

The Kelechi signing really is an interesting one. When we first signed him I bet the idea was for him to take over from Vardy as the main striker at the end of his 3rd / 4th season with us, with Vardy then being the one that came on from the bench / supported Kelechi. For the longest time (including as recently as January this year!) it looked like that was a million miles away from happening, but now all of a sudden the plan is coming to fruition. A lot of us thought Iheanacho could be a good signing because he had the potential to be a really good player, we are talking a 50/60m forward if he took his opportunity. And while it's taken him a long time, if he can consistently play to the level he has shown over the last 3 months, he will become that player.

....we seem to be falling back into the old thought of Nacho upfront on his own!!!

It doesn't work,  he needs someone up with him and it has been obvious for some time. Not many teams play with two upfront so that would limit any potential transfers and consigns us to a rigid format. 

The only way Nacho becomes the main man is if Vardy continues to be a foil for him, or we buy someone to play alongside Nacho.

I hadnt realised this guy is our top scorer in all competitions with 15 goals. Who would have thought that just 6 months ago. Hopefully this is a new era for Kel and it has kick started his City career. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clt1900 said:

Iheanacho may be better when he plays with another striker, but in games he played as the lone striker, especially in the Europa League, he played well.

Early stages of domestic cup competitions and against questionable Europa opponents. Absolutely agree, he played well, but he's certainly much more comfortable with a strike partner. 

In hindsight, it would have been interesting to see Iheanacho start in the Everton and Leeds matches rather than Perez playing there. Although, I do definitely agree with the sentiment that Iheanacho is at his best when he plays alongside another striker rather than playing as the lone striker as demonstrated in recent matches.

Now his best goal scoring season in the PL with 9 and still has 6 games to go. 

Nice to see him and Barnes put Vardy under a bit of pressure to be top goal scorer this season.

Really chance if Barnes gets fit that we could have 4 players on double figures in the PL Vardy (13), Nacho (9) Barnes (9)  Maddison (8)

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Now his best goal scoring season in the PL with 9 and still has 6 games to go. 

Nice to see him and Barnes put Vardy under a bit of pressure to be top goal scorer this season.

Really chance if Barnes gets fit that we could have 4 players on double figures in the PL Vardy (13), Nacho (9) Barnes (9)  Maddison (8)

Does Barnes get in the side when we are playing 2 up top?

Good to see Rodgers constructive criticism of Iheanacho post match, There is still room for improvement but definitely he has stepped up this season when we have needed him.

You could tell he was annoyed at himself for missing those chances last night which was good to see 

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Good to see Rodgers constructive criticism of Iheanacho post match, There is still room for improvement but definitely he has stepped up this season when we have needed him.

You could tell he was annoyed at himself for missing those chances last night which was good to see 

Any good pro always knows there is room for improvement in his game . Kel needs to instinctively use his right foot when needed and stay icy cool and never snatch at chances. Otherwise he's finding great positions and reading the game excellently.

10 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Does Barnes get in the side when we are playing 2 up top?

With how Vardy has been playing, drifting left, I could see Barnes possible taking up that role.

He would maybe need to adapt in the sense that he wouldn't get the ball as often as he wouldn't be coming as deep but it would definately be worth seeing how he played alongside Kel.  

I thought Rodgers criticism was a little harsh as Kelechi has been outstanding for a few weeks now but he'll know the best way to get the best out of him. He strikes me as a confidence player so not sure if the best way to motivate him is to tell him how good he's been. 

• Like 3

So pleased for him. 

More importantly two up front! I've always personally said I don't like just one up front. With Kelechi it obviously didn't suit him, he can't do the same role as Vardy. I know Barnes coming back will cause Rodgers a selection headache but two up front, especially with Kelechi and Vardy's record, needs to be kept.

5 minutes ago, shailen said:

I thought Rodgers criticism was a little harsh as Kelechi has been outstanding for a few weeks now but he'll know the best way to get the best out of him. He strikes me as a confidence player so not sure if the best way to motivate him is to tell him how good he's been. 

It was constructive criticism Iheanacho knows he needs to keep on working hard and improve he has the right ethos. Main thing is his work ethic, and he has a high ceiling of potential to be one of the best strikers at this level. If he keeps it up